Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Ion Fury (formerly Ion Maiden) - Build Engine powered FPS by Duke Nukem 3D mappers - now with Aftershock DLC

Curratum

I do anticipate extreme bullshit in certain areas where they threw it on UV... but I digress.

Your expectations of extreme bullshit will be outperformed multiple times. The AI is completely abhorrent on max diff. The big flier rocketeers will shove their ass in the darkest, most distant corner of the map and then proceed to silently fire their homing missiles at you from absurd ranges. I'm talking about literally outside of rendering distance due to engine shading.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://steamcommunity.com/games/562860/announcements/detail/1612774139441121875

Ion Fury Big Box News!
Founders Shipping; Regular Edition Delayed

First, the good news - The Founders Edition boxes are currently being shipped to two distribution warehouses (one in the US, and one in EU), from where each copy will be sent out. Another few weeks and hopefully you'll have a juicy Founders Edition in your hands. You'll get an email notification once your copy has shipped from the distribution warehouse!

Second, less good news - The custom-designed Bowling Bomb USB drive for the Regular Edition Box, has been delayed a few weeks, The mold is complete (It looks kickass!), but due to production difficulties which have now been resolved, it's unfortunately been delayed.

All other items are packed. Latest news from the manufacturer is that the disks will be shipped to us within 4 weeks.

We will keep you guys updated once we have more news to share!

bbe15d118adb651490a8b930b1c5a7c28837489c.jpg

dbae7449bf5f4d4ee273508b2f650b0e98730fd5.jpg

9bb6670b307e75d341a1a8fcbcb08e43a97c3c4f.jpg

998387c20acd1428d1c729278bca79f89e2cceca.jpg

ade9fe7a7f93382d40ab4bf020a7f5463b184556.png

d5636c5b4d27bd8c49595f3bf51201b43317bfb0.png

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Buddha be praised, I finally finished this. What a slog it turned out to be.

Definitely not something I'll be playing again, and whoever claims that it's any close to the classic build engine games is delusional or hasn't played them for 20 years. You ask me, it's barely just competent.

My two biggest gripes with it are probably that:

1. It's utterly devoid of any character or flare. The enemies are generic and forgettable. The guns are generic and forgettable barring the double fire uzis, which might just be the only weapon that is actually fun (ok the grenade launcher is too but it's also just a generic grenade launcher). The levels are generic and forgettable no matter how big and expansive or whatever they may be.
2. It doesn't add anything of worth to the build engine formula apart from mostly pointless gimmicks (look at muh voxels and headshots) and downright bizarre annoyances (RELOADING) while at the same time actually stripping it of stuff (inventory).

Plenty of other crap that I thought was bad too, but which I can't be bothered to mention.

Actually one more thing to mention - the final bossfight was like a more tardo version of Doom 2's Icon of Sin.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Difficulty-wise Ion Fury may be more fair than something like Blood being a kick in the balls in the form of a videogame, but that bullshit also makes me prefer Blood over Ion Fury by a hundred miles because in order to persevere in Blood I have to make the absolute most out of every single item, mechanic, and weapon at my disposal. Blood may be incredibly bullshit with its hitscanners that you basically have to memorize your path through a level, but creating and executing that route felt godly satisfying (when you aren't being a savescumming casual). The boundaries the difficulty pushed you towards, the many levels which would fuck you over in many different ways, and the many options you were given to tackle them all facilitated a sense of creativity in the player.

Meanwhile in Ion Fury, from start to finish it's nothing but popamoling around corners and scoring headshots with the Ion Bow or Shotgun or Revolver, throwing bombs around corners to easily kill enemies, and stunlocking heavy enemies with the minigun. Scoring headshots and using explosives for enemies around corners is already the most optimal way to play, and the game is too tame difficulty-wise to force you on a regular basis to vary up your playstyle for the sake of survival. It doesn't help that all the items, weapons, and power-ups in Ion Fury are straightforward as hell and don't allow for a lot of creativity.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Patch is out!

Ion Fury 1.02 Update is out! 10% Discount!
The Ion Fury 1.02 Update is out, and we're celebrating with a 10% Discount Sale!
Finally! Yes it took some time, but we're FINALLY ready with the eagerly awaited 1.02 update for Ion Fury.

You read that right. Not 1.01, but 1.02! We jam packed so many goodies into this patch (Achievements everyone!), that patch 1.01 (Boxed copies), simply wasn't enough for this release.

Alongside the Patch, we're also doing a SALE of Ion Fury on 10%!
So if you didn't manage to grab the game at launch, NOW is the time!

Last but not least, here's a big change-log for you all to dive into.
Enjoy!

v1.02 changelog

New/changed:
- Steam achievements are here! When you launch version 1.02, saved gameplay stats from version 1.0 will be evaluated and any achievement already completed will be unlocked automatically. For those who would prefer to start from scratch, a menu option is available to clear all stats and achievement data from the game and from Steam.
- Added borderless windowed mode options
- Reworked the implementation of crouch toggle to behave in a more logical way
- Boosted visibility of enemies in dark environments
- Reworked both Clusterpuck fire modes
- Increased max Clusterpuck carry amount
- Decreased Bowling Bomb homing mode delay
- Added flight sound for homing missiles fired from enemies
- Added extra sound effects for flying skull drones
- Decreased max medkit carry amount
- Large medkit now only gives +20 HP on Maximum Fury skill
- Garbage cans and trash bags now sometimes spawn health syringes
- Health syringe can now boost health past 100
- Moved zone 3 boss fight ammo crates to more obvious locations and reworked their pickup mechanics
- Moved a few unfavorably positioned save checkpoints
- Improved pacing of final boss battle
- Increased radar duration
- Increased radar range
- Decreased radar refresh delay
- Decreased max radar carry amount
- Beefed up Disperser and Penetrator firing sound effects
- Tweaked Penetrator reload sound effect

Fixes:
- Performance, timing, and frame pacing improvements
- Fixed mouse buttons 4 and 5 not working on Linux
- Fixed setting windowed mode at the same resolution as the desktop just giving you regular fullscreen mode instead
- Fixed game sometimes fullscreening to the wrong monitor in multi-monitor setups
- Fixed possible crash or degraded performance after shooting mirrors repeatedly
- Fixed degraded performance after firing thousands of shots in a single map
- Fixed counting enemy deaths from the environment that could prevent reaching 100% kills
- Fixed Bowling Bombs sometimes failing to properly indicate that they were in homing mode
- Fixed being able to activate radar on the stats screen at the end of a zone
- Fixed the weapon display sometimes getting "stuck" when opening grates with the use key
- Fixed internal effect sprites sometimes showing up in map mode
- Fixed the player's portrait on the difficulty select screen sometimes only displaying static
- Fixed fall damage being applied even after a fan pushed the player upward
- Fixed the wrong weapon sometimes being shown on screen
- Fixed Ion Bow projectile not respecting the player's autoaim setting
- Fixed grenadier enemies being invulnerable to burning damage
- Fixed player sometimes dying after the end credits
- Fixed various possible progression blockers and unintended environmental deaths throughout the game
- Fixed a few secret areas that either didn't trigger properly or could trigger more than once
- Fixed maps sometimes getting their states reset when backtracking in zones 5 and 6
- Fixed end screen transition after final boss
- Fixed far away explosion sounds sometimes being too quiet
- Fixed weapon reload animation canceling
- Fixed linked up "HeskelCast" screens sometimes going out of sync from one another
- Fixed Bowling Bomb pickup always switching away from the Electrifryer, even if automatic switching was disabled
- Fixed audio clipping when killing many sections of a centipede enemy at once
- Fixed other misc map issues: texture misalignments, effect glitches, etc

HansDampf

Arcane
I'd like to thank Voidpoint for reminding me to always wait a few months before buying and playing new games.
:greatjob:

Jezal_k23

They thought no one cared about achievements but then people kept asking for it, so they added them.

Luka-boy

Arcane
And they broke Linux compatibility completely while adding them. Which is extra hilarious considering one of the devs uses Ubuntu as his main OS.

Oh well, I guess I'll check out ATOM's new isometric mode :incline:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://steamcommunity.com/games/562860/announcements/detail/1606020007374316815

Ion Fury LIVE Dev. Class #1: Programming a basic enemy
Join Ion Fury Programmer, Jonathan Strander, as he guides you through the programming of an enemy

The Ion Fury Mapping and Modding scene is already sprawling with content, and for those of you interested in diving a bit deeper, we're launching a LIVE Developer Class series.

In this first Livestream, Game Programmer Jonathan "MBlackwell" Strander, will take you through the creation of a basic enemy in Ion Fury.

If you want to take your Map or Mod creation for Ion Fury to the next level, this is a Livestream you don't want to miss!

The stream will start tomorrow, September 21 at 10am PST. Jonathan will also be able to answer questions during the Livestream.

See you all there!

Curratum

Given that the devs barely produced any functional, fun enemies, I don't really think they're qualified to make this tutorial! :D

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Anyone else having problems with performance? Depending on the resolution and renderer (software/opengl) it varies from complete lagfest to sluggish.

Granted, I'm playing on a laptop with shitty integrated Intel graphics card, but I wasn't expecting to run into trouble with a build engine game...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom