Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter INSOMNIA: The Ark - dieselpunk sci-fi action-RPG set on a decaying space station

This looks insanely good. It has one of the most unique premises I've seen. It's diesel punk on a empty rusted up space station.
But why a space station?
I'm just wondering at the reason of why anyone would want to stay on a space station like this. I just want to find out

Mustawd

All I see now is Pokemon ads....

EDIT: Wait, no. Now I see Pokemon ads AND the large Insomnia ad.

When will it end???!!!

:despair:

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Damn, there's another Incline RPG? I can't keep up anymore.

Usually we have nothing for a few years and then - incline released after incline in quick succession.
Why?
I guess some misterious cyclical rhythms of the universe according to which incline is allowed to be played.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We are swimming in incline waters nowadays, sadly it's infested with bug piranhas

:negative:

Yeah. It seems that incline comes from new developers which are biting more than they can chew.

In the case of Insomnia, they are doing rookies mistakes like not-translating text or allowing bindable keys. Their second patch broke the main storyline.

In the case of Pathfinder, the rule-set complexity and the campaign were too big. Their patches are breaking more stuff than fixing.
One remark - MONO are really rookies. The devs of Kingmaker are seasoned guys.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Since you are quite aware of our Kickstarter situation you should also remember that by the time of our first Kickstarter the game was isometric and built using Ogre 3D, and the Tech Demo was the only thing available at the moment. That was 2014 meaning 4 years ago. This was the first time we had an opportunity to secure some funds and basically this is when the real development process started. Before that we were creating tons of lore, story, concepts and other preproduction things that didn't require active programming and developing.

The real game started in 2014 and by 2016 we realised we spend too much time trying to squeeze juices from a limited tools that Ogre 3D was able to provide us. This is when we decided to switch to Unreal Engine 4 since otherwise game release would be postponed even more. This switch allowed us to increase the speed and quality of work and to upgrade the look of the game in so many ways.

However this also meant we had to spend time bringing all existing assets to new engine, which required more time and resources and we had to start second Kickstarter. Which means that active work on the game in current state was started back in 2016. Which means that we didn't actually spend 8 years of active development, more like 2-4 years.

The bottom line here is that the game is released. It took us more time that we expected, but we are here. And we will fix and improve everything that requires that.

Black Angel

Arcane
I guess some misterious cyclical rhythms of the universe according to which incline is allowed to be played.
Indeed. And then... a drought littered with decline :negative: but hey, at least we still have vague idea of how many incline that will occur and when, like Colony Ship RPG, whatever VD and co and also Styg planned next and more :dealwithit:

Puteo

Learned
is there an ETA on next patch? I bought this because it will be months before pathfinder is finished, hopefully it will only be days/weeks for this.

Friday/early next week was the last eta they posted on the forums.

No changelist yet but the chest bug is something that is expected to be fixed.

tl;dr lots of fixes but not until the end of next week :mixedemotions:

Hello everyone! We are currently testing the next batch of fixes that are planned to be released by the end of next week. From now on, testing of each patch will be extended by a couple of days to ensure better quality builds are released.

Patch #3 aims to address major issues like a player’s personal locker in the Vulture’s Nest rebooting and causing items to disappear, the Antique Shop loop and many other bugs including:

Quest fixes
  • Crass (key character) can be killed during the "Provocation" quest.
  • The "Final Station" quest doesn’t activate.
  • The mission "Child’s Play" is not added to the journal after talking with a quest giver.
  • "The Masquerade Massacre" quest doesn’t progress
  • A quest item doesn’t disappear after completing "Hot Blooded" quest.
  • Game crashes during the mission "A Simple Job".
  • The Antiquarian doesn’t let the player go to the Seaside after getting all of the necessary items.
  • Gosp gets stuck in doors and can’t kill Zerden.
NPCs
  • Can’t talk to Captain Riebel in the “Bypass” location after Ditt and the player fix the generator.
  • Ridosh attacks everyone in the Square of Glory.
  • Gosp talking to the player while not being around anymore (House of Zerden).
  • Game crashes while talking to The Dowel.
  • Tanaber dialogue error.
  • Dialogue with Genaro starts unexpectedly after transferring to the Salt Wasteland location.
  • Valk causes somnic damage in the Crematorium.
Locations
  • Random encounter from "A Simple Job" mission occurs after exiting all the other locations on the global map.
  • No way to exit a few random encounter locations (Hobo With Shotgun etc.).
  • Combat is not available when entering the Technical Unit random encounter for the second time.
  • Player character gets stuck in the sectors of certain locations.
  • Player character falls under the game level while using the elevator in "Customs Authority".
  • Player character falls under the game level at the “House of Zerden”.
  • Player character gets stuck in the opening doors at “Reservation D-106”.
  • No way to enter an anomaly zone in “Reservation D-106”.
  • The light effects don’t work properly in the final location.
  • No way to exit the tube tunnel in the “Antique Shop”.
Misc
  • Game freezes connected with memory leaks and level generation.
  • Horizon Crykk item used without animation.
  • Inability to get all of the achievements.
  • Somnic dogs occasionally turn invisible after loading a game level.
  • Sounds tied to certain objects don’t change in volume depending on distance to said object.
  • Absent maps for some locations (Checkpoint B-10/2, Military base, Adaptation Block, Vulture’s Nest, Bypass, Urb Perimeter and Technical Tunnels).
  • The message regarding the forced stop for an inspection disappears during "A Simple Job" quest if the player does nothing.
Just like with the previous patch, the list is not final and is subject to change and expand further. Stay tuned for more details coming next week.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
wtf? the "free deluxe edition" stuff like art book and soundtrack are going to be removed when it updates so they say to copy them to another file so you can keep them... what the absolute fuck? at least on steam they could easily just make a new sub for their appid that would not have that shit in it but people who bought before the cutoff date could still have it

fucking russians

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
It´s updating!

:rage:

False alarm. There was an intermediary patch for "deluxe" edition but the new patch was not deployed. Probably your game was not updated.

The next patch will come next week.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
there is nothing in there about russian text instead of english?
Patch #3 preview + Deluxe Set and Community Hub updates!
MISC
Absent maps for some locations (Checkpoint B-10/2, Military base, Adaptation Block, Vulture’s Nest, Bypass, Urb Perimeter and Technical Tunnels).

Hopefully by this they mean the "missing english translation". Military Base map was the first one I noticed to be in Cyrillic.

Doesn't seem to be any mention of item tag fixes though...

The next patch will come next week.
Ugh. At the MQ progression bug too, can't talk to Riebel.

Has anyone actually completed it prior to these patches causing more hiccups?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Has anyone actually completed it prior to these patches causing more hiccups?

Some guys from Steam claims to have finished it but he played non-stop after release therefore without Patch #2.

It's kind of stupid cause Patch #2 broke the main story. We will have to wait for the next patch.

Last edited:

razvedchiki

Erudite
there is a mention of better perfomance on older systems in patch 2,is this true?cause i had some terrible stuttering freezing which forced me to drop the game for now.

krilcebre

Learned
Seeing someone compare this to Gothic 1 and 2 just made me spend some money on this. It better be true!:bounce:
I'll postpone playing it till major issues are dealt with tho.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom