Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

John Keel

Savant
Cause of weight, at some certain point when you open a trader the UI lag-out when u have some hundred of em .
Probably going to release a trader cleaner at some point too, to autoclean the inventory of traders cause atm it's a huge mess

John Keel

Savant
ya but end of act1 or act2 when economy is not insanely broken yet, Tarquin inventory is 200-300+ random bullshit in it.

John Keel

Savant
Values were inconsistent for the last tier when framed.

Generally, the % elemental dmg was downgraded from 15% to X% (x=9,11,12,13) when the baseline is 15%.

Water and Air rune had the resist type swapped. Now water rune = water resist, air = air resist.

John Keel

Savant
For Cryomancer, do you guys think it should be able to create cursed Ice surfaces ?

If so, what do you think would be an appropriate Hydro level for that, 16 ?

John Keel

Savant
How about you give me some feedback you faggots instead of arguing which stats is better ? (it's warfare)

John Keel

Savant
Cryomancy != hydromancy.

Hailstrike got nothing to do with healing ......

It's just larian bein lazy and not splitting the schools

There is cursed blood, not sure about cursed air ?

John Keel

Savant
So yes to both of your questions :D

<item index="0" value="None"/>
<item index="1" value="Fire"/>
<item index="2" value="FireBlessed"/>
<item index="3" value="FireCursed"/>
<item index="4" value="FirePurified"/>
<item index="5" value="Water"/>
<item index="6" value="WaterElectrified"/>
<item index="7" value="WaterFrozen"/>
<item index="8" value="WaterBlessed"/>
<item index="9" value="WaterElectrifiedBlessed"/>
<item index="10" value="WaterFrozenBlessed"/>
<item index="11" value="WaterCursed"/>
<item index="12" value="WaterElectrifiedCursed"/>
<item index="13" value="WaterFrozenCursed"/>
<item index="14" value="WaterPurified"/>
<item index="15" value="WaterElectrifiedPurified"/>
<item index="16" value="WaterFrozenPurified"/>
<item index="17" value="Blood"/>
<item index="18" value="BloodElectrified"/>
<item index="19" value="BloodFrozen"/>
<item index="20" value="BloodBlessed"/>
<item index="21" value="BloodElectrifiedBlessed"/>
<item index="22" value="BloodFrozenBlessed"/>
<item index="23" value="BloodCursed"/>
<item index="24" value="BloodElectrifiedCursed"/>
<item index="25" value="BloodFrozenCursed"/>
<item index="26" value="BloodPurified"/>
<item index="27" value="BloodElectrifiedPurified"/>
<item index="28" value="BloodFrozenPurified"/>
<item index="29" value="Poison"/>
<item index="30" value="PoisonBlessed"/>
<item index="31" value="PoisonCursed"/>
<item index="32" value="PoisonPurified"/>
<item index="33" value="Oil"/>
<item index="34" value="OilBlessed"/>
<item index="35" value="OilCursed"/>
<item index="36" value="OilPurified"/>
<item index="37" value="Lava"/>
<item index="38" value="Source"/>
<item index="39" value="Web"/>
<item index="40" value="WebBlessed"/>
<item index="41" value="WebCursed"/>
<item index="42" value="WebPurified"/>
<item index="43" value="Deepwater"/>
<item index="44" value="FireCloud"/>
<item index="45" value="FireCloudBlessed"/>
<item index="46" value="FireCloudCursed"/>
<item index="47" value="FireCloudPurified"/>
<item index="48" value="WaterCloud"/>
<item index="49" value="WaterCloudElectrified"/>
<item index="50" value="WaterCloudBlessed"/>
<item index="51" value="WaterCloudElectrifiedBlessed"/>
<item index="52" value="WaterCloudCursed"/>
<item index="53" value="WaterCloudElectrifiedCursed"/>
<item index="54" value="WaterCloudPurified"/>
<item index="55" value="WaterCloudElectrifiedPurified"/>
<item index="56" value="BloodCloud"/>
<item index="57" value="BloodCloudElectrified"/>
<item index="58" value="BloodCloudBlessed"/>
<item index="59" value="BloodCloudElectrifiedBlessed"/>
<item index="60" value="BloodCloudCursed"/>
<item index="61" value="BloodCloudElectrifiedCursed"/>
<item index="62" value="BloodCloudPurified"/>
<item index="63" value="BloodCloudElectrifiedPurified"/>
<item index="64" value="PoisonCloud"/>
<item index="65" value="PoisonCloudBlessed"/>
<item index="66" value="PoisonCloudCursed"/>
<item index="67" value="PoisonCloudPurified"/>
<item index="68" value="SmokeCloud"/>
<item index="69" value="SmokeCloudBlessed"/>
<item index="70" value="SmokeCloudCursed"/>
<item index="71" value="SmokeCloudPurified"/>
<item index="72" value="ExplosionCloud"/>
<item index="73" value="FrostCloud"/>
<item index="74" value="Deathfog"/>
<item index="75" value="Sentinel"/>

Those are the available surfaces ingame.

Wtf is sentinel ?

John Keel

Savant
no idea, maybe sentinel is a surface hack for the overwatch marksman skill ?

Ya I can probably test all of that, takes time tho :D

I already made a janky mod that convert all Warfare skill with deathfog, cause why the fuck not, broken mods are apparently what this communty wants ...

:0-13:

For the air thing, just tell me what you want, I'll make you one :)
But for me, I find airclouds etc.. to be too good to be available on 1 skill without having to setup a combo !

John Keel

Savant
lolwhat, what's the point ? Removing source cost would pretty much be the same no ?

And fuckin tell me what you want for your air spell

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I made what I consider a fixmod for Slowdown Arrows: http://www.filedropper.com/slowdownarrowfix-mod

It:
  • Makes Slowdown Arrows do Earth Damage. While most rangers would consider this a nerf, it's done for the sole reason that currently in the game, all damage types are represented in special arrows except Earth.
  • Makes Slowdown Arrows create a small (1m) oil surface right beneath the target. I would've liked it to be 0.5m, but fractions do not seem to be accepted.
  • The Slow effect of Slowdown Arrows pierce all armor. This was achieved by creating a new Status Entry ("SLOWEDPIERCE") that stacks with and replaces the regular one ("SLOWED"); whichever is the longest will take precedence.
Again, fair warning, this will objectively make the game easier by making Slowdown Arrows more powerful, but I think the change makes sense, and makes Slowdown Arrows worthwile, and a meaningful tactical choice in combat, and with them being created with oil (implied to be oil-filled flasks on arrows), I think it only makes sense. If the oil beneath the target proves too powerful, I'm open to criticism after testing on the subject - it was a "makes sense" decision, uncaring for balance, which might not be warranted.

As always, feel free to distribute. I'm not going to post this onto the Nexus or anything myself.

Edit: Almost forgot, I must credit LaughingLeader on the official boards for showing me how this could be achieved.

explosion cloud?
They're basically poison clouds except not poisonous. They're volatile, so they explode when ignited, but they're not poisonous. They're actually used in the game. Somewhere.

On a slightly related topic, I'm considering actually making poison non-explodeable, just to see if that would help with the whole "Everything devolves into a cursed fire hellscape" and play up other resistances than fire. Would be interesting to see what dynamics could evolve if you can have things such as poison rain that puts out fires, and actually see surfaces push eachother around. Or, I dunno, actually see poison clouds evolve naturally on the battlefield for once. I have no idea how to do this yet, but it should be doable.

I wonder how the AI would react; if they are coded to treat poison as ignitable surfaces, or if they're coded to take advantage of ignitable surfaces (and thus will change their behaviour). So far I'm pleasantly surprised by the AI:s ability to take advantage of changed circumstances. For example, enemies with Slowdown Arrows will take advantage of the mod I made, just like they will take advantage of the mod I made that makes Rain of Blood use Wet.
i think ive seen cursed blood? not sure.
Cursed electrified water? Is cursed water a thing?
There's practically cursed everything. Cursed Steam, Cursed Electrified Steam, Cursed Oil, just like there's a lot of clouds that have a questionable claim to existence: Burning/Flaming clouds, for example.

Cursed Fire that turns into Cursed Burning Clouds look baller, though. Cursed Smoke, too.

The only annoying thing is how extremely fucking prolific this becomes the longer the games continue. Voidwoken not only casts Curse on everything, but they bleed Cursed Poison, that explode into Cursed Fire, and then spread to regular fire, turning THAT fire into Cursed Fire.

The more I think about it, the more I think would be fixed by making Poison not ignitable, actually. It's a radical change, considering that flammable poison/ooze has been with us since D:OS1, but in D:OS2, with it's extreme reliance of surfaces, it's become a hindrance.

Edit: By the way, I tried the "BloodPurified" entry, and it just instantly turns into regular Blood. I believe the "purified" entries are simply what is used to turn Cursed Surfaces/Clouds back into regular Surfaces/Clouds.

Last edited:

John Keel

Savant
That's quite 'funny', I was reading some post in the Larian forum and saw your nickname, wondered if it was you ... well :D
First thing first, *imo* you should def come to the modding discord Luckmann; Larian forums are kind of aweful and all the modding genius are in #general-modding (like LaughingLeader, god blesshim this dude is priceless).

Congratz on the mod ! And ya it kinda make sense to allow for some earth ones.

Cursed surface are a fucking mess imo, wayyy too prevalent, it removes any flavor when it's being spammed h24.

@pufiried state, that would be seriously retarded with the base surface already there. Then again, im a terrible dev so who knows!

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
its not as much of a problem with cursed surface as it is with cursed fire. Fire element is way over present in dos2
The thing is, the surface mechanics - apart from blessed/cursed - works the same as it does in D:OS1. The issue is that the availability and dependence on surfaces are much higher, even though they are a lot less relevant (partially because they do a lot less damage, but also because of magic armor). The sheer amount of it increased, but the relevancy decreased, and it all becomes a huge-ass fucking mess, since most elements eventually end up as fire - and then cursed, either because someone who happens to be standing in oil, poison or fire becomes cursed, or because cursed fire, cursed poison or cursed oil makes contact with any fire.

Boom, cursed fire surfaces everywhere, which then cannot be removed with water or blood or anything else.

I genuinely think that simply removing Poison from being ignitable would improve the dynamics immensely, especially if it creates poison clouds (instead of steam) when putting out fire, but I can't figure out a way to do it.

John Keel

Savant
That's exactly it.

And I think too that restricting the skills creating surface and rarifying them, while at the same time making them relevant would greatly improve the gameplay .

As well a removing a lot a movement skill probably.

Im not sure you can edit the surfaces, the enum is kind of locked apparently, even tho there is a way to add new ones, it doesnt work, and Larian_Kevin said it's hardcoded so .....

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom