Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

inXile General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'inXile Entertainment' started by Infinitron, May 26, 2015.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/10/02/uncovering-the-fallout-series-true-origins

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  2. rohand Savant

rohand
    The stage is set, the green flag drops!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Keldryn Arcane

Keldryn
    Let the carnage begin!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Anthedon Arcane Patron

Anthedon
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  5. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    wat!

http://gov.louisiana.gov/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&articleID=5146

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
  7. Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    Remember when you said inXile was the mainstream developer least likely to abandon the hardcore market. Looks like Fargo hasn't changed much.

^ Top  
  8. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Two locations is still less than Larian's four!

It is funny though because Brother None used to laugh at large and expanding companies and brag about how inXile wasn't interested in that. He has been kind of silent for the past couple of months, though...

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  9. Anthedon Arcane Patron

Anthedon
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    California is turning into a desert. So let's move to a city that's one hurricane away from vanishing into the Gulf.

We don't know what the new studio will be working on so far, right?

^ Top  
  10. Athelas Arcane

Athelas
    Maybe he's busy renovating his new summer home in New Orleans.

^ Top  
  11. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    I can go there personally and help them fix Bard's Tale 4. Oak Street is an interesting location. Sort of the 'college hang out' area as it's near Tulane University. I'm surprised they have this kind of money to open a branch office of 50+ people.

He said the people from the Governor's office approached him in July so this was a pretty quick time-span to make a major decision.

^ Top  
  12. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Seems likely that they'll assist with Bard's Tale IV (maybe inXile want cheaper level artists for their super duper graphical level they're aiming for), but we'll see.

^ Top  
  13. Bubbles I'm forever blowing

Self-Ejected
    A match made in heaven.

^ Top  
  14. Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    I think it's delightfully hilarious how he hasn't checked in at the Codex since September, but was posting at Something Awful, like, earlier today.

Fargo saw all those goon dollars Obsidian made. I look forward to the Codex getting cucked by inXile as well.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    New Orleans is, in general, a cheaper area to live than California. He can pay people around 10-20k less. And, let's face it, in today's internet world of fast data transfer, teleconferences, etc. you don't need people to physically work in the same location.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Bubbles I'm forever blowing

Self-Ejected
    Hm, his final post was to celebrate the first anniversary of WL2. Maybe he was paid to post on these forums for exactly one year post-release?

^ Top  
  17. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    It's not exactly a secret that BN and especially sea were becoming increasingly exasperated with the tone of this forum.

Funnily enough, inXile's senior designers still happily lurk and post here on a regular basis.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  18. Athelas Arcane

Athelas
    That might have something do with the fact that Codexers probably don't know them by name and therefore can't directly insult them. :M

^ Top  
  19. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    I will happily be the New Orleans office ambassador to the Codex...

...for $100,000/year plus benefits.

^ Top  
  20. Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    Senior, he's talking about Colin, Adam, and Kevin. :)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Bubbles I'm forever blowing

Self-Ejected
    All my knowledge about N'awlins comes from watching Treme, but I'm pretty sure you can live like a king there for half that much (as long as you don't declare it).

^ Top  
  22. Athelas Arcane

Athelas
    Ah, I thought he was talking about the WL2 devs for some reason (which may lurk here but don't post?).

^ Top  
  23. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Well I live there now but I dunno how keen I'd be on switching career tracks for a $25k/year entry level job... considering I know dick about game design/programming.

^ Top  
  24. Bubbles I'm forever blowing

Self-Ejected
    You could be our new Brother None, conducting chirpy Gamescom interviews with Roxor, arguing with Jasede about the lack of beast races in BT4, and posting special promotions in the beg thread. Can't put a price tag on that.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Had I known I would have attended today's press conference.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)