Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Iron Danger Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Action Squad Studios; Daedalic Entertainment; Iron Danger

These are good times for those interested in tactical RPGs with unusual combat systems. We posted about Action Squad Studios' Iron Danger back in 2018. As with Broken Lines, the developers have danced back and forth between calling it a tactical RPG or merely a tactical combat game. But it still seems to be what it was then - a colorful steampunk fantasy game inspired by Finnish folklore and featuring simultaneous turn-based combat with time manipulation abilities. Last year the game was picked up by Daedalic Entertainment and its release date was finally announced in January. In addition to the launch trailer, they also put together a longer feature trailer that should give you a good idea of what it's about.

If you want to give it a try, Iron Danger is available on Steam or GOG for a not-so-cheap $35 with a 15% launch discount (for two weeks on Steam but only one on GOG for some reason).

Last edited by a moderator:
Codex Year of the Donut
Stop trying to trick people, it's not an RPG.
5aS1uJe.png

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is it just me or does the game look choppy as fuck in the teaser trailer? It looks like it's running on like 30 FPS...Can someone that's tried it verify whether that's how the game actually does, because that is absolutely unacceptable for any game.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't have that much time to play games anymore so a linear game without sidequest actually sounds quite appealing to me. Also the lack of inventory and it's mangagement would save me some time. I have huge difficultiy playing todays RPG:s that often take 60+ hours if you're a completionist. I look forward to more games that are mainquest only.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
"Iron Danger" .... yeah the only danger it poses is to incline

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom