Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter "Into the Stars" kickstarter

Perkel

Arcane
never heard so much shitty lines in one video.

Cinematic experience !
Guardians of Galaxy !

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fugitivegames/into-the-stars

What i see:

- One up-gradable ship
- teh "crew"
- resource gathering
- space zones
- boring premise

Kilingon Academy that shit.

Meanwhile game that was amazing and had kickstarter that didn't met its goal :)rage:)

Executr

Cipher
Didn't even see this thread. Just posted in the Kickstarter one.

Cautiously optimistic about this game. Devs are experienced and it seems they already have many systems in place.
I won't back it, but will watch how it'll turn out.

:Flash:

Arcane
I don't think flying into stars is a good idea.
I really had to laugh when one of the guys touted the possibility of switching between external and cockpit camera "within a keypress" as "one of the unique features of into the stars".

Perkel

Arcane
I don't think flying into stars is a good idea.
I really had to laugh when one of the guys touted the possibility of switching between external and cockpit camera "within a keypress" as "one of the unique features of into the stars".

it's like they saw Star Citizent massive crowdfunding waterfall of money and they thought " Hey i also want to have that money lets do space game !"
And then they realized they never created one and what they know only are some shooters for bros.

Morkar Left

Not sure if this could become good. Reminds of Protostar and some 2 other older games I can't remember the names. At first I thought this could be some Starflight fun, but it ain't. Only one solar system to explore?

APGunner

Augur
Challenging volley-based Combat: Sometimes trade discussions break down and often the other party is out for nothing but blood. That's why your ship is equipped with a number of weapon systems that can speak for the human race in a language everyone can understand. Choose your target points and battle stations wisely to survive numerous alien encounters.

I don't get it... Can we actually move the ship during battles? Or is combat a mini-game where you have to balance ship's systems and weapon's targets?

d591ce79c1f9cb0b83d6645df265c6f8_large.jpg

Game looks good, but I won't pledge the minimum $15.

:Flash:

Arcane
I don't get it... Can we actually move the ship during battles? Or is combat a mini-game where you have to balance ship's systems and weapon's targets?
Combat is a minigame where you play Blobby Volley against the other ship's captain.

Turjan

Arcane
Game looks good, but I won't pledge the minimum $15.
All gone anyway.

I guess I'll just wait and see. I don't quite see what the "game" actually is here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom