Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is Dungeon Lords the best rpg ever?

Is Dungeon Lords the best rpg ever?

• Yes, Dungeon Lords is the best, I am an rpg expert!

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No, Dungeon Lords sucks, I am a fucking idiot!

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Yeah, I have always wondered about your unwavering love for Dungeon Lords.

And the fact that you have played it several times.

And the fact that you posted an entire LP of it to the end, even with few at all watching.

I can't comment on DL since I have not played it, but in seeing videos of it, I found these...platforming bits. Explain what they are doing in a RPG.

But anyway, while your opinion is most respected, I wonder - why Dungeon Lords? Believe me, I do think action RPGs are a respectable genre, because I have found the likes of Anvil Of Dawn to be very intelligent games. But even the niche groups of action RPG players don't think particularly high of Dungeon Lords, and I find that the likes of Sacred 2 and Diablo are accorded more respect.

What does Dungeon Lords have that Sacred and Diablo do not?

Worm King

Scholar
Wyrmlord said:
Yeah, I have always wondered about your unwavering love for Dungeon Lords.

And the fact that you have played it several times.

And the fact that you posted an entire LP of it to the end, even with few at all watching.

I can't comment on DL since I have not played it, but in seeing videos of it, I found these...platforming bits. Explain what they are doing in a RPG.

autism said:
# Sameness is resistance to change; for example, insisting that the furniture not be moved or refusing to be interrupted.
# Ritualistic behavior involves the performance of daily activities the same way each time, such as an unvarying menu or dressing ritual. This is closely associated with sameness and an independent validation has suggested combining the two factors.[29]
# Restricted behavior is limited in focus, interest, or activity, such as preoccupation with a single television program or toy.

Everything about theverybigslayer screams autism.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Wyrmlord said:
What does Dungeon Lords have that Diablo doesnt?

irritation for the player, increasing stupidy and the urge to commit suicide

Micmu

Magister
Dungeon Lords is awesome. It's the game with most WTFs ever. Truly an unique experience. Any great RPGer should play it!

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
JarlFrank said:
Actually the more I read about autism the more it seems to me that I'm slightly autistic.
That's just like medical students think they have symptoms of illness they are learning.

mondblut

Arcane
Wyrmlord said:
What does Dungeon Lords have that Sacred and Diablo do not?

In DL, you have to stare at your PC's butt for 80 hours.

Well, it also has the inimitable Bradley's writing... the whole 2 pages total of it.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Strangely enough, I have a form of higher-functioning autism called Asperger's Syndrome. I would guess I'm not alone in this department, judging by some of the people on this forum. If you have any questions about it, look up the Wikipedia entry. Knowing my condition helped me a lot.

Now...as far as Dungeon Lords goes, will I need to install any mods to fix bugs with the game? Does the official patch fix most of the balance issues out of the box?

Throw me a freakin' bone!

Arcturus

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
ArcturusXIV said:
Strangely enough, I have a form of higher-functioning autism called Asperger's Syndrome. I would guess I'm not alone in this department, judging by some of the people on this forum. If you have any questions about it, look up the Wikipedia entry. Knowing my condition helped me a lot.

Now...as far as Dungeon Lords goes, will I need to install any mods to fix bugs with the game? Does the official patch fix most of the balance issues out of the box?

Arcturus

Oh, and two of the major traits of Asperger's Syndrome are uncoordinated motor skills and obsessive-compulsive behavior (rigid thinking). Would make sense that a bunch of stat-obsessed nerds with high IQs who hated twitch-based combat and demanding a lot of detail in their worlds would be Aspies.

scorpioo

Novice
Like i sad
DUNGEON LORDS ISN´T GAME WHIT BUG! THIS IS BUG WHIT GAME!!!

mondblut

Arcane
ArcturusXIV said:
Strangely enough, I have a form of higher-functioning autism called Asperger's Syndrome.

Clive, you rerolled? :D

There are no mods as far as I know. There is a "collector's edition" which is supposed to be more stable than the original edition with latest patch (1.5), and has a little bit of additional content.

I played the CE through with no crashes or obvious bugs actually, it was "just" a boring ARPG with empty gameworld. Like a poor man's Gothic 2.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
mondblut said:
ArcturusXIV said:
Strangely enough, I have a form of higher-functioning autism called Asperger's Syndrome.

Clive, you rerolled? :D

There are no mods as far as I know. There is a "collector's edition" which is supposed to be more stable than the original edition with latest patch (1.5), and has a little bit of additional content.

I played the CE through with no crashes or obvious bugs actually, it was "just" a boring ARPG with empty gameworld. Like a poor man's Gothic 2.

Dear God, please don't mention Clive. :/

Infernaeus

Novice
ArcturusXIV said:

Arcturus

Were you diagnosed by a doctor? I only ask because everyone and their mother on the internet looks up aspergers and thinks that they have it.

If so, what are your cool and insanely complex daily routines and obsessions like?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
We do not speak of that on the codex, we just throw rocks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom