Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

inXile General Discussion Thread

Diggfinger

Arcane
Chad Moore recent post on Linked.
I.e. the game him and Anderson is working on is indeed a new game, and not anything concurrent.

Chad Moore
• 1st

Creative Director/Game Director
14h • Edited

• InXile Entertainment is looking for a talented Lead Designer to help shape the design and creative vision for the studio's next great RPG. Are you ready to join and help build a passionate team that is focused on developing unique worlds, compelling stories and engaging gameplay? Come and join us!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

It would be funny if four of them are inXile games. (Wasteland 3, Wasteland 1 remaster, Wasteland: Frostpoint, Bard's Tale 4 console version)

Bohr

Arcane
Stalin_Brando you gotta tell him this avatar is taken bro, this is confusing

EC5I775L_o.png

Bohr

Arcane
Derek Smart too... 'Indie and proud' corporate life is awesome

Curratum

But why doesn't it include Choplifter HD? It's also on Steam! :D

Or is Inxile trying to put on a the facade of a prestigious RPG-only company? :D

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
About time:

Top Sellers

Oh, I was surprised that The Bard's Tale Trilogy is above ToN, but apparently this is sort of "current top selling" thing (looking at other publisher pages).

But why doesn't it include Choplifter HD? It's also on Steam! :D

Or is Inxile trying to put on a the facade of a prestigious RPG-only company? :D

Notice: At the request of the publisher, Choplifter HD is unlisted on the Steam store and will not appear in search

Publisher: inXile Entertainment

Heh, it's removed from sale from February this year. This is probably a good IP MS to make use of as part of casual game line-up. IIRC inXile also has other casual game IPs they bought in 2000s, like Line Rider. This was a good purchase then, MS!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Brian Fargo wrote the foreword for a book about the Fallout series by some French gamejourno:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
"inXile, you too?" #3 -

Sounds like Chad and Jason's "next gen RPG" is action RPG: "Guide the technical development of a next generation, multi-platform, single-player RPG with action elements."

From another job posting for Lead Software Engineer: https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/lead-software-engineer-2

Lead Software Engineer

inXile entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Lead Software Engineer to join our team on an exciting unannounced RPG project. Working with the Game Director and other project leaders, the Lead Software Engineer is responsible for creating the technical roadmap that will bring the game’s vision to life. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in developing multi-platform next-gen role-playing games, while providing technical mentorship and guidance for a team of engineers. Does this sound like you? Come and join us!

Responsibilities:
  • Guide the technical development of a next generation, multi-platform, single-player RPG with action elements.
  • Manage, evaluate and mentor a diverse team of engineers.
  • Collaborate with designers, producers, artists, and the sound team to realize and surpass the stated vision of the game.
  • Own the architectural vision and quality level of the shipping client and server.
  • Ensure and establish coding standards and maintain efficient coding practices.
  • Understand and articulate the trade-offs between technical & design choices, in order to collaborate with other departments when implementing game features.
  • Work with production staff and other leads to create schedules and review processes for the engineering team.
Requirements:
  • Minimum of 5 years professional experience in programming software.
  • Previous leadership and management experience
  • Strong engineering skills and a demonstrated ability to architect a codebase from the ground up
  • Extensive familiarity with Unreal Engine 4.
  • Strong, proven C++ and C# skills.
  • Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers.
Pluses:
  • Previous experience supporting and shipping AAA game titles.
  • Familiarity and experience with creating RPGs
  • Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree.
To apply, please email jobs@inxile.net

Also their new Studio Tech Director is Vassilios Mavros, formerly worked at Obsidian's tech group during the days of Dungeon Siege 3 and Alpha Protocol: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vassilios-mavros-695778/

He worked at a VR company just before inXile, so I guess that makes him a good fit for inXile.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
3E30BB5FE045A090A29B888E30B5A42D2CBAFBA4

Was following this on a Swedish Ebay type of site. It just expired, no bids, and the opening bid was set at 199 kr, around 20 US dollars. Pretty brutal considering it's supposed to be unique and so on. Fallout boxes and stuff like that usually go for around 60-80 dollars otherwise.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
"inXile, you too?" #3 -

Sounds like Chad and Jason's "next gen RPG" is action RPG: "Guide the technical development of a next generation, multi-platform, single-player RPG with action elements."

From another job posting for Lead Software Engineer: https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/lead-software-engineer-2

Unreal 4

So that’s it for old school games from Inxile, then? And when that action game - I’m already seeing Wasteland getting the Bethesda treatment here - flops horribly... what will the epitaph say?

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Was following this on a Swedish Ebay type of site. It just expired, no bids, and the opening bid was set at 199 kr, around 20 US dollars. Pretty brutal considering it's supposed to be unique and so on. Fallout boxes and stuff like that usually go for around 60-80 dollars otherwise.

That's a shame, I was thinking of trying to get rid of it.
Guess not, like I couldn't get rid of the W2 shitty metal box either. Of course, I didn't try for $20, but I'd rather keep it than getting just $20 for it.

Codex Year of the Donut

I'd buy it for 20 bucks

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom