Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Invisible Inc.

PeachPlumage

Cipher
Well, my review of Invisiburu is: Klei is essentially the new Looking Glass and everyone should get all of their shit at the double.

In fact, someone can put this on the frontpage as my official review of their entire catalogue.

Interesting, just wondering if you can elucidate with your conclusion that Klei is the new Looking Glass?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
He is probably just saying, that they are really fucking good at what they do.

That + their catalogue is ridiculously varied (I mean come on, two beat-em-ups, a side scrolling stealth game, TBS squad tactics and a survival 'roguelite') + they have lots of terrific and innovative ideas that make you wonder how the fuck nobody thought of using them before.

PeachPlumage

Cipher
That + their catalogue is ridiculously varied (I mean come on, two beat-em-ups, a side scrolling stealth game, TBS squad tactics and a survival 'roguelite') + they have lots of terrific and innovative ideas that make you wonder how the fuck nobody thought of using them before.

Thanks for the reply, Darth Roxor :salute:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Checked out Wikipedia entry for Looking Glass.
They really did *more* than just Ultima Underworlds, System Shocks, Thief series and Terra Nova.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
aaaaaaaaaand a gamebreaking fatal error on mapload has just killed my day 7 endless playthrough

borealesad.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Klei is definitely one of the better indie/small developers out there today.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Thank gawd, the game unclogged itself and I can continue muh playthrough.

Current agent list is Draco, Banks and Internationale (liberated), all with max stats.

I enter a new level - WARNING, DAEMON INSTALLED! +10 alarm from the get-go

:shredder:

and then I check a room to see 4 guards (out of 5 in the level) all standing in the middle of it

say hello to muh shock trap III :smug:

Archibald

Arcane
Not really about Invisible since I already own it, but considering the praise that Klei got here, which their game should I get next? Mark of the Ninja or Don't Starve?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Not really about Invisible since I already own it, but considering the praise that Klei got here, which their game should I get next? Mark of the Ninja or Don't Starve?
Depends, do you prefer 2d stealth or 2d survival?

Probably Ninja though.

Lucky

Arcane
Playing some more of this gem. It's the Shadowrun game that the HBS trilogy should have been.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I've yet to play the vampire wannabe, can you drill out his aug once you're done with the stats like this, or is there a point to keeping it around?

Didn't notice this before - nope, once you go max it becomes deadweight. In fact, it's kind of bullshit because when that happens you can't even use it to gain the temporary boosts from brian scans on KO'd dudes.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
I've yet to play the vampire wannabe, can you drill out his aug once you're done with the stats like this, or is there a point to keeping it around?

Didn't notice this before - nope, once you go max it becomes deadweight. In fact, it's kind of bullshit because when that happens you can't even use it to gain the temporary boosts from brian scans on KO'd dudes.

On the Klei forums they said it was a bug and also that Draco needs a little change.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Klei is definitely a great dev the "problem" is the aforementioned diversity of their catalogue. Because every game is so different for me it's hit and miss. MotN is just not my thing at all, Don't Starve is my no. 1 game of the past 10 years, no joking. Absolutely brilliant in every single aspect.

I still haven't got around to give Invisible a go, shamefuly, so I'll see. I watched a playthrough on YT and I sortta liked it, in the end. But I absolutely loved DS from the very first second of the first Let's Play I saw back in the day.

spekkio

Arcane
Just playin' Invisible nao and it's total blast - a sexy mutant-daughter of X-com and Desu Ex.

:5/5: GOTY.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
It seems there's little reason to play after day 20. The security ratings for levels no longer go up after that and nothing seems to change across all levels. Meanwhile, I am able to go berserk with the flurry gun and kill three guards in one turn at the start of the level and then breeze through the rest knocking out the remaining 2-3, busting the few camera drones present with EMP and not even stopping for regular cameras because handcannon takes care of those (and every level has a nanofab so no problem about charge packs).

meh :rpgcodex:

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
It seems there's little reason to play after day 20. The security ratings for levels no longer go up after that and nothing seems to change across all levels. Meanwhile, I am able to go berserk with the flurry gun and kill three guards in one turn at the start of the level and then breeze through the rest knocking out the remaining 2-3, busting the few camera drones present with EMP and not even stopping for regular cameras because handcannon takes care of those (and every level has a nanofab so no problem about charge packs).

meh :rpgcodex:

Game was sort of design around the 72 hour limit as in you shouldn't be able to max everything by the end, once you get reliable killing methods and are somewhat upgraded it becomes clockwork easy. Still it is nice they gave the customization and endless mode to see how the game feels out if its intended bounds.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Finished the DLC on Experienced yesterday, gotta say that it fucks up the balancing to a degree. The missions have additional elements that make them a bit more varied but all in all, if you know what you are doing, you end up with a truckload more money, can upgrade your guys like crazy and get whatever equipment you'd like. Even if you lose an agent, chances are you can rescue him later since you have much more time and many more mission types to choose from, according to your needs.

So the DLC is definitely fun for more experienced players to get some variety into that game but for noobs I'd say they should stick to the base game for the first few playthroughs. The experience is quite different.

Also, but thats just me, I liked that Inv is a good game for a quick playthrough, but the additional play time by the DLC is a bit counterproductive for that.

Mozg

Arcane
Klei is definitely a great dev the "problem" is the aforementioned diversity of their catalogue. Because every game is so different for me it's hit and miss. MotN is just not my thing at all, Don't Starve is my no. 1 game of the past 10 years, no joking. Absolutely brilliant in every single aspect.

I still haven't got around to give Invisible a go, shamefuly, so I'll see. I watched a playthrough on YT and I sortta liked it, in the end. But I absolutely loved DS from the very first second of the first Let's Play I saw back in the day.

Help me like Don't Starve. I've played a few days and I don't see what to bother with besides a lot of extremely clicky busywork. It seems like you hit the boring no-threat holding pattern stage of a survival game like Unreal World or Neo-scavenger within like a game-day in DS. Does new stuff start happening or something?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Help me like Don't Starve. I've played a few days and I don't see what to bother with besides a lot of extremely clicky busywork. It seems like you hit the boring no-threat holding pattern stage of a survival game like Unreal World or Neo-scavenger within like a game-day in DS. Does new stuff start happening or something?

U trolling bro?

In case you are just a very short answer - get Reign of Giants and try to survive the first winter. Then come back and I'll explain why you died. But not here, there's a thread for DS on Codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom