Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter INSOMNIA: The Ark - dieselpunk sci-fi action-RPG set on a decaying space station

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Can somebody report on patch 1,6?

Is it playable now? can I starty my playthrough?

Thanks in advance!

cb.spike

Educated
I have waited long enough so I started my first walktrough today. 4 hours, 3 crashes, nothing untranslated is all I can report right now.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Every lore book I pick up playing this game is some varient of:

"Reality is mystery and fascinating - but it's largely miserable, so don't bother trying to understand anything - Dr. Zakovnya - A lifelong Refelection"

Russssssssia.

rating_lulz.gif

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
It looks like they fixed at least 2-3 critical bugs and it's possible to finish the game (again).

That being said they still have a shit tone of bugs to fix.

cb.spike

Educated
Please post more of your impressions.

After 25 hours still nothing gamebreaking. The most problems I have are with party members. Stucking everywhere, respawning in different corners of map, shooting in wall, no moving at all.

Other impressions are, charakter system is simple, some special options in conversation due to points in certain skill are nice. I got the best armor quite early so it make fights kind of easy. Durability system is annoying. Quests are mainly just about running between multiple places. Constant travel accross the whole station is becoming a chore. So it looks like that for all these elements important for RPG will we have to wait for Colony Ship to get them right. But I don´t expect it to top the lore, world building and art of Insomnia. Atmosphere of huge, real, unique, living place is great. Plus I realy enjoy all dream like and supernatural elements that will keep me playing until the end.

cb.spike

Educated
Ok, so problem with games that are full of bugs is that sometimes I don´t know if I just missed something or if I´m fucked because of bug. Sector H-27-55, quest All flesh is grass, I ended up in two tunels that are blocked by some kind of trains. Problem is that I think that one of those tunels should be clear. So is it bugged or I just missed something?

Saduj

Arcane
Ok, so problem with games that are full of bugs is that sometimes I don´t know if I just missed something or if I´m fucked because of bug. Sector H-27-55, quest All flesh is grass, I ended up in two tunels that are blocked by some kind of trains. Problem is that I think that one of those tunels should be clear. So is it bugged or I just missed something?

If this is the one where the tunnels are blocked by the large round spheres, then you are missing something.

On your way there you climb down a ladder that has drains near the bottom of it. The writing on the wall mentions something about blocking the drains. I forget what exactly but you have to do something with one of the drains and it forces open a locked door in the next room.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
too hard. i remember that the starting firearms you're given are practically made out of chewing gum and tinfoil, so their condition degrades extremely rapidly, and you aren't given much ammo. i'm gonna cross my fingers and hope they re-balanced that

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
From what i remember their lead programmer got butthurt and left,leaving a huge mess in the code. And that is very hard to fix by newcomer.
This has been in the game since release, and still not fixed:

17 Nov, 2019 https://steamcommunity.com/app/783170/discussions/0/3338785229801442140/

11 Oct, 2018: https://steamcommunity.com/app/783170/discussions/0/3276824488713659303/

(MQ is bugged with "Captain Riebel becoming unresponsive", players are unable to advance through the game after a certain point if they trigger it.)

Note to devs: Don't upset your progammers lol.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom