Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Invisible Inc.

ColCol

Arcane
New Update

There is a bunch of stuff in this update. Where should we begin..

Let's start with the Rewind feature. We really like the tension Invisible, Inc. can create. Even though it's turn based, lots of people have expressed feeling pressured for time. We really want to keep that, it's one of my favorite aspects of the game. At the same time, many matches have been spoiled for people because of its low tolerance for even small mistakes. Our answer to this is a rewind button that works like a limited save and reload. You can use it once per mission and it takes you back to the start of your previous turn. We feel this will allow you to repair those occasional missed clicks without completely removing the tension of the game.

We also know there are lots of you who like how difficult and unforgiving the game can be. For you there is the IRONMAN mode which disables the Rewind feature entirely. The name IRONMAN feels more "military" than "secret agency", so it might not be the final term we use. We are thinking of a good alternate.

Next up are the alternate agent load-outs. You can find them by clicking the ARCHIVE button (once you've unlocked them) on the newly designed Team Select screen. These are the lives of the agents leading up to the current events. We hope they will again offer varied play styles and a peek into the larger world of Invisible, Inc.

The Augments have been split from Inventory. Another example of how your feedback is shaping the game for the better. Augments now have slots of their own giving inventory some breathing space. Augment slots are increased by visiting the Cybernetics labs. Now, if you don't want the augments offered there, you can still upgrade your agent in preparation for later.

There is a notable change to guard behavior. When guards search interest points, they will now peek around adjacent corners. If they find an agent hiding somewhere, they will get a new interest to investigate. This makes guards smarter and harder to elude, but you will have a chance to react if you need to.

The last item I will touch on is the new Support Guard unit. These guys are packed full of flash grenades and love using them. Waiting around the corner of a door can be a risky move here. But they are a great source for flash grenades themselves. Flash and smoke grenades are like ammo and med gels in that they are consumed when used.

After that, there are a couple of other things (such as International's scanning ability moved to an item and became a passive effect) and the usual batch of bug fixes. Check the bullets list for the rest of the changes and new stuff. We look forward to what you have to say about it all.

Patch Notes

Build 116318

New Features
* New alternate "ARCHIVE" agent starting loadouts. Deckard and International.
* Rewind feature added. Works as a limited save and reload.
* IRONMAN mode, play without the rewind feature.
* New enemy type: Support Guards
* New grenade items: Smoke and flash grenades.
* New gadget, go find it.
* Tutorial has a "guard blind spot" feature spotlight.
* When guards are on overwatch, tiles that will hide your agents will be shown as purple colored zones.
* better door visibility in mainframe mode
* some sounds updated.

Balance Changes
* International's scanning ability becomes an item and now works passively.
* Emergency Drip now works when your PWR is less than 3. Boosts it up to 3 PWR.
* Opening doors and peeking will not cancel Melee Overwatch.
* Augments and inventory are now two separate groups.
* Agents now get new Augment slots using the Cybernetics lab.
* Guards peek around corners at interest points.

Bug Fixes
* Fix cloak visual effect being removed only after being overwatch-shot while walking
* Null drone is not impassable
* Save window position in settings for Windows
* Fix a room-generation problem with vault levels
* Fix Interrogation target not being KO'd for 6 rounds.
* Fix the Final Mission dialog not appearing.
* Peeking should reveal bodies hidden behind cover.
* Fix an inaccessible safe with one of the security prefabs.
* The ShopCat store now has tooltips for player programs.
* Corpses are no longer selectable.
* You can toggle run while dragging.
* Sankaku missions now always have at least 1 guard, for passcard assignment.
* Fix some tooltip spacing.
* Tooltip on Passcard
* Stim III name fixed

Hot Fixes

Build 116370
* Added wireless_range to internationale's old augment
* Fixed guards trying to use missing hide animations
* Replayed mission dialogue should be suppressed when rewinding or continuing an old save game
* Fixed a problem with calculating units in vision that caused some strange behaviour
* Fixed incorrect apostrophes in some strings
* Fixed potential crash when assigning a missing difficulty
* Fixed a crash that would occur when picking up a stickycam
* You can no longer install an augment if there are no available slots

Multi-headed Cow

The updates have kinda been slower than I'd like. Since it's Klei I'm pretty confident they'll keep plugging away at it but I like the game well enough that I wish they were working faster since I don't want to pull another Don't Starve and burn myself out before 90% of the content is in.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The updates have kinda been slower than I'd like. Since it's Klei I'm pretty confident they'll keep plugging away at it but I like the game well enough that I wish they were working faster since I don't want to pull another Don't Starve and burn myself out before 90% of the content is in.

Don't Starve EA was shit. Don't Starve complete with the addon is fantastic.

Lesson? Never do EA.

EVER.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This game has actually been fun to watch how it is evolving.

tsiforb

Learned
Patron
Apparently it's coming out relatively soon
Klei said:
First, we’re going to be launching sometime in May. It’s not completely nailed down yet, but we’ll be announcing it once we’ve worked it out with all the involved parties. This marks about a 9 month Early-Access cycle...

Anyone play this recently? Is it ready?

Hellraiser

Arcane
Apparently it's coming out relatively soon
Klei said:
First, we’re going to be launching sometime in May. It’s not completely nailed down yet, but we’ll be announcing it once we’ve worked it out with all the involved parties. This marks about a 9 month Early-Access cycle...

Anyone play this recently? Is it ready?

The last update was back in January (before which builds were released on an about 2 week basis, pretty frequently anyway), supposedly we'll get one or more before launch to help iron out the game. Once we get a "beta" update I can judge if it is ready.

My main impression so far is that it needed content. More augs, more gadgets, more enemies, new obstacles, mission types and new agents. And some balancing tweaks. The core and framework is solid, very solid. Pretty good guard AI, solid stealth mechanics, lots of different tactical options.

Personally one thing I wanted to see was a bit less travel time between mission sites, so you can do more missions in the three days of standard story mode. If you got really unlucky you would end up with 9 plus the final mission (which is a placeholder in the current build).

spectre

Arcane
You can have good fun with the most recent update. The basics look solid, and there's great potential for making challenge games depending on your choice of initial setup.
Currently there are 2 game modes, Story Mode seems to be the main "campaign", but it's not really finished yet. Endless Mode allows you to play until you decide that you "won".
It could use more content, especially more mission types for the endless mode would be nice, but I managed to clock 80 hours on what's already there before I decided to wait for the final release.

Seems that the final update will be an improvement all over the board and I am really looking forward to it.

Multi-headed Cow

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/52670-development-update-april-6-2015/

Hello folks!

It's now been 2.5 months since our last game update. At a high level, we’ve worked hard to utilize Early Access to realize the vision of Invisible, Inc. With your help, we’ve been able to determine how the core mechanics of the game interacts with players, patch systemic flaws, and expand the parts that are really working. After a few months of tuning, it was clear the core mechanics were working as intended, and what the game really needed was a whole lot of polish.

We’re now closing in on launch date. We have a few loose ends to figure out before we nail down the exact date, but there are some things that we’re pretty sure about:

First, we’re going to be launching sometime in May. It’s not completely nailed down yet, but we’ll be announcing it once we’ve worked it out with all the involved parties. This marks about a 9 month Early-Access cycle and, as always, we’ve been pretty adamant to make sure the game is in a solid, playable state the entire way through. We want our launch update to go out with a bang, and we’ve been working tirelessly toward that.

Second, once we announce the launch date, we’ll be turning off Early-Access sales. We want to make sure that as we start talking about this in as many places as possible, new players have the best experience possible, rather than play the interim build. We’ve done a ton of work on helping new players ramp up -- once again, thanks for giving us the feedback to make this happen.

As always, Early Access players will continue to have access to the current development build, and you’ll get the full game at launch.

So, what have we been working on? Here are but a few things, in a deliberately vague list:
  • Fully realized story and world, with 2 fully-animated cinematics.
  • All new voice over (over 1000 lines).
  • A massive balance pass on all the items and programs, and a few new items, augments and programs to round off the suite.
  • The Final Mission (dun dun dun).
  • 3 new starting programs which vastly change your playstyle.
  • 4 new agents, and a balance pass on existing agents, each with their own special augments and items.
  • A daemonic new enemy, in the new Plastech corporation.
  • World generation and gameplay options screen, where you can set the game up as you see fit.
  • Expert Plus mode -- for those who want the ultimate Invisible, Inc. challenge.
  • A revamped Endless mode with increasing difficulty as the days progress, up to difficulty 10 missions.
  • New music for every corporation, final mission, and more.
  • A giant upgrade to the UI, sound, FX and visuals.

We're uh… basically polishing everything in the game, so there’s a lot here we haven’t covered.

So here we are, about a 6-8 weeks from launch. This is Klei’s 9th game in 10 years, and it’s a real pleasure to keep making these games with you folks. Thank you once again for your patience, feedback, and support over the years. It’s greatly appreciated.

Greatest game coming soon. May's turning out to be a busy month for good shit. Serpent in the Staglands, Witcha 3, Darkest Dungeon content patch, Invisible Inc.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
:bounce:

Haven't played this since december. It was good but I didn't want to burn myself out before 1.0 was released. Glad I waited, because the list of changes looks solid.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
:bounce:

Haven't played this since december. It was good but I didn't want to burn myself out before 1.0 was released. Glad I waited, because the list of changes looks solid.

If my experience with Don't Starve is anything to go by, Klei is extremelly good at listening to the feedback during EA. Plus after the launch they keep supporting the game and adding huge content updates every few months that in other games would be full on 14,99 expanions. Afaic, they're currently one of the best indie devs around.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I never got around to playing Don't Starve (not a huge survival fan), but I had good fun with Mark of the Ninja. Klei seem to be masters of makign games that are polished and good fun so long as you don't expec tthem to last more than a few hours.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Never played Mark but Don't Starve can definitely rob you of hundreds of hours, in the best case. And I haven't even done the challenge modes which are simply brutal. That's why I'm so pumped up about Invisible. If it's as content-fat and challenging as Don't Starve I predict a solid further growth of my sleep deficit.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
According to Steam, Invisible Inc ate 57 hours of mine in early access (I played it around november 2014). There were some issues but most seem to have been at least partly addressed. I have not given it a try since then (waiting for the release version). I don't know how the final game will turn, but at least, the EA was fun and functionnal.

spectre

Arcane
^^Indeed, I'll say as early access goes, this was really really fun.

Release trailer if you're into that sort of thing.

Elthosian

Arcane
As thanks for your support; beginning this Thursday May, 7th, All Invisible, Inc. players will be given access to play the final release version of Invisible, Inc. before it's official release on May 12th.

With this new release, you will now get to experience all the new things we have been working on since our last Early-Access build, Including:
  • Fully realized story and world including 2 fully-animated cinematics.
  • Over 1000 new lines of newly recorded voice over.
  • A massive balance pass on all the items and programs, and a few new items, augments and programs to round off the suite.
  • A new story based Final Mission.
  • 3 new starting programs which vastly change your playstyle.
  • 4 new agents, and a balance pass on existing agents, each with their own special augments and items.
  • A daemonic new enemy, in the new Plastech corporation.
  • World generation and gameplay options screen, where you can set the game up as you see fit.
  • Expert Plus mode -- for those who want the ultimate Invisible, Inc. challenge.
  • A revamped Endless mode with increasing difficulty as the days progress, up to difficulty 10 missions.
  • New music for every corporation, final mission, and more.
  • A giant upgrade to the UI, sound, FX and visuals.

We will be flipping the switch right after our Rhymes with Play Devcast[twitch.tv] at 3:30 PDT where we will be showing off the release version of Invisible Inc.!

Once again, a huge Thank You to everybody who joined us all the way from alpha, through early-access and soon to be release. We couldn't have done it without you.

We're almost there!

:brodex:

Can't wait to try the final version after leaving the game alone for months.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
KSP, Battlebros, Underrail, Besiege, Invisible Inc, Darkest Dungeon... 2015 is truly the year of the :incline:

spectre

Arcane
It appears that early access guys will get the final build a bit earlier than everyone else (ie. around thursday).
:love:Klei. I will report when I get my hands on it.

Elthosian

Arcane
Yeah, I guess reviewers will get access tomorrow too if they haven't already but it's still an excellent gesture from Klei when compared to the inmense majority of EAs and Kickstarters.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can't wait to give it a shot. Now if I had a way to mod in character creation...

Elthosian

Arcane
I would be happy if all characters (or at least 4) were unlocked from the beginning, I understand it's part of Klei's tradition but after playing EA it's just such a bore to be forced to play with the two characters I've played 10-20 hours already :/

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I would be happy if all characters (or at least 4) were unlocked from the beginning, I understand it's part of Klei's tradition but after playing EA it's just such a bore to be forced to play with the two characters I've played 10-20 hours already :/
Are they resetting saves?

Because they haven't for any previous updates.

Elthosian

Arcane
My original savegames have been lost in oblivion since I had to get a new laptop so... yeah.

I don't really know if they're going to reset them this time though.

DakaSha

Arcane
Been waiting to play this. Got into EA but decided to not ruin it. Tomorrow gonna be real good (hopefully)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom