Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inhuman Conditions: a game of cops and robots

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

A new social deception game by the makers of Secret Hitler. This is Blade Runner's Voight-Kampff test made into a game, and done really well.

IC is good; I've played it. It's a two-player game that lasts just over 5 minutes. It's great as a party game because it's just as amazing to watch as it is to play. Then 5 minutes later, two more people can play, or you can rematch, or go get a drink and play some more later or whatever.

I played the "print and play" version and am looking forward to getting the full production version.

The basics this is like the purest social deception game possible. Instead of trying to find the werewolf in a room full of humans, you just have one investigator and one subject sitting across from each other. The subject may or may not be an android trying to blend in. The investigator conducts an interview and tries to spot robot-like behavior. Then at the end they decide whether to shake hands and let the subject go, or imprison 'em for invasive testing.

If the subject is a robot, they must abide by certain very specific rules secretly determined at the beginning of the game, e.g. they can't describe emotions, they can't talk about humans in a friendly way, they must use alliteration twice over the 5 minutes, things like this. Humans can act however they want. In all cases, the subject is trying to convince the investigator that they're human.

It's really fun, try it, you'll like it. I liked Secret Hitler but getting 5-8 people to sit around a table for 45 minutes can be hard ... this is so quick and easy and equally fun.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom