Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is Dungeon Lords the best rpg ever?

Is Dungeon Lords the best rpg ever?

• Yes, Dungeon Lords is the best, I am an rpg expert!

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No, Dungeon Lords sucks, I am a fucking idiot!

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

obediah

Erudite
ArcturusXIV said:
Yeah, and people in wheelchairs should run the marathon.

Uh, people in wheelchairs can finish a marathon in about half the time as those with legs.

Well except for the ones like you - they would just sit at home alone eating cupcakes and crying about their disability on the internet.

Pieces of shit like you who have no respect for those of us with disabilities are what keep this world from being a better place. Go fucking kill yourself. You owe it to your family and friends.

Why would I respect someone that doesn't even respect themselves enough to better their lot in life? You'd rather just wrap yourself in aspergers and wait for society to bend over backwards to lessen your horrific troubles. You're no different than a fat lady wallowing in junk food, crying about how everyone is mean to her and it's not her fault, while continuously shoveling bon bons in her giant fucking guilt hole.

ArcturusXIV said:
And speaking of which, it's funny you can deny a disability exists when they are able to do brain scans and detect that brain structural abnormalities in Aspies. So telling us to be "normal" is about as stupid as it gets.

Compared to Corky down at the grocery store, your brain structure is a model of normalicy. And while he tries to compensate for his shortcoming and be a productive member of society, you cruise the internet to avoid interactions that aren't easy for you.

Here's a hint, you giant fucking crybaby. Go through history and look at all the scientists and other extremely productive members of history that were socially awkward, intelligent, exhibited obsessives traits, somewhat depressed and were not athletic. HINT: There ware a metric fuckton of them, and they all would have been diagnosed with asperberger's today.

Lucky for us they lived in times where people had flaws and manned the fuck up and compensated for them enough to get by, rather than having syndromes and disablities to hide behind while waiting for your cookie.

Imagine Einstein, Socrates, Darwin, Newton, and others sitting around a fucking chat room all day jerking off to cam whores, and whinging about how it's too hard for them to do anything else.

Maybe you should study what you're talking about before you shoot your fat mouth off again. I'd kick your ass good if you were here. It's easy to be an asshole behind a keyboard, but say that to my face and I'd curb you, motherfucker.

Plane tickets, bitch!!!

Besides, how are you going to fight me if you're too busy counting bricks and avoiding eye contact?

Kaiserin

Liturgist
JarlFrank said:
Actually the more I read about autism the more it seems to me that I'm slightly autistic.
Stop now, that's how they get you!

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
obediah said:
ArcturusXIV said:
Yeah, and people in wheelchairs should run the marathon.

Uh, people in wheelchairs can finish a marathon in about half the time as those with legs.

Well except for the ones like you - they would just sit at home alone eating cupcakes and crying about their disability on the internet.

Pieces of shit like you who have no respect for those of us with disabilities are what keep this world from being a better place. Go fucking kill yourself. You owe it to your family and friends.

Why would I respect someone that doesn't even respect themselves enough to better their lot in life? You'd rather just wrap yourself in aspergers and wait for society to bend over backwards to lessen your horrific troubles. You're no different than a fat lady wallowing in junk food, crying about how everyone is mean to her and it's not her fault, while continuously shoveling bon bons in her giant fucking guilt hole.

ArcturusXIV said:
And speaking of which, it's funny you can deny a disability exists when they are able to do brain scans and detect that brain structural abnormalities in Aspies. So telling us to be "normal" is about as stupid as it gets.

Compared to Corky down at the grocery store, your brain structure is a model of normalicy. And while he tries to compensate for his shortcoming and be a productive member of society, you cruise the internet to avoid interactions that aren't easy for you.

Here's a hint, you giant fucking crybaby. Go through history and look at all the scientists and other extremely productive members of history that were socially awkward, intelligent, exhibited obsessives traits, somewhat depressed and were not athletic. HINT: There ware a metric fuckton of them, and they all would have been diagnosed with asperberger's today.

Lucky for us they lived in times where people had flaws and manned the fuck up and compensated for them enough to get by, rather than having syndromes and disablities to hide behind while waiting for your cookie.

Imagine Einstein, Socrates, Darwin, Newton, and others sitting around a fucking chat room all day jerking off to cam whores, and whinging about how it's too hard for them to do anything else.

Maybe you should study what you're talking about before you shoot your fat mouth off again. I'd kick your ass good if you were here. It's easy to be an asshole behind a keyboard, but say that to my face and I'd curb you, motherfucker.

Plane tickets, bitch!!!

Besides, how are you going to fight me if you're too busy counting bricks and avoiding eye contact?

Congrats. Your mother raised a moron. And not only that, she raised an arrogant moron. If there's anything worse than an idiot, it's an idiot who thinks they know everything. Okay, where should I begin?

First off, you assume I'm doing nothing to better my life. Not true. I have more medical conditions than just Asperger's, and I am attempting to change my diet and do everything in my power, medically and emotionally, to handle them. I am writing a book on the side, and am already a published author. Which is probably more than a fuckwit like you can comprehend.

Second of all, you're referring to fat ladies eating cupcakes, as if we have some control over our condition. Here's a hint: it's not the cupcakes making me autistic, idiot. I was born this way, and genetically inherited it from my father. If you had a genetic condition, you'd expect respect as well. Do you go around making fun of cripples as well? Seems your type of degenerate would do something like that.

Third, you make mention of some of the greatest scientists of our time. I've dealt with this issue a million times, and if you'd bother to open your eyes and read a book, you'd come out with your answer. Though a few autistic people have excelled in the real world, mostly by finding a place where they can be eccentric and still be accepted by chance, most autistic people are INCAPABLE of fending for themselves. So if 90% fail, and 10% succeed, what does that tell you about the odds? It's not like I've given up or something, I just am basing my expectations on reason, rather than irrational analogies like you.

Finally, you're assuming I don't have a problem just because you can't "see it," which is the height of logical fallacy, and does not conform to logic or science at all. The brain is an organ, like any other. If it is defective, it will function in a different way from others. Just because I have a skull over it, doesn't hide the problem. To use my earlier analogy, a person in a wheelchair is afforded the greatest respect because they have a disability, but ironically, a person with an "invisible" disability like Asperger's is somehow discounted? You're stupid. Seriously, pick up a gun, a knife, anything, and go kill yourself. You deserve no better. Uncompassionate assholes who cannot respect the rest of the human race are SCUM.

You're trying to defend your point, but you have a flimsy argument. You cannot even discount the logic in my statements, except by ignorant disregard and a total lack of comprehension about the condition you're talking about. Maybe you should read a book and then come back and debate me. I've lived for 24 years with this condition, gone through hell, and you cannot even begin to comprehend what my life is like, yet you're judging me? I'll remember that when you get cancer and are in a hospital bed and expect someone to relate to you. People like you DESERVE to be abandoned and neglected, just to see what it's like from someone else's point of view.

And frankly, I'm sure a fat nerd like you has something on me? RIIIIIGHT. I spent 7.5 years in karate, I'm a black belt, and have the gold medals from tournaments to prove it. On top of that, I've done modeling work, and am a fairly handsome guy, and fit to boot. If you want to say something about me, why don't YOU buy the plane tickets and come say it to my face?

I would talk on your level, but frankly, that would mean resorting to the vernacular and using terms like "manboon" which idiots like Knightrider call people they can't understand. Maybe you should attack my arguments, rather than resorting to character assassination and petty insult. You would look more intelligent, and be less of a jackass that way. Plus, your arguments might have some merit.

Project: Eternity
picard-facepalm.jpg

obediah

Erudite
ArcturusXIV said:
Waaaaahhhhh!!!! My problem is serious for real. No one has it has bad as I do. Plus I'm a super success judo blackbelt with 200 BMWs, super hot bitches, and a 12" dick. Waaaaahhhhh!!!!.

heh. You're not happy being the most troubled person on the internet, you also have to be the most successful. The tears in one eye are pity and the tears from the other are pure joy! I overfloweth with compassion.

I don't doubt for a second that aspies have real problems that make it hard for them succeed in life. Welcome to the fucking club. No one cares about what is hard for you. It's up to you figure out your niche, and get on with life. There is never an appropriate time to bring up your aspbergers up in conversation. The internet is sick of hearing about that shit from you and the three million other nerds claiming it as their crutch.

mondblut

Arcane
ArcturusXIV said:
And frankly, I'm sure a fat nerd like you has something on me? RIIIIIGHT. I spent 7.5 years in karate, I'm a black belt, and have the gold medals from tournaments to prove it. On top of that, I've done modeling work, and am a fairly handsome guy, and fit to boot. If you want to say something about me, why don't YOU buy the plane tickets and come say it to my face?

mp.jpg

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The thread didn't seem to have much potential, but it's evolving into something epic.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
ArcturusXIV said:
Pieces of shit like you...Go fucking kill yourself....your fat mouth...I'd kick your ass...asshole...I'd curb you, motherfucker....moron....arrogant moron...idiot...idiot...fuckwit...idiot....your type of degenerate...You're stupid....go kill yourself....Uncompassionate assholes...SCUM....I'll remember that when you get cancer...People like you DESERVE to be abandoned and neglected...fat nerd...why don't YOU buy the plane tickets and come say it to my face?..."manboon"...jackass...
Excess fluff removed.

Norfleet

ArcturusXIV said:
I've lived my entire life with it, without knowing exactly what I had, but am now on enough medications that I don't have any serious difficulties, except the fact that I seem to offend people (one reason I tred very softly on these forums--my opinions are far out of the norm, since I ignore common morality and choose to analyze everything from a rational perspective).
Well, it's hardly your fault that most people are dangerously irrational idiots. I get this a lot also, only in my case, it's because I'm a sociopath.

ArcturusXIV said:
My main problem is with the social aspects. I was at the store today, wearing a pair of wildly crazy palm leaf print pants, and a cute girl looked down at me, and I figured she was staring at my crotch so I started to flirt. Ten minutes later, I realized she was just checking out my pants because I dress like a nut.
Well, did you learn something from this? A good rule of thumb, apparently, is that "cute girls" don't flirt with you, so if you're getting that impression, you're probably wrong, and should recalibrate accordingly.

ArcturusXIV said:
It is too humiliating for me to be near other people, and too depressing, since they seem to have something I lack--the ability to be close and empathize with others, girlfriends, et cetera. Most of my friends are over the Internet for this reason, though I communicate with a few of them on the phone.
And why do you consider it to be a good thing to do that? Do you somehow consider it desirable to do so? Are these irrational, mindless sheep really something you WANT to "empathize" with? Perhaps you need to reevaluate your priorities here. Then perhaps someday, you will show them all and crush them beneath your shiny black boot. Consider, that if you spent your time being run by your emotions, you would be an idiot. While it may serve your interests to study them, realize that they are weaknesses, and that these people are your enemies: They stand in the path of your success. Your goal is to manipulate them, use them, and when they no longer serve your purposes, to be disposed of in a tidy and efficient manner. You should not seek to emulate them, only to understand them so that they can be better utilized and overcome.

ArcturusXIV said:
I am analytical to the point of driving everyone crazy. If someone tells me something sarcastic, I take it literally. I can spend hours analyzing someone's small actions, and ignore all the social signs that they either approve or disapprove of me because I can't read them.
Of course they disapprove of you. They fear you because you are different from them. It is what you should expect by now. I mean, you ARE supposed to be analytical, right? Surely you have reached this conclusion by now! It is so obvious.

ArcturusXIV said:
I wouldn't say I'm very ritualized, though I may just not be very aware of it. I do have traits of OCD (balance disorder, where everything has to be equalized on both sides of my body). The problem is more with my rigid thinking. The best instance I can think of, since it pertains to this forum, is FPS games. They drive me nuts because I'll try the same strategy ten times, repeating it exactly the same way and expecting different results, then wonder why I died again.
Yes, but consider this logically. You claim to do this well: Why should the results be different, and if this does not work, does it not logically seem to be the case that you should try something different?

ArcturusXIV said:
I have an extreme case of superstitious thinking, where if don't do things a certain way, some how it will cause "bad luck" for me.
You're supposed to be analytical. Have you considered a controlled experiment to determine whether this is actually correct? It would be illogical to continue in this behavior after it is clear that it is inefficient. Does it not bother you to be illogical?

ArcturusXIV said:
So when I walk in circles, I make sure to touch the same objects, go through the same routines. I guess you could consider my coffee fixation a form of OCD as well, since I drink nearly 2 pots a day, and never seem to be able to quit, no matter how bad my health gets as a result.
Nothing wrong with caffeine. It's good for you, wards off that sleep. If you sleep, they'll get you, you know. Must remain alert. Just don't be drinking that decaf shit.

Mogar

Scholar
Looked it up. Seems to be a dungeon crawler, which is definitely not my thing. If I wanted a dungeon crawler, I'd just play some Final Fantasy.

Now, about autism. I knew autistic people. They were some of the most boring, and at the same times, strangest people you'll ever meet. You are not autistic. You claim to be, but so does 50% of the net. This is autistic, and trust me, you have nothing, absolutely nothing, on him:

Scarychris.jpg

So, yeah...

mathboy

Liturgist
Please don't be mean to ArcturusXIV. He is a pretty sad person, and I really wish he would stop writing here, because reading his posts makes me unhappy and it reminds me of all the things that can be wrong and annoying about a human being. Except for in this thread where he is the one making sense, and the rest of you are stupid. Even though I would be really happy if he left, I don't think you should attack him without thinking things through thoroughly.

Before you humiliate him and insult him for being a fat geek who never leaves the house and can't really communicate successfully with other human being, please remember that he has a reason for being the way he is. If you don't believe in Asperger's, at least believe in believing in it. He like every other internet (diagnosed as well as undiagnosed) aspie clearly thinks he has it, so there is at least something wrong with him compared to us normal people.

Then, remember that when you insult them, you doubly insult those of the normal people (like me) who choose to avoid people most of the time, are socially inept, have never had a girlfriend, and actually believe females are interested in us when they look at our crotches (after we've been embarrassed for a while, thinkings our pants are crusted with semen from constantly jacking off when we can't find a rape victim), but who won't flirt with them for 10 minutes, because we are afraid of them. It's as if you are insulting a paralysed person who is force fed fatty foods by evil doctors while not thinking about all the poor people who are completely normal except for the fact that they stuff their faces with cupcakes all day.

So please everybody be happy and friendly to ArcturusXIV!

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
ArcturusXIV seems very fragile to criticism, which contradicts his ''i don't understand morale'' condition. Morale means you are able to distinguish ''good'' from ''bad'', no matter how realitve it is from a person to person.
One more PHAIL at self diagnosis.

SmokedWolf

Scholar
talking of phail

Morale

Mo`rale"\, n. [F. See Moral, a.] The moral condition, or the condition in other respects, so far as it is affected by, or dependent upon, moral considerations, such as zeal, spirit, hope, and confidence; mental state, as of a body of men, an army, and the like.

mor·al (môr'əl, mŏr'-) Pronunciation Key
adj.
Of or concerned with the judgment of the goodness or badness of human action and character: moral scrutiny; a moral quandary.
Teaching or exhibiting goodness or correctness of character and behavior: a moral lesson.
Conforming to standards of what is right or just in behavior; virtuous: a moral life.
Arising from conscience or the sense of right and wrong: a moral obligation.
Having psychological rather than physical or tangible effects: a moral victory; moral support.
Based on strong likelihood or firm conviction, rather than on the actual evidence: a moral certainty.
n.
The lesson or principle contained in or taught by a fable, a story, or an event.
A concisely expressed precept or general truth; a maxim.
morals Rules or habits of conduct, especially of sexual conduct, with reference to standards of right and wrong: a person of loose morals; a decline in the public morals.

and also "very fragile" ????

so if someone attacks a thing that has a great effect on your life by calling it meaningless, and in so dong calling all effects of said thing meaningless.. and therefore all your behaviour meaningless... therefore potentially your life meaningles.. and you know this not to be true oh and by the way you actually do have a conditon which means you react in a certain way (how about people getting frustrted when people don't think you are being honest, or beneficial, when of all the possible things you could be this is what you know yourself to be, or make light of difficulties they clearly don't understand and clearly don't want to understand but are happy to judge you for it anyway).

anway my point is

he may or may not have aspergers..
he may or may not be able to help the result of this condition

you are definitely a retard
quite clearly you have difficulty overcoming it

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gragt said:
Wizardry looks more and more appealing...

You haven't fucking played it already?
It's abandonware, man! PLAY!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom