Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Interview with Tim Cain on Project Eternity

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Project Eternity; Tim Cain

Link Dead Gaming caught up with Obsidian's Tim Cain to discuss Project Eternity (mainly). Excerpt:
LDG: If you, by yourself, had free reign and an unlimited budget, along with a team of your making from anyone in the industry, what type of game would you love to make next, some new IP that just might be “the next big thing?”

Tim: I have a lot of ideas for new game settings, that range from fantasy and sci fi games to a new twist on the post-apocalyptic genre. I even wrote a Fallout sequel design a few years ago, if by “free reign” you meant I could get that IP back. But I think if I had my choice, I’d make an RPG set in a new IP, which is a lot like what I am doing now.
LDG: I read that it is a more mature themed game. I am hoping that does not mean Dwarf on Elf action? What will the more mature theme mean for Project Eternity?

Tim: By mature, we do NOT mean sexual references or boobs or blue jokes. We mean we want to tackle more than linear stories with a black-and-white villain at the end or quests that are simple “run and fetch” deals. We want the player to think about how his actions affect the world and more than just himself, and we want to introduce scenarios that might not have a “right” answer. If we make the writer for the walkthrough portion of our strategy guide pull his hair and cry that it can’t be done, our job will be accomplished.
No dwarf on elf action? I'm... not sure if Volourn approves.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tim: We are making some improvements on some aspects of the game, such as making better UI and bigger maps, since memory and monitors have both gotten larger. We have system design improvements too, but we are making those carefully. We want this game to feel like a classic RPG, but one with the rough edges smoothed out and polished to high gleam.

:greatjob:

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
TC is awesome. I would have chosen him to lead the project rather than JS...

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
TC is awesome. I would have chosen him to lead the project rather than JS...

According to Avellone they do more or less the same things on the game. And how it sounds like everything regarding the systems is sprung out of discussions between the two.

The only difference is that Sawyer has more time spent on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom