Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Infra Arcana - An H.P. Lovecraft/Horror based Roguelike

Discussion in 'Codex Workshop' started by non, Aug 6, 2011.

1. non Infra Arcana Developer

non
    I don't remember doing any algorithmic improvements, maybe tweaked some numbers. Heavy changes to map generation is something I'd rather not do at the moment ;-)

You mean the stairs are too close to your starting position on the map?

Edit: I looked at 10 or so levels now, and in all of them the stairs spawned pretty much as far away as possible. I did add a check that levels aren't generated with very few rooms recently though - because I noticed that sometimes (rarely) it could create really cramped maps with like two or three rooms. I think it can still happen, but it should be even more rare now.

^ Top  
  2. eXalted Erudite

eXalted
    Yes, it could be just a feeling though as now completing a depth is faster because now with the new changes I tend to fight less (I play rogue),

^ Top  
  3. non Infra Arcana Developer

non
    You're playing v19.1-beta.2 ?

The real v19.1 should be out this week btw - there's quite a lot of changes since the latest beta (lots of feedback).

^ Top  
  4. eXalted Erudite

eXalted
    Yes, I'm playing the latest and I dig it a lot. Is there a changelog for the upcoming version?

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Deadman Arcane Patron

Deadman
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Give non developer tag.

^ Top  
  6. eXalted Erudite

eXalted
    ^ Top  
  7. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Secret Lab of the Warrior-Magus of Esoteric RPGism
    DarkUnderlord I checked the box [title] Developer in the admin panel on non's profile, but it doesn't actually show up under his name.

What's wrong?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. non Infra Arcana Developer

non
    I can see the Developer tag under my name now at least. Thanks!

• incline incline x 5
    ^ Top  
  9. non Infra Arcana Developer

non
    There's no changelog from 19.1-beta.2 to 19.1, only a complete changelog of 19.0 to 19.1.

Git commit history would probably be the best way to check updates from the last beta to 19.1 (or possibly a diff of the changelog files at those two points).

^ Top  
  10. eXalted Erudite

eXalted
    I can see it too. Browser cache on your side, maybe?

^ Top  
  11. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Secret Lab of the Warrior-Magus of Esoteric RPGism
    Possible.

^ Top  
  12. non Infra Arcana Developer

non
    v19.1 released!

Downloads:
    https://sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/downloads

Changelog:

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. eXalted Erudite

eXalted
    Oozes have much shorter awareness duration and tend to spawn in smaller groups.

Thank you!

^ Top  
  14. DarkUnderlord Bringing that old Raptor magic.

DarkUnderlord
    Did you click "save user"? Also, we usually stick the company name in Profile Info > Custom Title.

• Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. buffalo bill Savant

buffalo bill
    Been playing this a bunch recently--still haven't won, but got down to level 16 recently and was killed by Zuul the Gatekeeper in a foolish second backstab attempt. Has anyone tried playing as a ghoul? That's the only class I've had difficulty getting anywhere with.

^ Top  
  16. Trash Player Learned

Trash Player
    Same here, but I realized the best part about the ghoul PC is bonus speed. My best run is going the fast and stealthy route.
    That -15% ranged is surely harsh.

^ Top  
  17. buffalo bill Savant

buffalo bill
    Just finally got down to what I assume is the final level (for me 20) after the level that was just a bunch of bones and rats. Was using a rogue, at level seven at that point maxed on the stealth/dexterity tree. Got to the doors guarded by a bunch of creatures that were unbeatable by me in combat and they instantly saw through my stealth, then saw through again when I clouded their minds. I tried teleporting twice, but only ended back in the middle of the labyrinth of the level both times (I assume this one is not procedurally generated?).
    What the hell am I supposed to do there? Sneaking seems impossible because of the water around the doors, even though I had the silent perk for the door. Dynamite I don't think would have worked. Luring them to another part of the map wouldn't have worked, due to the particular layout of that map. I want to beat this game, dammit!

^ Top  
  18. buffalo bill Savant

buffalo bill
    Sometimes I accidentally walk into the exploding gas spores and kill my character in a rather silly way. Could there possibly be a prompt like there is for attacking with a ranged weapon?

^ Top  
  19. Trash Player Learned

Trash Player
    Dl20 is a mandatory fight but bypassable by a descent potion. There are still 10 levels of extra nastiness after that, then capping in a fight with the invisible high priest of the cult.

^ Top  
  20. buffalo bill Savant

buffalo bill
    Ah damn, good to know! Thanks for the answer! Just gotta keep trying I guess

^ Top  
  21. Musaab Arcane

Musaab
    19.2 has been released.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • incline incline x 2
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. buffalo bill Savant

buffalo bill
    Awesome update, but I think I'm only getting xp when I get scrolls/potions from chests/etc, and not when I get them from off of the ground. Makes the game way harder. Probably a bug.

Edit: This was with a ghoul, and I just got xp from potion off of the ground with rogue. Will test more.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    ^ Top  
  23. buffalo bill Savant

buffalo bill
    Not 100% sure, but I think the problem I had was not getting xp from scrolls/potions that are dropped from an enemy if it drops to the square you are standing on.

^ Top  
  24. Matador Savant

Matador
    Nice update! Will try this afternoon. Got to the boss in 19.1, but he killed me in a tough fight where I did a lot of damage to him.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. non Infra Arcana Developer

non
    I've not seen or heard of an issue with this.

From my experience you get XP when stepping on items, when items spawn on you, when you loot chests, etc.

I tested killing a monster now, which dropped a scroll in my cell - and it gave me XP immediately:

[​IMG]

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)