Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interesting Fallout 3 interview without blowjobs

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
This was posted by NMA yesterday or so, a interview with Bethesdas Pete Hines at Joergspielt.de . The interview doesnt contain anything new and most of it is rather standard, but two excerpts are quite funny.
While Hines spoutes his usual bullshit as always, the interviewer doesn't quite play along with the show all the time and asks those interesting questions:

Jörg: Why did you choose to do the game in 3D? Was is just inevitable considering you’ve done Oblivion before that?

Pete Hines: [blah blah blah immershun thru grafix, grafix thru todd]

Jörg: But what if the old Fallout fans do not like it? Won’t they look for the isometric top-down-view instead of Gears of War?

Pete Hines: There are lots of Fallout fans. I’m a Fallout fan! [I really loled for several minutes here] I am personally interested in another game set in that universe, that is true to the kind of game experience that the first two titles provided! I’m not married to the perspective, I’m not married to whether combat is turn based or real time or a sort of hybrid. If you’re someone that believes it has to be isometric and turn based, then you’ll probably be unhappy. But if you’re interested in another game in that great, rich universe, that has great texture and tone and characters, then hopefully Fallout 3 will be something which will resonate with you. At the end of the day, we can’t make a game that’s all things to all people.

Jörg: And of course you want to sell some numbers which would hardly be possible with an old school tactical game. [Would have loved to see Pete's face in this moment]

Pete Hines: Probably not. But we really felt 3D was the best thing to go for, was the best for the Fallout experience. Because I’m really in this world, I’m really doing this, instead of just looking at those characters down there.

Koby

Scholar
Pete Hines: I am personally interested in another game set in that universe, that is true to the kind of game experience that the first two titles provided!
. . .
Pete Hines: Probably not. But we really felt 3D was the best thing to go for, was the best for the Fallout experience. Because I’m really in this world, I’m really doing this, instead of just looking at those characters down there.
*sigh* Is the fundamental concept of RPG really so difficult to understand?

Section8

Cipher
I'm glad Bethesda are here to rethink outdated concepts like "Simulation" and "RPG". I'm off to go roleplay a corporate little piglet with Capitalism 2.

Black

Arcane
Koby said:
Pete Hines: I am personally interested in another game set in that universe, that is true to the kind of game experience that the first two titles provided!
. . .
*sigh* Is the fundamental concept of RPG really so difficult to understand?
If you'd like bethesda to understand what is a rpg game and what is a fuckin oblivion larp simulator then I'm afraid you're asking for too much.

Black

Arcane
Why not?
pete_hines_01.JPG

Black

Arcane
WHY DID YOU DO THAT?! 1 was enough! My poor, useless eyes! :<

Zomg

Arbiter
I think he's one of those people that opens his mouth slightly and then rests his upper teeth against his lip to smile. Why would you do this thing, sir? Why?

Texas Red

Whiner
When hes not smiling then he looks fine, but there is something wrong when he does

Archaeon

Scholar
Hines' smile inflicts a critical hit to the eyes against Archaeon, 5 mini-nukes are dropped upon his eyes thus leaving him blind.
Archaeon has died.

Black

Arcane
That's pretty hot I must say...

V
Why, thank you my dear man!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Pete likes to play Fallout with an Int 1 Character, because else he would not get what the dialogue means.

Also, his favourite character from Fallout was Torr from FO2. They have so much in common.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom