Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Inside the Vault: Obsidian’s Casey Kwock

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

<p>And the next Obsidianite <a href="http://bethblog.com/index.php/2010/06/30/inside-the-vault-obsidians-casey-kwock/" target="_blank">enters the limelight</a> over at the Bethblog, Ladys &amp; Gentlemen: applause!</p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong>What&rsquo;s your job at Obsidian? </strong></p>
<p>I&rsquo;m a Quality Assurance Tester on the Fallout: New Vegas development team. My responsibilities include testing functionality, gameplay, and system performance with focus on the critical path areas. If I encounter a problem, I report it to the team and help fix the issue with the person responsible.</p>
<p>I also help Designers with scripting, area layouts and creating content in secondary locations. When you find a cave hidden at the base of a mountain far off the beaten path, it could be mine.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Quality Assurance Testers ... Obsidian has them.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/98561-bethesda-softworks-inside-the-vault-qaa-casey-kwock.html">GB</a></p>

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I would pay money to get a look at Obsidian's bug tracker. I'm sure it's full of hilarious desperate and stress induced comments from QA and developers.

AdmiralHugbunny

Educated
Xor said:
I would pay money to get a look at Obsidian's bug tracker. I'm sure it's full of hilarious desperate and stress induced comments from QA and developers.

Judging by the number of bugs in their games, I'd wager that the tracker actually contains very few entries...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Their bug tracker is probably more complex than their branching C&C design chart, and eventually it takes the latter's place.

.Sigurd

Educated
Casey.JPG

Angthoron

Arcane
Screw you guys, your necks would be well-developed too if you had to duck blows from the publisher and the rest of the team each time you mentioned a bug.

VentilatorOfDoom said:
<p>And the next Obsidianite <a href="http://bethblog.com/index.php/2010/06/30/inside-the-vault-obsidians-casey-kwock/" target="_blank">enters the limelight</a> over at the Bethblog, Ladys & Gentlemen: applause!</p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong>What’s your job at Obsidian? </strong></p>
<p>I’m a Quality Assurance Tester on the Fallout: New Vegas development team. My responsibilities include testing functionality, gameplay, and system performance with focus on the critical path areas. If I encounter a problem, I report it to the team and help fix the issue with the person responsible.</p>
<p>I also help Designers with scripting, area layouts and creating content in secondary locations. When you find a cave hidden at the base of a mountain far off the beaten path, it could be mine.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Quality Assurance Testers ... Obsidian has them.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/98561-bethesda-softworks-inside-the-vault-qaa-casey-kwock.html">GB</a></p>

:lol:

Casey Kwock. Obsidian Quality Assurance tester. Most unfortunate choice of job ever.

I'm surprised he didn't have a job title like 'Quality Assurance, Coffee, Bug-fixing and Janitorial services'.

Angthoron

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
Their bug tracker is probably more complex than their branching C&C design chart, and eventually it takes the latter's place.

Yes, but it's also on a 5-second timer mini-game, each answer defaulted to "ignore".

Malachi

Liturgist
We shouldn't be too hard on the poor guy, since gaming QA is very low on the development totem pole. It is also beneath our dignity to poke fun at someone merely because of an unfortunate name.

With that out of the way, this thread is going to be fun. My turn:

"Kwock-kwock!"
"Who's there?"
"Shit game."
"Shit game who?"
"Alpha Protocol!"
"R00fles!"

(Editing Darth Roxor's post, above.) "Kwock? Moar like kwock of shwit, amirite?"

Angthoron

Arcane
I suspect he's heard everything in school already...

He might be the only reason Obsidian games actually work!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom