Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Iron Maiden RPG in the works (trigger warnings: F2P, Mobile)

Astral Rag

Arcane
In 1999 Iron Maiden released an album and video game of the same name: Ed Hunter. Now, 17 years later, the band's back with a new game.

Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast is described as an "action-packed, free-to-play RPG steeped in Iron Maiden mythology". It's due out this summer for iOS and Android devices.

It's the work of Roadhouse Interactive and 50CC Games. And Iron Maiden. Roadhouse made Warhammer 40,000: Carnage and Food Battle: The Game for YouTube comedy act SMOSH. It's worked with Iron Maiden's people, who granted the team "unparalleled access" to the vaults.

"As a lifelong fan, I have always thought that Maiden's music, lyrics and cast of characters would provide the perfect basis for a deep RPG experience", said Roadhouse boss James Hursthouse.

"With this game we're creating an outstanding RPG that will appeal to all mobile gamers, including those discovering Maiden for the first time."

As in Ed Hunter, in Legacy of the Beast you play Iron Maiden mascot Eddie, who has many forms, each with unique abilities. You can also travel through time.

The soundtrack uses Iron Maiden songs, and includes previously unheard live recordings adapted for the game.

"We know many of our fans are gamers and we have long thought that Eddie and Maiden's music and imagery would be perfect for this," said bassist Steve Harris.

"It's something we have been looking at revisiting since Ed Hunter way back in 1999.

"Now in 2016 it can all be done on a smartphone so it makes it even more accessible for Maiden fans everywhere and also all the gamers out there."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-01-18-theres-a-new-iron-maiden-rpg

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Inb4 "Fear of the Dark", "The Trooper", "Aces High" and others are micro transaction while the new stuff is F2P. :troll:

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Blatant cash-in, pass.
I'll give my money to Maiden the ol' fashioned way- live show tickets!

It's the first one I ever had the chance to watch. They only popped up in Israel once, and it was with who-gives-a-fuck-about-Bailey.
I absolutely can not wait for this one!! Any of you fuckers showing up in Rock in Rome?

pippin

Oddly enough, it was Blaze Bailey who motivated them to do a videogame. Ed Hunter was primarily his own idea. The Final Frontier also had a tie in game, or at least it had with the special edition (the one that came inside a tin).

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Any of you fuckers showing up in Rock in Rome?

Nope. Not a big fan of live performances, and sure as hell not of "festivals", where I gotta cope with hours and hours of shit and retarded concert-goers just to listen, from 3km away, to 30-60 minutes of piss-poor performance by the one band I might be interested in.

Music is so much more enjoyable in the safe space ( :M ) of my parents' basement.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Well, that's what the golden circle tickets are for, mate!

Anyway, I've been absolutely enchanted by stuff like the live versions of Hallowed Be Thy Name, where Bruce lifts his hands and the entire crowd just goes apeshit at the crescendo. I need to be there. I need to experience that shit.

Some small-time Israeli band did a live cover of the 7So7S album a little while ago, and man. Even for such a small local crowd, it was magic. Infinite Dreams was fantastic. Especially THAT part. You know the one. Tan, tadadan, tadadan tan tan tan... Tan, tadadan, tadadan tan tan tan...

To think what it could be like with the real band, with 50 times the amount of people... I need that! And I WILL have that! :bounce:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
I went to a live Black Label Society concert a couple years back. Never again, men. That was the day I realised I was no longer a "metalhead". Hard rock is my main style now.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Doesn't Black Label Society suck tho?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I was surprised it's not being developed by Obsidian. There's at least one chance it's not going to suck in this case.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Doesn't Black Label Society suck tho?

Music is 'kay, but their fans, oh god, the fans. Bunch of teens screaming their lungs off. Could've been a Pop show for all the yelling. Overdressed kids trying really hard to be HARDCORE. Ugly chicks everywhere. And the dude is a DOUCHE.

I'd much rather go to another Mr. Big show. Now that show was FUN. No tryhards, cute womyn with beautiful tatoos, awesome live performance and those guys are bros. Eric Martin chatted with my friends and I for a long while after the show and commented on their favorite places to grab a bite in our town. One of the best live show experiences I ever had.

pippin

Zakk is somewhat of a bro but BLS, just like Pantera, has one of the worst fanbases of the world. I still listen to the Stronger than Death record every now and then and it's kinda good, but I guess that's the only one I need from them. And I do get what you mean with the ugly chicks bit. It's the usual (fake) red haired hamplanet that likes to beg for beers, cigs and cock at every metalhead bar. Sometimes I feel like I can get herpes just for looking at them.
I still gotta see Mr Big live. Judging from the videos, it really seems like a very nice and fun show.

Well, that's what the golden circle tickets are for, mate!

Anyway, I've been absolutely enchanted by stuff like the live versions of Hallowed Be Thy Name, where Bruce lifts his hands and the entire crowd just goes apeshit at the crescendo. I need to be there. I need to experience that shit.

Some small-time Israeli band did a live cover of the 7So7S album a little while ago, and man. Even for such a small local crowd, it was magic. Infinite Dreams was fantastic. Especially THAT part. You know the one. Tan, tadadan, tadadan tan tan tan... Tan, tadadan, tadadan tan tan tan...

To think what it could be like with the real band, with 50 times the amount of people... I need that! And I WILL have that! :bounce:

Iron Maiden is probably the only band I never miss when they play in my town. They even recorded a live album/video here, it really feels cool to know you're in there somewhere.
And since they realized Maiden means big money here, they are bringing better opening acts instead of boring local bands. I've managed to see Exodus, Slayer and Ghost because of this, and they are bringing Anthrax for their next gig here.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
2tO79WU.jpg
12439265_896153987181644_1092119220702847825_n.png

12489294_896151960515180_6318772909379349007_o.jpg

http://ironmaidenlegacy.com

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Inb4 "Fear of the Dark", "The Trooper", "Aces High" and others are micro transaction while the new stuff is F2P. :troll:
Just add "The longest day" and you got my Maiden Greatest hits right there
Mmm gotta say that playing as Cyber Eddie or Pharoh Eddy battling the Number of the Beast Devil sounds fun and since it is free I will definetly give it a look

vonAchdorf

Arcane
At least it will be TB:

Roadhouse, 50cc Games and Iron Maiden have joined forces to create Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast, a turn-based action RPG due out on mobile platforms in Summer 2016.

Turn-based action RPG is a completely new genre, too.

Dorateen

Arcane
But Iron Maiden is a treasure trove of themes, characters and backstories for a normal computer role-playing game.

Such as waste of source material.

Last edited:

SwiftCrack

Arcane
One of those games that you want to be a 10/10 but you know it'll be a 4/10 on a generous day (mostly because of the music).

Saw 'em six times now.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
I'd play a Bal-Sagoth mythology rpg.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom