Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Installing KurwaEditor

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
1. Download the official Polish 2.0 patch (e.g. https://www.gram.pl/pliki_szczegoly.asp?id=321)
2. Create an empty folder, and create an empty text file called ChangeLog.txt
3. Run the patch and choose that folder as destination.
4. WorldEd.exe will appear in the folder.
5. Copy the WorldEd.Exe to you ToEE installation (ex. C:\GOG Games\Temple of Elemental Evil)
6. Start the exe - explore

I have GOG installation with Keep of the Borderlands installed. Didn't have to unpack any dat files since they were lying in the install folder unpacked.
In case this is required for your inferior installation: grab the tools here: http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/ToEE/index_circle.php

Stolen info from post by Niektory

Last edited by a moderator:

Pugmeister

Educated
Patron
Hm usually only a subset of the data is unpacked. If you know Baldurs Gate, it's like the override directory. Loose files in the data directory of ToEE work like that. They override whatever is found in the dat files.

If you need to unpack the dat files, there are several tools available for that.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Tried to setup a standalone working directory with WorldEd.exe:

1. It wants most of the .dll files coming with the game installation.
2. "modules" directory with modules - the list of directories is shown on tool start up
3. It wants the tig.dat and RT_toee4.dat files ... at least i was able to run the tool afte copying them.

What exatly is required, i could not find, because the editor started crashing on start every time i ran it after i was successful one time.

However, as can be seen from my OP, if you install/activate the Co8 mod Keep on the Borderlands (with their mod tool TFX frontend) the "modules" directory will seeemingly have everything the editor needs to start properly and you can start opening maps from the mod.

One of the original toee dat files contains a directory "module template" - i assume it contains all the directories of a valid module. So i assume, one could create such dirs and place original toee data into them, then run the tool. But have no time to tinker further.

You can extract toee dat files with http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/dl.php?s=ToEE&f=ToEE/ToEExtract.zip
1. Copy the tool exe to the directory with dat files.
2. Drag a dat file onto the exe and it will extract the dat file in the same directory.
So extracting ToEE1.dat will create a ToEE1 directory with extracted content.

Pugmeister

Educated
Patron
You should copy the contents from ToEE1 to the data directory afterwards. ToEE will only read from the modules\ToEE and data directories as far as I know.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
You should copy the contents from ToEE1 to the data directory afterwards. ToEE will only read from the modules\ToEE and data directories as far as I know.
Thats true for running the game, i guess. But the editor attempts to load any directory present in the "modules" directory as a module and will complain with "I/O error" if something is not right there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom