Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

InXile interview on Hunted: The Demon's Forge

nihil

Augur
Project: Eternity
I just read this:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...r_Matt_Findley_On_Hunted_The_Demons_Forge.php

While I think the game itself could make a decent action one, the article really pissed me off. No wonder we don't get RPGs anymore when a former RPG developer says:

Well, you know, we analyzed the long history of video games. I think these games always wanted to be action games at their heart. I think all those old turn-based games, it's just that's all the technology would allow.

Just wanted to share my frustration.

Peter

Arcane
:x

nihil said:
Well, you know, we analyzed the long history of video games. I think these games always wanted to be action games at their heart. I think all those old turn-based games, it's just that's all the technology would allow.

Just like X-COM wanted to be a squad based shooter, right?

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why do I gave a feeling that this is going to be completely the same piece of shit as Demon Stone.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hunted is basically an ARPG without much gear or progression so... an action game.

Black_Willow

Arcane
Peter said:
:x

nihil said:

Just like X-COM wanted to be a squad based shooter, right?

When I played Syndicate I wanted it to be a squad based real time shooter, not turn ba...

Oh wait

Shannow

Waster of Time
Thinking of Dungeon Master right now... But hey, that was 1987. Perhaps he was talking about games before that. Thinking of Pong...
I'd like to rage, but I've been hearing the same nonsense for almost a decade now. Fact is: people are fucking stupid and will believe anything if it fits their worldview, no matter how many facts contradict it.

nihil

Augur
Project: Eternity
Shannow said:
I'd like to rage, but I've been hearing the same nonsense for almost a decade now. Fact is: people are fucking stupid and will believe anything if it fits their worldview, no matter how many facts contradict it.

Truth. This article went news anyway, so I guess that would be the place to rage. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom