Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indivisible - platformer/RPG from Skullgirls dev

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Bit weird, since there's almost no way they're reaching them.

They'll do a slacker backer campaign. Apparently Indiegogo has a built in feature for that.

Archibald

Arcane
So campaign ended with 1.87mil. I guess its very likely that second stretch goal will be reached during slacker backer stuff.

Lucky

Arcane
They've reached their second stretch goal with post-campaign pledges, so there'll now be a fully-animated intro. Plus another Incarnate revealed.

~ Ren ~

iesrmlesutrssu6sgaqy.png

A master of his unique weapon, a poison-bladed chain scythe he calls "Fang", Ren's incongruous beauty belies his violent nature. Many rumors surround this mysterious assassin, but the facts are few. Though known to have cleaned up messes for the ruling class of the Jade Empire, mercenary work is not beneath him - if one has need of him, and can locate him, he can be bought. And of course, there is the signature forked tongue he gives to each and every victim.

Past those scant few details, little is known. Rumored to strike with the speed of a cobra and to be impervious to heat and cold, there are those who whisper of an unholy union of human and snake. Some say he waits within the shadows, biding his time until the perfect moment, while others maintain that he approaches his victims in broad daylight, unconcerned with any defenses. He is said to kill for pleasure, to kill for greed, or to kill in an attempt to sate the void inside his soul.

Despite the varied speculation, on one point the stories all agree: a bite from Ren's Fang is always fatal.

nil

Cipher
Rumored to strike with the speed of a cobra and to be impervious to heat and cold, there are those who whisper of an unholy union of human and snake. Some say he waits within the shadows, biding his time until the perfect moment, while others maintain that he approaches his victims in broad daylight, unconcerned with any defenses.

Sounds like a true predator.

Latro

Arcane
They've reached their second stretch goal with post-campaign pledges, so there'll now be a fully-animated intro. Plus another Incarnate revealed.

~ Ren ~

iesrmlesutrssu6sgaqy.png

A master of his unique weapon, a poison-bladed chain scythe he calls "Fang", Ren's incongruous beauty belies his violent nature. Many rumors surround this mysterious assassin, but the facts are few. Though known to have cleaned up messes for the ruling class of the Jade Empire, mercenary work is not beneath him - if one has need of him, and can locate him, he can be bought. And of course, there is the signature forked tongue he gives to each and every victim.

Past those scant few details, little is known. Rumored to strike with the speed of a cobra and to be impervious to heat and cold, there are those who whisper of an unholy union of human and snake. Some say he waits within the shadows, biding his time until the perfect moment, while others maintain that he approaches his victims in broad daylight, unconcerned with any defenses. He is said to kill for pleasure, to kill for greed, or to kill in an attempt to sate the void inside his soul.

Despite the varied speculation, on one point the stories all agree: a bite from Ren's Fang is always fatal.

take ibuki from Street Fighter, take away the tits and make the hair white

lazy fucking designs

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
That's actually my opinion about most of these incarnates, I don't even think they look bad, but very lazy and uninventive.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There are 3 or 4 incarnations I like. The others are fairly boring. I actually think that the main character was a solid design.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
None of the designs are very interesting, including the main character who looks like a poor man's Korra from that Avatar cartoon. It's all very phoned in. They should have gone for quality over quantity, do half a dozen great designs instead of dozens of shitty ones.

Latro

Arcane
None of the designs are very interesting, including the main character who looks like a poor man's Korra from that Avatar cartoon. It's all very phoned in. They should have gone for quality over quantity, do half a dozen great designs instead of dozens of shitty ones.
their main art guy basically does anime poster girls for a living, but since they decided to appeal to people who have issues with sex n shit, they ruined him

not a surprise the only designs anyone likes are the ones with tits/ass

Archibald

Arcane

Good amount of characters is kinda necessary for such game since its all about mixing and matching. Valkyrie Profile had around 25 characters I think, Indivisible is now around 28?

Stompa

Arcane

Good amount of characters is kinda necessary for such game since its all about mixing and matching. Valkyrie Profile had around 25 characters I think, Indivisible is now around 28?

And out of those how many are completely unappealing? I can see myself using only about half of those characters (using as in at least trying out), the rest have no redeeming qualities so far. Maybe when they're voiced\animated they'll have more of a draw, I didn't like Razmi's design at first, but in actual gameplay her attitude and cool attacks won me over. But I'm not holding my breath that, say, generic drum-toting shaman or some mook from Kingdom of Heaven with vagina will have some amazing personalities.

Archibald

Arcane
I'll be using characters that allow me to do cool/useful combos. Thats kinda whole point of this game if I'm not mistaken.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I did, it's one of my favorite demos to come from crowdfunding to be honest. The way they showcased the game was pretty damn sweet. You got a simple premise. Find that dog-thing, you're quickly taught how to play, and the training wheels come off pretty early. Battles are challenging enough that if you don't know what you're doing, you'll get your ass kicked. Learning each character's special, when to use it, how to string a decent combo for maximum damage, it was great. I'm definitely keeping a character with a decent healing special. In terms of partners: Razmi was No.1 (heals/debuffs), Tungar was No.2 (dat AoE), and Zebei was dead last. His arrows were hard to combo, with Razmi being the easiest to string.

I'm not interested in backing games anymore, but I definitely think this is worth a Day1 purchase.

...Oh wait, no, forget that. I just backed for a physical copy. I'm weak, I love boxes.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I also backed for the lowest physical tier which gives you the game on a disc and a digital code.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom