Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interface Theme

What Interface Theme do you use to Play Grimoire?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dorateen

Arcane
The option to configure the Interface Theme in Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar is a nice touch. Completely cosmetic, but can perhaps add to the atmosphere as one is engrossed in this legendary adventure.

So what theme are people using to play through Grimoire?

Sylvan seems like it might be a good fit, given the outdoor wilderness locations. But then, it is sylvan, with elf/fey connotations. I prefer the Gothic theme. It is a quality construction of stone and gems, which can make a Barrower feel right at home.

Or do some folks adjust the configuration as they play, changing the theme to match the present area being explored. Does that wander too far into LARP territory? Let's see how many participate in this survey and find out!

Iznaliu

Arbiter
The option to configure the Interface Theme in Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar is a nice touch. Completely cosmetic, but can perhaps add to the atmosphere as one is engrossed in this legendary adventure.

If this was any other game, people would talk about how it's a waste of developer time.

Tigranes

Arcane
Gothic looks best for me, but most of them look decent enough that switching across areas also sounds nice. It all has a nice, solid feel to it unlike the 'sci fi blue' that I hate.

Hrymr

Educated

If this was any other game, people would talk about how it's a waste of developer time.
I haven't seen anyone saying this about HoMM 2 (but there were only two themes - good and evil).

Anyway, voted sylvan.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
I haven't seen anyone saying this about HoMM 2 (but there were only two themes - good and evil).

That was back in the olden days, before development time was carefully drip-fed.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
He already had all these themes for years, so it makes sense to include all of them.

Would be nice if the other title screens could be included too, though I suppose that would probably take more work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom