Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland inXile Backer Retention Poll

How many of inXile's crowdfunding campaigns did you back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

norolim

Arcane
Let's see what effect Kickstarter fatigue, backer experiences, inXile's extremely long development cycle, their recent behaviour and other factors have on Wasteland 3 figstarter.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Name and shame:

h2slev9.png

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Enjoyed WL2 immensly. Torment is looking to be good. Not too many reason to doubt about BT4 at this moment. I think I don't have any reason to not back WL3.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I can't change my vote but I actually forgot I backed Bards Tale , I actually backed 2 InXile games and already backed WL3.
Damn Bards Tale I keep forgetting it :M

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
I thought WL2 was ok, but I'm not particularly interested in all the changes they're making and not particularly desperate for more games to play.
Will maybe pick it up once it's released. Same conclusion I reached for Psychonauts 2, so might just be some general kickstarter fatigue in the mix.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Name and shame:

h2slev9.png
To my defense(?), I have not played Wasteland 2 yet (or nu-Torment, for that matter).
How is that a defense??? You've overpaid in advance and not played the game. What's the logical conclusion? Buy the next one!
Heh, I did the same with Divinity: Original Sin. Although at least I played that game until the end of the first map (and am playing it now again in co-op with my wife).

But yeah, while I pledged around $100 for D:OS and WL2 to get physical copies, I only backed sequels at the lowest digital tier. My expectations are not as high as they were during the KS craze of 2012 and 2013.

I guess I could have spent the money on booze and hookers, but I do not drink and am happily married. I also already own all Codex darlings from recent years (Underrail, Stasis, Xulima, etc.), so I will happily gamble $20 on getting a good isometric RPG, even if there is only 10% chance the gamble will pay off.

Fry

Arcane
I'm not backing WL3, but I'm not backing anything anymore. The whole process of crowd funding does nothing but annoy me at this point.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I guess I could have spent the money on booze and hookers, but I do not drink and am happily married. I also already own all Codex darlings from recent years (Underrail, Stasis, Xulima, etc.), so I will happily gamble $20 on getting a good isometric RPG, even if there is only 10% chance the gamble will pay off.
What happened to not preordering video games?

Also, drink some fucking beer. So much good local stuff in Potato.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
What happened to not preordering video games?
Good point. Although backing is not the same as preordering, it might as well be with a project like WL3 which is 100% guaranteed to succeed. I usually only back campaigns which might actually fail, and which will not see the light of day without a crowd-funding campaign (like Blood of November recently). This does not apply to Wasteland 3, so I guess I can cancel my pledge when the campaign reaches its funding goal. I will need to think about it. Thanks for forcing me to use my brain.

Also, drink some fucking beer. So much good local stuff in Potato.
Nah.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Good point. Although backing is not the same as preordering, it might as well be with a project like WL3 which is 100% guaranteed to succeed. I usually only back campaigns which might actually fail, and which will not see the light of day without a crowd-funding campaign (like Blood of November recently). This does not apply to Wasteland 3, so I guess I can cancel my pledge when the campaign reaches its funding goal. I will need to think about it. Thanks for forcing me to use my brain.
Honestly, it's mostly the introduction of publishers from the get-go that makes me view this campaign as just a money grab for a game that can very well come out in next decade. But we can't forget that Wasteland 2 was actually successful and funds from it's sales should drive the development of further titles. Making the consumers take the risk always is not cool IMHO.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom