Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In the Spirit of Christmas, let us all strive for peace amongst ourselves

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Ranselknulf: crispy, in the spirit of christmas, I propose the codex disable the ignore feature until after new years

This is a great idea. Even I have some people on ignore but putting aside our petty differences for this blessed holiday season would be the right thing to do.

Make it so.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Gz8fKBc.jpg

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I wrote a quickie to allow ye fags to make your current ignore list permanent as an adblocker filter list without having to write down all the names manually, based on your current forum ignore list :
https://pastebin.com/kpKGfW6d

Install python, run pip install beautifulsoup, save your current ignore list page as il.html and throw it in the same folder as the script, run the script, get a nice prebuilt filter list to place in your uBlock. No one can take your ignore list away from you!

[edit: changed link to a better paste site that doesn't autodelete shit]

Last edited:

Neanderthal

Arcane
"How shall I know that my deeds are true and pleasing to my fellow man?" Asked the Seeker.
"If in doubt, kill an Elf, and know that you do the work of the righteous." Answered the Prophet.

Neanderthal 6:27.

Lets forget our arguments for the Solstice and celebrate with good clean genocide for the whole family.

Bohr

Arcane
i have better idea, make it ignore roulette!

people that break treshold(10 ignores?) will have their list periodically randomized based on current logged in users. You can make it symmetric with original ignore count and do something like <ignore_count>% of logged in users get ignored.

They will never know who will they be 'forced' to interact with today.

Nice idea, but wouldn't it be even better without the random element? Could instead generate the list via a complex formula including post count, Pacific Standard Time and doggy ratings received, so those people who mastered the system could make more informed interaction decisions.

Cael

Arcane
Funny, every day I learn some new person is ignoring me and yet I don't even know who they are.
It is pretty obvious who are the alts when they do that, though. You have one guy with a few tens of thousands of posts putting you on his ignore list and suddenly, three others with zero or single digit post counts ignore you as well. You just have to roll your eyes at how transparent they are.

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
I don't ignore anyone. I try not to unless I have no other choice (won't back off). It goes against my belief that, however retarded, you should be able to have your say when interacting with me. I think Crispy has a good idea.

Mustawd

i have better idea, make it ignore roulette!

people that break treshold(10 ignores?) will have their list periodically randomized based on current logged in users. You can make it symmetric with original ignore count and do something like <ignore_count>% of logged in users get ignored.

They will never know who will they be 'forced' to interact with today. If thats not in the spirit of ghost of christmas past then I dont know what is.

It’s like a Holidays White Elephant. I love it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom