Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Interview with Keith Lee about Duelyst Kickstarter

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Counterplay Games; Duelyst; FerrousPilot

Not content with merely interviewing Julian Gollop, Duckard/FerrousPilot collaborated with Tacticular Cancer on an interview with Keith Lee of Counterplay Games about his Kickstarter for Turn-based Tactical game, Duelyst. Let's have a look:

Since we're here talking about Duelyst, could you give a basic overview of the gameplay?

Duelyst is a tactical turn-based strategy game with a heavy focus on ranked competitive play, so it's brought to you from guys who've worked on Diablo 3, Rogue Legacy, and the Ratchet and Clank series. So, the focus of this game is squad based tactical combat on a tactical map and the idea is to have fast-paced multiplayer where victory comes from defeating your opponent's general. We love the idea of squad-based tactics, we kind of grew up on XCOM, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics, and we wanted to combine those games, those traditional games, with multiplayer and bring it into modernity with games like League of Legends and Hearthstone, and these really great matchmaking games, because I play a lot of squad-based tactical games but they're all single-player, I play through the campaign and I'm done with it. I want to actually invest my time and learn about the units and play with real people and really play some strong tactical games each time. So, at launch, which will be the end of this year, there will be five unique factions and a roster of 100+ units and battle spells.

Read the full article: Interview with Keith Lee about Duelyst Kickstarter

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom