Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Iron Harvest - RTS set in alternate reality of 1920+ from KING Art Games

Robert Jarzebina

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kingartgames/iron-harvest

https://kingart-games.com/games/7-iron-harvest

https://af.gog.com/game/iron_harvest?as=1649904300

“Iron Harvest“ is a real-time strategy game (RTS) for Playstation 4,
Xbox One and PC, set in the alternate reality of 1920+.
Screenshots, artworks & latest news: www.facebook.com/ironharvest

After World War 1 farmers found a plethora of unexploded ordnance, barbed wire, weapons, shrapnel and bullets while ploughing their fields. They called it the Iron Harvest.

The game takes place in the world of 1920+, an alternate version of our own world created by Polish artist Jakub Różalski. Mankind, fascinated by technology, engines and iron, invented powerful walking machines. Once mighty weapons on the battlefields of the Great War, they are now part of everyday life.

Mighty factions fight for influence and power, while hidden forces are working towards the destabilization of Europe, determined to set the world on fire once again.

You lead hero characters, mechs, and soldiers into battle. Cover mechanics and dynamic destruction play a major role in combat. Your squads take cover automatically, but a simple brick wall will only offer protection against small calibers, not against mech-mounted cannons.

We’re looking forward to giving you more detailed information in the upcoming months. Be sure to like us to get the latest news and regular looks “behind-the-scenes”.

Your Iron Harvest Team

14939421_1475849972442471_2926866764733784968_o.jpg

14902962_1475814689112666_1735829349794867366_o.jpg

http://iron-harvest.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

agris

Arcane
Patron
the visuals + emphasis on destructibility gives me a Silent Storm vibe. This being for consoles gives me a :negative: vibe. has anyone from king art games worked on the SS series?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Looks like Company of Heroes to me. Cool to see there is some actual progress in development.

A horse of course

Fantasy Company of Gyros sounds interesting. Keeping an...oko on it.

:smug:
:smug: :smug: :smug:

Beastro

Arcane
Dunno if a RTS is the best format for this. At first glance it seems that way, but something of a 4x trying to expanding and establish nation states in a anarchic Eastern Europe or a Stalker kind of FPS with heavy stealth mechanics to hide from and out flank mechs sounds more fitting to me. Mecha would be rare, but very important and decisive like armour is in the Falkenberg's Legion novels.

It being a simple RTS... I dunno. I feel like a game focused around this setting should really present mecha as near invincible walking death machines that nonetheless need a lot of infantry cover to prevent them from being overwhelmed while the nuances of the game revolving around using and countering them almost in the way Western Medieval warfare had knights take center stage while everything else was support that often didn't fight at all, not them simply being a more powerful units like Dreadnoughts were in DoW1.

All those loose fucking tubes piss me off though. Would be so easy to soft kill something like that with all those exposed, especially they hydraulics, which is assume as 90% of said tubes.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
a game doing rts type squad deathmatch thing would be pretty cool. unlock and different squad memebers wid different abilities. mech is the centerpiece. like a moba CoH

rpglover

Barely Literate
I know this game. It is not bad but I hope that developers will make second part with better graffics and physics

Unwanted

Janise

Unwanted
I know this poster. Its not bad but I hope that developers will make a trillionth part with better graffics and physics.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
I'm excited.
Jakub Różalski, the artist, made a lot of the 1920+ art for the board game Scythe.
I highly recommend the game if you can find it.
Glad to see a lot of that world will be made into a video game.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
So it's going to be CoH with mechs?Sounds promising

Wsit it's going to be on consoles too?:decline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom