Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter INSOMNIA: The Ark - dieselpunk sci-fi action-RPG set on a decaying space station

Codex Year of the Donut
russia is so based and white and redpilled

The difficulty in understanding the Russian is that we do not take cognizance of the fact that he is not a European, but an Asiatic, and therefore thinks deviously. We can no more understand a Russian than a Chinaman or a Japanese, and from what I have seen of them, I have no particular desire to understand them, except to ascertain how much lead or iron it takes to kill them. In addition to his other Asiatic characteristics, the Russian have no regard for human life and is an all out son of bitch, barbarian, and chronic drunk.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I am very well acquainted with the r*ssian problem and would like to see it solved as much as you.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Do we have an ETA on when this alleged "Patch 3" is supposed to come out? If it does actually release I should probably back up the game in case they decide to unpatch it a week later.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't give a shit about any of that stuff. What I care about is that this game has been out for about 3 weeks now and not only has nothing been fixed, but things have actually gotten worse. I'm all about supporting small studios and being patient with them, but goddamn this is starting to get ridiculous.

I WANT TO PLAY THE FUCKING GAME I BOUGHT PLEASE AND THANK YOU

This should be posted in the Pathfinder thread as well.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Neither this game nor Pathfinder will ever be fully patched and stable. They are not actual game releases, they are a psyop funded by russian jews to give you a taste of incline and then take it away to watch you squirm. And they enjoy watching you squirm. Be wary of of Encased as well.

Jinn

Arcane

Sad thing is that P:K is in MUCH better shape than this. It at least has basic UI feedback. You can't even tell how much XP you're gaining or even have accumulated in Insomnia: The Ark right now. And that is definitely more of a 6th patch concern at the rate they're going.

I will gladly take back everything I'm saying here if they somehow release an amazing "3rd" patch this week. My annoyance right now is mainly coming from the taste of potential I've had that is seemingly being squandered by an extremely unprofessional release. I know P:K will get patched up completely one day. With Insomnia, I'm starting to get genuinely worried they'll just abandon it, or make it so you can technically finish the game, but not improve on the other parts that clearly need polish as well (inventory functionality, leveling balance, UI feedback, itemization, etc.). That would be such a terrible waste, and also a terrible waste of my money.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Sad thing is that P:K is in MUCH better shape than this. It at least has basic UI feedback. You can't even tell how much XP you're gaining or even have accumulated in Insomnia: The Ark right now. And that is definitely more of a 6th patch concern at the rate they're going.

I will gladly take back everything I'm saying here if they somehow release an amazing "3rd" patch this week. My annoyance right now is mainly coming from the taste of potential I've had that is seemingly being squandered by an extremely unprofessional release. I know P:K will get patched up completely one day. With Insomnia, I'm starting to get genuinely worried they'll just abandon it, or make it so you can technically finish the game, but not improve on the other parts that clearly need polish as well (inventory functionality, leveling balance, UI feedback, itemization, etc.). That would be such a terrible waste, and also a terrible waste of my money.

I know what you are saying, but I'm not 100% sure Pathfinder will ever be fully patched either. It has sold more, so I guess that is one incentive, but there are so many damn issues. Of course I hope I'm wrong, but I got to say, it is a bit demoralizing seeing these games in such an abysmal state.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Not seeing anything in the upcoming patch notes about keybinds, remappable keys, being able to change the default keys, or modify controls to suit each player's personal preferences.

filpan

Scholar
Hopefully they release it soon. I am patiently waiting for it, I want to play Russian games, I'm tired of Western faggotry and bulshit gay/tranny games

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
Why was Elex praised but Insomnia getting trashed? They feel like games made by the same studio to me, and at least the writing and world feels a little less cliche and more to my interests. They are both buggy as all hell but codex response to Elex bugs was to label them "features" for the hardcore. Granted im only like 8 hrs in as ive been distracted by some new synths and music gear lately...but for a game that I had zero expectations for its surprisingly enjoyable.
Elex never fixed the issues of the manual being plain wrong...or stats doing nothing but gating equipment, or am I wrong and it magically was patched to glory?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Why was Elex praised but Insomnia getting trashed? They feel like games made by the same studio to me, and at least the writing and world feels a little less cliche and more to my interests. They are both buggy as all hell but codex response to Elex bugs was to label them "features" for the hardcore. Granted im only like 8 hrs in as ive been distracted by some new synths and music gear lately...but for a game that I had zero expectations for its surprisingly enjoyable.
Elex never fixed the issues of the manual being plain wrong...or stats doing nothing but gating equipment, or am I wrong and it magically was patched to glory?

As ridiculous as it sounds, elex was way more release worthy than insomnia will ever be in the next year or so.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

As ridiculous as it sounds, elex was way more release worthy than insomnia will ever be in the next year or so.

Stats only gating equipment is intended IIRC. ELEX was surprisingly bug free at release, I finished the game and all but one quest no problem. From what I gather in this thread Insonmia is in much worse shape.

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron

Stats only gating equipment is intended IIRC. ELEX was surprisingly bug free at release, I finished the game and all but one quest no problem. From what I gather in this thread Insonmia is in much worse shape.
Are you delusional? Is your adoration of Pirhanna Bytes so total? The manual and in game UI specifically says that stats increase things like damage and hit chance and they dont. So if it's working as intended then the devs are just trolling us. I ran into numerous quest breaking bugs in Elex..the hitbox issue is the worst ive ever seen - you can watch an arrow or spit attack fly several feet past you and still get "hit". The voice acting is pretty much identical, in fact Insomnias may be a little better..and Elex didnt feel like a real world in any way. But if you like that Piers Anthony bullshit of "all my favorite things regardless of making sense" then yeah youll probably like Elex.
It has at least a breath of originality and i considering the lower pedigree and budget is pretty amazing its pulled off what it did.
And they sure as shit got patching faster.
But whatev, Gothic cultists are gonna cult.

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron

ocult.oh so youre yet another asshole commenting on a game he hasnt played? Stfu youre like those guys reviewing cars amd synths that theyve never touched
:at least pirate the damn thing and have an honest opinion instead of jacking off vicariously through other codexers.

Last edited:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
played through the prologue and it is pretty good.. a little janky at times but nothing wrong with that.. could use some optimization.. the only bug I noticed was that there was no map in tunnels area, just a big yellow square labelled 'startgame'

really intriguing setting and setup though.. can't wait to play more

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom