Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Incline Ion Fury (formerly Ion Maiden) - Build Engine powered FPS by Duke Nukem 3D mappers

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by tormund, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    I would rate this "honk", but comparing game journos to clowns would be outright insult against dedicated athletes and entertainers who usually are seen in circus.

• Brofist Brofist x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Ivan Arcane

Ivan
    at least the RPS commenters are giving the author a good thrashing

^ Top  
  3. Okagron Prophet

Okagron
    Oh look, RPS proving yet again that they are one of the worst gaming sites in the internet.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. frajaq Arbiter

frajaq
    wow i'm actually kinda upset by that article, considering how much I enjoyed the game, that hasn't happened in awhile

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...stalgia-and-a-decent-first-person-shooter-too

• incline x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Shit x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    9/10 https://www.pcgamesn.com/ion-fury/review

• Brofist x 3
    • incline x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Shit x 2
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. TheHeroOfTime Arcane

TheHeroOfTime
    [/QUOTE]

This is supossed to be a bad thing?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 7
    • incline incline x 1
    • No No x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Durandal Arcane

Durandal
    While this RPS reviewer is most certainly a plebeian and a scrub, this review may show some signs that Ion Fury is falling for a minor meme which I fear seems to be taking hold lately, namely that good FPS level design is being automatically equated to giant interconnected Souls-ian behemoths of a level filled with tons of exploration-bait, secrets, and what have you. It's something that seemed to have started with some of the giga-levels in Quake: Arcane Dimensions like The Forgotten Sepulcher which everyone agreed was good without really being able to put it in words other than "because it made my peepee hard". Now you have Ion Fury with "zones" instead of levels and Wrath promising to do the same thing.

This is by no means a condemnation of AD or Ion Fury or giga-levels in general, but I fear that if we mindlessly assign pseudo-Metroidvania worlds as the golden standard of FPS level design for what they set out to do rather than the qualities that make their scope work, that we'll have morons complaining about short 'n sweet Scythe-like levels for being too small, and developers trying to follow this fad but only end up overstretching themselves by creating overly huge levels with too many secrets and pointless side-areas with tons of unnecessary backtracking.

• Agree x 10
    • Brofist x 4
    • Informative x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Eyestabber Arcane Patron

Eyestabber
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    So Iron Maiden DID take issue with this game? Fucking lol @ the reason behind the name change. Bunch of old faggots.

Anyway, full release isn't out yet, but is it worth it? No more 10% discount it seems.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Curratum Savant

Curratum
    Calling it "probably the best Build engine game ever" is overshooting a bit, no, PCGamesN?

Unless they added new amazing weapons and / or the level designs are dramatically better in terms of layouts and atmosphere, compared to the Early Access preview campaign, this thing has a long way to go until it catches up with Blood 1.

^ Top  
  11. ironmask Learned

ironmask
    Shillmanlives hath spoken.

• Funny x 3
    • Friendly x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Curratum Savant

Curratum
    I'm afraid ALL of shillmanlives's criticisms are very valid, given what I've seen in the early access and what I see in the gameplay and his examples.

Disclaimer: I've bought the game and I am rooting for it to be a success, I just can't deny obvious flaws when I see them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Multidirectional Arcane

Multidirectional
    Such a shame they couldn't just make a new Duke Nukem game. One liners from this chick seem cringe inducing.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Curratum Savant

Curratum
    There's a setting in the menu that allows you to mute her entirely. And thank god because her repertoire is limited and she spews them out a lot more often than Duke did.

^ Top  
  15. Boleskine Arcane

Boleskine
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. ironmask Learned

ironmask
    Yeah I also mostly agree with Shillman in this video too. It's just more fun to call him a shill.

^ Top  
  17. Boleskine Arcane

Boleskine
    PCGamer - 77/100

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. CyberModuled Learned

CyberModuled
    Honestly can't help but be severely disappointed with the fact that there are no more weapons from Early Access to final game other than the disc explosive that was shown in the final trailer (especially when bowling bombs are supposed to be the "signature" throwable weapon). Kind of reminiscent of an issue I had with DUSK where you basically get all of your weapons within the first episode and have the same ones for the rest of the game (though at least DUSK had power-ups, not sure about Fury other than that temporary unlimited bowling bomb one).

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  19. TheHeroOfTime Arcane

TheHeroOfTime
    :shredder:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • :M :M x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Ovg Cipher

Ovg
    Khatarsis. Or rather bettering our own self esteem. And if any codex new meat doeasnt know, we will save them from bad reviews.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Circuit Magister

Circuit
    Is that how playing FPSes with a controller looks like?

• Yes Yes x 5
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    Abit disappointed to hear about the weapons... I guess they went with more convertional weapons, but as shillman says, it would have been tasteful to include some zanzy weapons in the style of the 90s fpss

^ Top  
  23. Diablo1_reborn Scholar

Diablo1_reborn
    I just hope that someone manages to mod in a "Lo Wang" sound mod soon enough. Playing these kind of games without any or with really really shitty one-liners is kinda unfaithful to the Build Engine era.

^ Top  
  24. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    but its woke honk honk

^ Top  
  25. Morgoth Arcane

Morgoth
    Boring weapon arsenal, monotonous progression, so-so level design, chronic ammo shortage (my main complaint from the EA version).

Not sure of this is enough for Ion Fury to enhance the must-have Build-Engine trio into a quartet.

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)