Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is anyone here in Gent, and free today (Friday 28th April) and willing to visit Larian studios?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
If you are, PM me for a secret mission (to visit Larian and see stuff about their new game)!

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
If anyone does this: ask about the cheese merchant. Stress the importance of including him in DOS 2, as he is by far the most memorable character of the first game.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there a secret meeting going on? Larian doesn't seem to keep me updated on these things.

Aenra

Too short a notice, i do hope we find someone.

I assume they have some event thing going on, ergo good opportunity for us to be present (among others) as well?
Or is it like, secret secret? ^^

Either way, a few questions:

- Anything they can tell us about the undisclosed games currently in development?
- What does Swen think about a third/first person RPG? And could he expand on it, lol
- Whom was it that got sick/ill/died and how much did it affect the lore/story aspect of the game? (reminding here that after this they had to look for a new writer)
- Are there any plans for a new Kickstarter?
- Would that be a more general stance, as in 'we plan to use KS period', or more of a game-to-game kind of decision?
- If the above, any comments about the future and Larian's relation with publishers?
- Has Swen's approach to game difficulty/work vs gain changed since D:OS 1? If so, how? If not, why, considering how easy it was?
- Any specific comment on locked quests, hand holding, question marks, linear approach, etc, as found in Dragon Knight Saga (basically the Divinity 2 EE) and D:OS 1 EE?
- Find a polite way to ask him if he's gonna stuff more elves and dragons and dwarves up our collective asses, or if he's willing to try other settings or themes, ie say science fiction. If considering it/already on to it, which would they be and why?

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone does this: ask about the cheese merchant. Stress the importance of including him in DOS 2, as he is by far the most memorable character of the first game.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAhUAAAAJDQxMmRkZjkxLTRlMDAtNGZhZi04NDY0LWIwZTJmODU4OWUxMg.jpg

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Just to be clear, this is in Oudenaarde, near Gent, Belgium, right?

If so, fucking hell man, when you asked it was already "tomorrow" for anyone nearby. Cutting it a little short, aren't you? Is this Swen suddenly throwing something together with duct tape and enthusiasm in the last minute, informing the press late as hell, or is it just you being slow?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
If so, fucking hell man, when you asked it was already "tomorrow" for anyone nearby. Cutting it a little short, aren't you? Is this Swen suddenly throwing something together with duct tape and enthusiasm in the last minute, informing the press late as hell, or is it just you being slow?

The Jew was asking in shoutbox a few days ago. I said I was willing to fly in on my own expense if I'd get to spend the night with Swen. No response. So rude! Sad!

Aenra

The Jew was asking in shoutbox a few days ago

Still fucking lazy, i thought he was a true Jew? dumb. For something like this, you change the headline, make a newspost, something.. Asking in shoutbox?
/much effort, lol

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We learned about this on Tuesday. I asked people on Shoutbox who on the Codex is from Belgium or the area. They gave me the idea of sending Trash who is from the Netherlands, which I passed on to Crooked Bee, and that's the last I heard of this.

DarkUnderlord FFS do I have to chase every issue around here?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
We learned about this on Tuesday. I asked people on Shoutbox who on the Codex is from Belgium or the area. They gave me the idea of sending Trash who is from the Netherlands, which I passed on to Crooked Bee, and that's the last I heard of this.

DarkUnderlord FFS do I have to chase every issue around here?
CB and I have chased two people so far, no dice.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, DU only posted this today / posted this only today because we tried contacting ppl but failed.

But really, three days is just not enough for something like this, unless we had someone directly in the area - so maybe Larian counted on that. Or maybe they just forgot to invite us initially and only remembered about us three days ago. :P

If we had a couple of weeks to arrange this, we could actually send someone to Gent, maybe even give them a bit of money to cover their costs in addition to whatever Larian might've covered. But I hope there will be another opportunity like this further down the line.

Aenra

Crooked Bee maaaaybe we could take advantage of this? :)

Put the fear of God into them use your charms to ask them for some other day maybe, just for us? What with their pretty much guaranteeing we'd miss this one? They might be willing.. worth a try anyway :)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
In Enhanced Edition it is the magic vendor in Cyseal.

PERHAPS WRESTLING AN EARTH ELEMENTAL WILL PUT SOM VIM INTO YOUR ROUTINE!

JasonNH

Augur
Man, that's too bad. My guess would be some kind of game master mode demo/event.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom