Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News In 2008 his swords become sharper still!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Trash said:
Why spend page after page showing everyone what an asshole you are when you can wait all of three weeks and see wether it''s worth bitching about? The game is unplayable, the game is fucked up, the patch will be too big, blah blah blah. Seriously, the only reason you're still argueing is because you are such a tard that you will never ever admit that you might have overstated things. But then, we allready knew that, didn't we?
Oh please Trash, you've been trying to bait me through-out this entire thread. Your useless "I hate DU" one-liners have added nothing and I haven't once seen a post by you countering anything that's been raised. In fact, I was happily ignoring you until you asked me a question about "why not play the patch" only to answer and now be told that I shouldn't be posting.

Jeff Graw said:
DarkUnderlord said:
Either way, "free" my mother-fucking ass. It'll take me about a day to download a 1 GB patch on my slow Aussie broadband. That's if I want to do other things on the net at the same time.
:roll:
I love how you deftly skip over the part where I talk about having to pay the cost of a new game to get the cool tangible stuff, trot right through the part where I talk about postage costs for those who register (by the way, can anyone confirm if that's still going ahead?) and focus solely on the comment I make after me complaining about "free my ass", just so you can use the roll-eyes smiley. I give that an A+ for effort.

aron searle said:
Fez said:
I can see his point of view and understand it. I don't know why so many are taking such offence to what DU is saying. It's as if he's posted a photo of him tea-bagging your parents as news.
It's because of the way he posts news which is like some angry nerd, which in turn causes more nerdrage.
It's partly that. Which I do have to confess, I have thrown in some things deliberately from time to time to stir stuff up (like calling a thread "The Witcher sucks" right after this one). Though I am constantly surprised at even news items I haphazardly threw-together becoming centres of hate and anger. And don't get me wrong either, this is my opinion and I'll happily have it out with all of you if that's what it takes. The other part of it is that I'm not VD and there's still the hate and anger at me over the role I played in his ousting.

And let's face it, I've been around here long enough to see people complaining about the news items Saint posted, whinging about the news items Rex posted and cry constantly over Vault Dweller's news posts. "This isn't news" and "you suck" (along with the "decline" of the Codex) have been memes going back at least four years now. The only thing that's changed is I'm posting more news.

fizzelopeguss said:
DU is just butthurt over the olympics.
I do have to say the Australian Gold medal tally is pretty piss-poor.

bonescraper said:
Like i said, this conversation is pointless.
Welcome to the internet, please enjoy your stay. The point of having conversations is more to have the conversation. Not to actually change anything. There'd be a few people reading this thread and maybe agreeing and disagreeing with the points people make but the actual people taking part in the thread very rarely change their minds (there's this whole thing about "saving face" which I recommend you read up on if you want to get into the psychology behind that). Only very rarely do people ever change their minds during any debate / discussion. And it certainly never happens when the best "the other side" can do is call you an asshole and throw in ad hominems.

Besides, if there's not at least one person in the world who thinks you're an asshole, it means you've never expressed a worthwhile opinion about anything.

Fez said:
It's as if he's posted a photo of him tea-bagging your parents as news.
I'll have to do that one day.

Jeff Graw

StarChart Interactive
Developer
DarkUnderlord said:
I love how you deftly skip over the part where I talk about having to pay the cost of a new game to get the cool tangible stuff, trot right through the part where I talk about postage costs for those who register (by the way, can anyone confirm if that's still going ahead?) and focus solely on the comment I make after me complaining about "free my ass", just so you can use the roll-eyes smiley. I give that an A+ for effort.

Well, by the way it was worded it seemed like you were saying that the boxed upgrade wasn't free because of shipping, while the downloadable version wasn't free because your internet sucks and you might need to wait a whole day for it to download. Both are stupid (don't want the boxed version that gets you a couple of worthless extras? Just download the upgrade) but the second half took the cake, so that's what I made fun of.

Anyway, I shouldn't be debating you. You've already lost by not owning up to your obvious logical fallacy after I shed light on it multiple times. A debate with you is pointless because I've already won and you just keep repeating the same debunked crap. I will, however, take pot shots at you as you come up with new stupidity and far flung rationalizations.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
DarkUnderlord said:
Trash said:
Why spend page after page showing everyone what an asshole you are when you can wait all of three weeks and see wether it''s worth bitching about? The game is unplayable, the game is fucked up, the patch will be too big, blah blah blah. Seriously, the only reason you're still argueing is because you are such a tard that you will never ever admit that you might have overstated things. But then, we allready knew that, didn't we?
Oh please Trash, you've been trying to bait me through-out this entire thread. Your useless "I hate DU" one-liners have added nothing and I haven't once seen a post by you countering anything that's been raised. In fact, I was happily ignoring you until you asked me a question about "why not play the patch" only to answer and now be told that I shouldn't be posting.

You raised anything in this thread? Looks to me like you just posted a blog of a radom guy because he shares your sentiment towards the witcher. Then when people confront you about it you just keep on hammering home what a little childish shit you are. All those points you raised are there just for one reason, you overreacted in that initial thread and you are defenitely not man enough to ever admit that you might have been doing just that. I don't mind, the drama is funny, but get of that high horse of yours. All you've done so far is making a fool out of yourself.

DarkUnderlord said:
How dare you. Trash is the leader of the common man. He will stand up to your fuhrership and make your government of terror (and kingcomrade) crumble!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Jeff Graw said:
don't want the boxed version that gets you a couple of worthless extras?
I want the worthless extras. Maps are fun.

Trash said:
Looks to me like you just posted a blog of a radom guy because he shares your sentiment towards the witcher.
Wrong thread Trash. Try again.

sportforredneck said:
How dare you. Trash is the leader of the common man. He will stand up to your fuhrership and make your government of terror (and kingcomrade) crumble!
My mighty armies crushed the pathetic, snivelling Vault Dweller forces who wept and moaned for months after I swept their leader aside in a magnificently planned and executed coup. I think I can handle Trash. :P

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
DarkUnderlord said:
My mighty armies crushed the pathetic, snivelling Vault Dweller forces who wept and moaned for months after I swept their leader aside in a magnificently planned and executed coup. I think I can handle Trash. :P

You little rascal. Seems we've got ourselves a true Machiavelli here.

DarkUnderlord said:
You are a worthy opponent. But I will fight for Trash to the bitter end. Vault Dweller's forces were weak. But we support the God, Trash. He's not a wimpy God like the Christians have, oh no, he's the muslim God that demands death of the infidels.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
From my upcoming memoirs:

Relying on Christian supporters was definitely my biggest mistake. The Christians, being accustomed to turn the other cheek, proved to be poor combatants. We've lost a lot of good men in the first days of the conflict but failed to stop the advancing heathen hordes of the unholy triumvirate. I realize now that we were simply unprepared. Had we have any Muslim allies or invested into Japanese kamikaze pilots, things would have been very different today. Very, very different.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Gragt said:
You should have tried the Protoss.
Nah, they're just fags.

With all those religious options, I think he should have gone with the followers of the Holy Emperor of Mankind.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Spacemarines. They would have saved the day. General Kingcomrade was supposed to bring in a chapter of spacemarines, but he pulled Grouchy and failed to engage DU's main forces. :(

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Unfortunately as an Inquisitor in low esteem, I only had access to Lazy Marines.
Lazy_marines_by_40_Kun.jpg

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Some Inca priests would have turned this unholy putsch around in no time. Anyone that feels that you should kill a thousand pow's a day just to make the sun rise in the morning is someone I'd want in my camp.

Helton

Arcane
The warriors of Thebes stood on the right side of the phalanx so they could engage the Spartans directly. This earned them the respect and trust of many other Greek tribes and delivered them victorious in the end.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Bastards, giving them blankets to them redskins.

kingcomrade said:
That's because you're degenerate Euroswine. A gentleman exterminates peoples like that, rather than abides by them.

That is why Europe is the birthplace of all that is good and holy and you lot are the proud inventors of Burger King.

Re: Bastards, giving them blankets to them redskins.

Trash said:
That is why Europe is the birthplace of all that is good and holy and you lot are the proud inventors of Burger King.
Don't forget Basketball.

Helton

Arcane
Football is like the phalanx. The Blues are like Thebes and the Bulls are like Sparta and when you hit a grand slam, anything can happen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom