Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Imperator: Rome - the new grand strategy from Paradox

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
And that interface...

Resize it so it doesnt take up 90% of the screen and the text is:

IJ1hLph.gif

ISP had the exact same reaction to the game I had when I started it up, even in the right order. Nice map, weird UI, combat feels weird, nothing to do, AI doesn't do anything either.

e: Watch Paradox implement defensive pacts a la CK2 to discourage no-CB high-AE blobbing. Just watch 'em do it. Calling it now.

ISP gets respect from me since he actually went back and did a video on EU:Rome, so he has the perspective to know exactly how much of the game is just a copy with zero innovation.

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I am surprised that it took the Paracucks so long to figure out that one of the fundamental mechanics of the game is fundamentally "problematic":

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/diversity-not-ein-volk-ein-reich.1170903/ said:
Diversity! NOT "ein volk, ein reich".
I start the game and look on the culture map. I see beautiful culture diversity everywhere. I then play the game for some years. Then I look on the map again. Then I see it... "Macedonian". And it starts to conver great parts of the map.

I don't like this mass-assimilation. It's unhistorical and makes the culture map look awful.

I think the assimilation system need to be either reworked (maybe only make citizen pops able for assimilation) or restricted to the human-played country only (why not add this as a option before starting a new game?).

This game describes the world as right wingers want us to believe - that non-mainstream new "cultures" (which nowadays is a dog whistle for race) in your nation do not contribute as much as the "natives", and bring violence.

At least at first glance. The small print shows a different picture: That they do not contribute because they are not accepted by the "original" culture, aka are oppressed. Technology/progress does not so much change the culture of the newly immigrated or conquered, but the acceptance of society for the new arrivals.

Yet "assimilation" is still the preferred and most worthwhile option for your nation. It comes across as if the world would be best if everybody is like me, the player.

It is fine line that Pdox is walking here. I am totally convinced that they are not engaged in right wing propaganda, but I hope that future updates will make it clearer what's what and that their games do not give you pause in this regard. This is a new age, please adapt Pdox.

Show me a nonpolitical game, and I'll show you a game about absolutely nothing.

Wonder whether Paradox will now completely change a basic mechanic of the game. Wouldn't surprise me at all. I mean Paradox has embraced the SJW crowd and this is what you get.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/diversity-not-ein-volk-ein-reich.1170903/ said:
Diversity! NOT "ein volk, ein reich".
I start the game and look on the culture map. I see beautiful culture diversity everywhere. I then play the game for some years. Then I look on the map again. Then I see it... "Macedonian". And it starts to conver great parts of the map.

I don't like this mass-assimilation. It's unhistorical and makes the culture map look awful.

I think the assimilation system need to be either reworked (maybe only make citizen pops able for assimilation) or restricted to the human-played country only (why not add this as a option before starting a new game?).

This game describes the world as right wingers want us to believe - that non-mainstream new "cultures" (which nowadays is a dog whistle for race) in your nation do not contribute as much as the "natives", and bring violence.

At least at first glance. The small print shows a different picture: That they do not contribute because they are not accepted by the "original" culture, aka are oppressed. Technology/progress does not so much change the culture of the newly immigrated or conquered, but the acceptance of society for the new arrivals.

Yet "assimilation" is still the preferred and most worthwhile option for your nation. It comes across as if the world would be best if everybody is like me, the player.

It is fine line that Pdox is walking here. I am totally convinced that they are not engaged in right wing propaganda, but I hope that future updates will make it clearer what's what and that their games do not give you pause in this regard. This is a new age, please adapt Pdox.

Show me a nonpolitical game, and I'll show you a game about absolutely nothing.
Good gods...
700.jpg

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
They couldn't even add an age range to the Olympics event. Couldn't even be assed to properly implement something that pops up regularly for roughly a third of the ancient world. 87 year olds competing in the Olympics.

Fuck you Paradox, you lying lazy whores.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
They couldn't even add an age range to the Olympics event. Couldn't even be assed to properly implement something that pops up regularly for roughly a third of the ancient world. 87 year olds competing in the Olympics.

Fuck you Paradox, you lying lazy whores.
Did he win?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
They have made,but locked the map for the upcoming dlcs?
I think they have just taken the Eurasia map from EUIV and scaled it down a bit and that's why it's in the files.
I doubt it,it looks like something snatched from google maps and coloured so it won't end up in a law case. This map is more detailed up close and have more provinces than EU4,but it is a lot shittier when you zoom out and all the colours kind off mix and look like grey shit. EU4 map is more clear and sharp with clear colours differentiation .

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Mark my words, this thing is so shoddily done and untested, people will be finding tons and tons of glaring issues and bugs over the next few months. The 80 year old Olympic athletes are just flavor problems, there's worse:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Imperator/comments/bi3cel/psa_dont_ever_pay_off_barbarians/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Imperator/comments/bic6nu/you_are_earning_less_manpower_than_you_should_or/
It turns out that your monthly Manpower does not just get rounded once per city, but rounded down once per city. In the example of the first screenshot, I am getting almost 1 Manpower less per month than I should since 2,075/300=6.917, but it gets rounded to 6, about 13% lower than it should be. The lower the Manpower Cap of a city, and therefore monthly Manpower, the larger percantage of your monthly Manpower you lose. Any cities with less than 300 Manpower Cap give 0 Manpower per month. Scaresly populated areas obviously get it worst. Leaving countries there to rely heavily on their base Manpower recovery which as an added bonus is of course being rounded down from 12500/300=41.67 to 41 (provided you don't have any maximum Manpower modifiers)

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
The base of the game should have been CKII, not EU. They cannot reproduce such complexities in a nation-based system, even if they have characters. So they have to use mana to try and get vaguely realistic results as a form of abstraction.

Agreed man, imo they fucked up twice now, could have used complete CK system for Stellaris and I:R. But Johan has been quoted as saying I:R is "map-painting", so it was NEVER going to have deep mechanics. The character stuff is just a novelty side thing, whether they decide to expand it later who knows? But as already repeated here this entire game is built on a rotten foundation so aside from complete overhauls its always going to be a shallow turd.

They seem to be doubling down on the Youtube meme, World Conquer, Multiplayer audience, and yea, financially Im sure this makes sense, but for me fuck this company, I am out, they will get no more money from me.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
the post about the assimilate mechanic is right

it's completely retarded and ahistorical

paracucks are fucking hacks

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
liking dumb mechanics to own the libcucks

the absolute state of cuckdex reactionaries lmao, HONK HONK

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom