Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In praise of Ubisoft

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
H3HD_creatures_comparison_SD1999_vs_HD2014.jpg

:lol:

GrainWetski

Arcane
This is a nice Reddit thread we have here.

Siege is "the thinking man's shooter" and games running at 20-25 FPS is better than 60+ because reasons.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
This is a nice Reddit thread we have here.

Siege is "the thinking man's shooter" and games running at 20-25 FPS is better than 60+ because reasons.

Well, the thread title is like a shout to the world to announce the poster's successful lobotomy.

Gerrard

Arcane
That must be For Honor on PC, right? On PS4 that ceiling is much higher, as 30fps make it very difficult to react. I'm a hundred or so hours in and didn't reach that point it yet. If you try to just react - specially against light spammers - it's suicide.
Relying on chance instead of player skill = higher skill ceiling
The more you know

...which brings the point: it seems these games are actually better on consoles (or at least their meta are) due to that platforms limitations making em more difficult to master. Weird.
I honestly think 90% of Souls fans in the Codex never tried For Honor. Otherwise this game would be much more respected.
Or maybe just 90% of Souls fans on the Codex aren't fucking retarded like you.

All FPS tournaments should be done at 30FPS and on gamepads because handicapping your players makes the game more competitive.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If controllers came with PCs then online shooters probably would have gone controller only by now to make it "fair to everyone" and reduce development time from porting the console versions. Thankfully PCs don't come with controllers, so they have to support both.

Silva

Arcane
And that was the reason it was so successful. It was the "thinking man's" competitive shooter. One where even aimlets like me could fare well because of my superior strategy making and improvisation.
Exactly. I'm total shit with a reticle and still manage to play well due to awereness and tactics. Oh and communication. Communication is king in Siege. Or, put in another way: it's the game that most values information / Intel I've ever seen.

Also: what is a non-E-sports "thinking man" shooter though? ARMA? I've played tons of ARMA 2 and 3 both single- and multiplayer and disagree it rewards tactics as much as Siege do. For all glorified physics and muh simulation, ARMA shootouts are pretty basic pixel-hunting (and sightseeing) over far distances where effective use of tactics and strategy is much less prevalent than it's players like to brag about.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
For Honor has one of the best fighting system I've seen (forget Nioh, Souls or Sekiro crap, this is the thing)
Kill yourself. Preferably with that system.
Soul games are shallow.
And For Honor's fighting system is pure garbage designed to imitate fighting games by people whose only experience with fighting games was mashing buttons in Mortal Kombat, your point? It's also shallow.

Last edited:

GrainWetski

Arcane
https://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-apologizes-for-homophobic-slur-in-the-division-2/

Ubisoft has issued an apology for an image in The Division 2 that contained a homophobic slur, and removed it from the game. The multi-story piece of street art, which first came to notice earlier this week, depicted a police officer eating a donut while wearing badge number "FA6607."

That very obviously translates from 'leetspeak' into a slur, and there's no clear context for it. Is the police officer homophobic, or is it a homophobic anti-police statement, or is the word just there and there's no reason behind it? Ubisoft has not attempted to defend the image, and said it should have been caught by its review process before making it into the game.

(Update: Some players think the image is a riff on art for the 1981 Black Flag single "Police Story." There are similarities, but even if that link is legitimate, it doesn't provide any additional context or sense for the in-game image.)

"It's been brought to our attention that a piece of street art in Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 contained offensive content. We removed the image from the game via a patch on Thursday, April 11," Ubisoft said in a statement.

"We apologize that this image slipped through our content review processes, and we are currently reviewing them in order to avoid this kind of oversight from occurring in the future."

Ubisoft didn't comment on how the image made it into the game in the first place, although the offending content is a very small part of the image and obviously not easy to pick out.

Praise Ubisoft!

It's just a copy-paste from some album cover, but PoliticallyCorrect epicGamer won't stand for this transgression.

0t29VFW.jpg

iOFhGQw.jpg

Silva

Arcane
And For Honor's fighting system is pure garbage designed to imitate fighting games by people whose only experience with fighting games was mashing buttons in Mortal Kombat, your point? It's also shallow.
What a load of crap. Who told you For Honor tries to imitate 2D arcade fighting games like Mortal Kombat, dude? I like it precisely because it avoids that shit. Instead it reminds me much more a semi-realistic, Bushido Blade / Kengo -like with Souls influence.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Ubisoft is giving away Ass creed Unity for free in Uplay, they will donate 500.000 € to France for Notre dame reconstruction and they are open to give the information they gathered when developing that game for Notre dame's recreation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom