Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

inXile General Discussion Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fargo nostalgia:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/senior-producer

Senior Producer

InXile Entertainment is a Microsoft game studio led by Brian Fargo. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our elite team of developers.

Currently, we are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Producer to join our team on an exciting unannounced project. The Senior Producer reports to the Executive Producer and works with the relevant creative, production and technical leads to build schedules, plan resource allocations and define milestone deliverables to ensure the on time completion of high quality game features and content. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in developing multi-platform next-gen games and is someone who is an amazing communicator, knows how to get things done, and has an ability to collaborate with the other discipline leads. They have a wealth of knowledge to share and a desire to improve the development and optimization of workflows. The mere thought of creating new production/tracking processes to increase efficiency and predictability while maintaining a high quality bar gives them goose bumps.

Minimum Requirements:
Mastery of JIRA, Excel, Shotgun, MSProject or equivalent project management software packages
5+ years of experience working with internal development teams in senior or lead production role
Ability to effectively and constructively partner with a diverse group of personalities
Experience with large, AAA teams and distributed/remote development
Experience with various development/production methodologies and successful applications of each

What You Will Do:
Coordination and day-to-day management of development team or major discipline
Communication of project status to Executive Producer across all areas of responsibility
Collaboration with the other discipline leads in the development and optimization of workflow
and production/tracking processes to increase efficiency and predictability while maintaining a high quality bar
Create and maintain sensible, prioritized project schedules
Communicate and coordinate tasking across all disciplines
Help manage and motivate the development team
Managing external contractors – specifically deadlines and deliverables.
Identify and remove development roadblocks and bottlenecks
Direct management and mentorship of other producers
Drive delivery of a polished, highly rated game on time and on budget
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you! When applying, please include your resume, cover letter, and a list of shipped titles.
Back to Careers
To apply, please email jobs@inxile.net

Ocelot570

Educated
https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/senior-producer

Senior Producer

InXile Entertainment is a Microsoft game studio led by Brian Fargo. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our elite team of developers.

Currently, we are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Producer to join our team on an exciting unannounced project. The Senior Producer reports to the Executive Producer and works with the relevant creative, production and technical leads to build schedules, plan resource allocations and define milestone deliverables to ensure the on time completion of high quality game features and content. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in developing multi-platform next-gen games and is someone who is an amazing communicator, knows how to get things done, and has an ability to collaborate with the other discipline leads. They have a wealth of knowledge to share and a desire to improve the development and optimization of workflows. The mere thought of creating new production/tracking processes to increase efficiency and predictability while maintaining a high quality bar gives them goose bumps.

Minimum Requirements:
Mastery of JIRA, Excel, Shotgun, MSProject or equivalent project management software packages
5+ years of experience working with internal development teams in senior or lead production role
Ability to effectively and constructively partner with a diverse group of personalities
Experience with large, AAA teams and distributed/remote development
Experience with various development/production methodologies and successful applications of each

What You Will Do:
Coordination and day-to-day management of development team or major discipline
Communication of project status to Executive Producer across all areas of responsibility
Collaboration with the other discipline leads in the development and optimization of workflow
and production/tracking processes to increase efficiency and predictability while maintaining a high quality bar
Create and maintain sensible, prioritized project schedules
Communicate and coordinate tasking across all disciplines
Help manage and motivate the development team
Managing external contractors – specifically deadlines and deliverables.
Identify and remove development roadblocks and bottlenecks
Direct management and mentorship of other producers
Drive delivery of a polished, highly rated game on time and on budget
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you! When applying, please include your resume, cover letter, and a list of shipped titles.
Back to Careers
To apply, please email jobs@inxile.net

hmmmmmmm this is really weird. Why would InXile, who can barely handle shipping a low budget low-grade game (everything they've ever done), feel like they are remotely ready to make any game with complexities. Their games are barely B- grade games how can they jump to AAA. Makes no sense. Big daddy microsoft probably are shoveling money into them after they realized they can't keep a promise.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
https://archive.fo/dSlr6

-I've also heard good things about inXile. I've heard nothing about their new major project other than the pitch was really unique.
-They have two smaller projects in development, in addition to Wasteland 3, but I've heard one will probably get shelved.
-The other is a battle royale that was originally designed for VR, but is now non-VR as well to exist on the Xbox family of devices.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Why people keep surprised about it when I've been posting about that Wasteland FPS project, including a screenshot, here in this thread.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Wonder what Numenera would be like as a first-person setting.

It would be more accurate to say I'm curious what that kind of pulp "science fantasy" aesthetic would look like in a first person setting.
Zeno Clash.

Wonder no more.

Zeno_Clash_-_Father-Mother.jpg

The Real Fanboy
Some insider (or someone that it's plausible to know this stuff?) posted about Inxile:

inXile will be premiere XGS RPG powerhouse. They have biggest budget for any RPG currently in development at XGS. And game is very ambitious and it is 5 years project. Don't expect it before 2024. With COVID19 I'll even go to 2025.

But man it will be worthy, studio is going trough biggest transformation in industry.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/xb...eed-of-the-ssds.176346/page-354#post-34588848

I don't know why they would get the biggest budget for an rpg and not Obsidian but whatever....

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
In the correct timeline they would be making Meantime as originally envisioned. Alas..

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
inXile filled their quota for Parker, Steven Parker, Lead Producer: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stevenjparker/

A seasoned industry veteran and leader with extensive production experience on AAA games. Proficiency creating titles that span multiple genres, game types and team sizes.

Lead Producer

Company Name inXile entertainment (Full-time)
Dates Employed May 2020 – Present
Employment Duration 1 mo
Location Tustin, California, United States

Previously worked at Turtle Rock and Blizzard (on Diablo 3) so is likely acquainted with Jason Anderson.

Ocelot570

Educated
It gives me some faith that they are bought by Microsoft because Obsidian and inXile will at least have more money to do their stuff, and a bigger audience to maybe experience better rpgs. The thing that sucks though is that I'll have to use the windows store to play them...

Ging_Sama

Novice
It gives me some faith that they are bought by Microsoft because Obsidian and inXile will at least have more money to do their stuff, and a bigger audience to maybe experience better rpgs. The thing that sucks though is that I'll have to use the windows store to play them...

All MS games is on steam now. Day one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom