Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Insanity of Afterfall

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So maybe I missed it but I dont see any gloating over the fate of Afterfall. The game that should have been a spiritual successor to Fallout becomes a shitty third person shooter and then a joke.

The developers are asking nicely to donate 1$ to pre-order the game, and if 10 million people in total do so, you'll get the full game. If not, all the money will go to charity and you'll just have to buy the game.

On their site is a counter of how many donated the money so far, when the action started they managed to get some 10000 in first few days, today two weeks after that the number is 17678.

Am I a bad person for being so much happy that this game will turn out such a piece of shit that even when they offer it for 1$ people dont want it.

Yesterday Man. City crushed United and then this, I havent been so happy in a long time.

Wunderpurps

Educated
Their heart was in the right place but they should have stuck with good old fashioned 2D.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
The problem is that they expected to make a Biobeth AAA multi million making title straight away and went full retard in design from the start. Should have aimed lower, going the Vogel route or more ambitiously the AoD route(with a plan to actually release a game though).

Funny thing is that they would have sold more copies and spent far less making a TB Iso 'Fallout' game (even if it ended up being half the game they promised) than they ever will with this crap.

Satan

Educated
This is one of the best examples of 'how to turn excellent idea into utter shit'.

I was extremely interested in this project, I knew it won't be another Fallout, but it had it's potential to be a good cRPG. Instead they made another boring shooter.

I won't pay even $1. I wouldn't download it even if it was free.

MCA
Ten (10) MILLION pre-orders? LOLWUT :retarded:

Also:

In 2009 NEG acquired the studio working on Afterfall. Intoxicate Studios was provided with the means and freedom to work on its project, which in the April of 2010 began taking shape and was announced to be utilizing the Unreal 3 engine under the working title of Afterfall:InSanity.

LOL. After a few years of pretending to be making a game and delivering press statements, a game engine development company (Unigine) actually took pity and granted their engine to the team for free in 2006. And by 2008, they were claiming to be close to completion on the pilot project for public demoing.

So after nearly 8 years, they finally conned someone into buying them. And to think this project once gave me hope.

Roderick

Savant
they said that's the first game in the "Afterfall Universe". supposedly were still going to do the big RPG (hopefully) i think

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Roderick said:
they said that's the first game in the "Afterfall Universe". supposedly were still going to do the big RPG (hopefully) i think

They'll be finished after this. This turd will be sold for 9.99 zlotys at kiosks all around Poland or stuck on some game mag.

Gerrard

Arcane
markec said:
So maybe I missed it but I dont see any gloating over the fate of Afterfall. The game that should have been a spiritual successor to Fallout becomes a shitty third person shooter and then a joke.

The developers are asking nicely to donate 1$ to pre-order the game, and if 10 million people in total do so, you'll get the full game. If not, all the money will go to charity and you'll just have to buy the game.

On their site is a counter of how many donated the money so far, when the action started they managed to get some 10000 in first few days, today two weeks after that the number is 17678.

Am I a bad person for being so much happy that this game will turn out such a piece of shit that even when they offer it for 1$ people dont want it.

Yesterday Man. City crushed United and then this, I havent been so happy in a long time.
10 million? Fucking serious?
So here's a translation: "We know this piece of shit is not going to sell so we at least want some money out of it. Thanks to the 17K suckers."

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
It's a brilliant idea:
- They know how many ppl are seriously interested in their work
- They will not get 10mln, so their aim is to give the money to charity anyway
- It gives them media attention and people will tell other people about it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom