Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Is Fallout 76 an RPG?

Yosharian

Arcane
Well,
You started with 1 on all stats.
That's a fair point, but that system itself is fucking decline too.

This is before we consider that the game is designed as a multiplayer shoot-fest slash Minecraft clone, not a game where you carefully observe corpses in case they're trapped. It's so out of place.

Yeah, stat-checks in Stalker would be out of place.
They're really new at this, we can tell.
Still waiting for them to add Charisma requirement to using emotes.
It's only fair. :lol:
It's somewhat ironic that a feature like this would be very welcome (even though doing it as a pop-up like that is really unappealing) in a proper Fallout game, and they choose to implement it in the multiplayer version of the series... fucking Bethesda, man.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Dying on purpose saves stimpacks. :lol:
THIS CANT BE REAL

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Just give Todd your fucking money and stop asking questions.
Todd at the next E3 or Bethesda "Con"-ference :

"Look we listened and we're trying to win back your trust. So I'd like to present our new game. It's called F...........ugghhhhh.....just fucking buy whatever we release."

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Dunno about the game quality but I noticed from youtube videos that in PVP other players are bullet sponges. Five bolt-action rifle hits to kill anyone?

My first thought when hearing about no NPCs was that it's meant to be like Ultima Online.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Dunno about the game quality but I noticed from youtube videos that in PVP other players are bullet sponges. Five bolt-action rifle hits to kill anyone?

My first thought when hearing about no NPCs was that it's meant to be like Ultima Online.
Apparently you take like 5% damage from other players until you fire back at them. So if you attack someone, they can just run up and line up a headshot with a shotgun and oneshot you. Really well made system.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Yeah, now this game is crap. Has Bethesda made a multiplayer rpg that doesn’t require online access? And I don’t think you could count Skynet and Battlespire at all. Maybe I should look at the reviews for Elderscrolls online. And to think they could have had that with their first TES game.
h3_tower.jpg

TES.net

Beastro

Arcane

I was gonna disagree until I read what they wrote.

Instead of the expected "Just focus on enjoying the spirit of the game and not simply completing content mindlessly. Dying is a part of every game. Yes it's annoying, but that's a part of playing any fun game and helps you struggle to win." instead "It's an effective way to get back full health when low". :negative:

Norfleet

Hah, respawning as a means of saving health is nothing compared to the shenanigans I've pulled in games, where I not only die, but I can win by deliberately losing, because intentionally throwing the match allows you to farm the participation reward without getting the daily lockout penalty, and is actually much faster and more efficient than winning.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Apparently you take like 5% damage from other players until you fire back at them. So if you attack someone, they can just run up and line up a headshot with a shotgun and oneshot you. Really well made system.

can you unload minigun at point blank and kill someone before they can react?

No, if you attack first it simply doesn't do enough damage unless they were close to death to begin with.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

can you unload minigun at point blank and kill someone before they can react?

Killing low-level players just to prove a point makes you incur a bounty, receiving full damage from everyone.

Disclaimer: I never played the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom