Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Invalid Retardo

I want a valid reason for why this thread here http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/what-kind-of-fag-are-you.70377/ was moved to retardo land (right as I was about to post in it)

There are three valid explanations.

Idiot who moved it didn't read the thread before doing so (if you didn't read it before doing so, you deserve to be called an idiot)
The person has no sense of humour.
The person made a mistake (the only valid reason in this situation)

That was actually quite a valid and potentially interesting thread and there is no reason for retardoing it so how about the person responsible give an explanation so people don't have to seethe in undirected rage at the incompetence

Ok, Zed, it was you. I thought you were better than that. You really had no valid reason for doing it. The discussion was progressing just fine in an upward direction from the first post.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
You could make a new thread on the same subject, with better grounds for discussion (and maybe a better poll as well) and I won't touch it. You're right about the thread slightly inclining towards the end, maybe I should have given it some more time.

Obviously you can't expect someone to search the forums for every topic they would like to discuss, but in this case it was a pretty common subject. The thread was crafted very poorly. In fact, I don't see how it could be much worse. Maybe if the OP contained a series of img memes.
The potential discussion on the subject is interesting, and while I didn't really find many precise matches when searching ( the most accurate being http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-fundamental-aspect-of-an-rpg-is.36804/ ) it is a subject that is very often touched upon. That, in combination with how shitty the thread was besides a very few posts, called for a retardo.

My apologies for blocking your attempt at posting in the thread.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The OP has to be much better than that for a new thread to be justified imho. We really rehash the same things over and over too often... It'd be good to have a thread with not just a poll, but a good presentation of all the options as well. In short, there should be actual effort put into it on the part of whoever creates it.

I didn't really find many precise matches when searching

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/what-kind-of-fag-are-you-the-definitive-poll.58975/

Your explanation/apology accepted Zed, although this policy is not conducive to good discussion. I think it applies well to a topic without responses, but a topic cannot be measured by its OP once the discussion has begun already. Maybe a PM to ask for an edited-in elaboration in the OP would work better (on threat of future deletions)

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Suggestion for improvement duly noted.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Valid Retardo. Now STFU.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom