Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is Grim Fandango (boxed copy) rare?

Diggfinger

Arcane
Dear all,

I want to complete my collection with classic adventure games such as Escape from Monkey Island and Grim Fandango. Im old-school, so having the big box copies is always the best.

On amazon.co.uk I found a nice copy for 70 pounds:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...8&condition=collectible&qid=1393837414&sr=8-2

Is that overpriced? Compared to the other copies I found this seems like a quite good deal for this classic…hell, in a few years it will probably be worth 5x times this!
What do you guys think?

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think that's fairly typical for a boxed copy in good condition. You can generally get them a bit beaten up on eBay for cheaper though.

Diggfinger

Arcane
hell, in a few years it will probably be worth 5x times this!

Doesn't really work that way with video game prices.

Also amazon is a terrible place to get used games, everything is over priced as fuck and there is very little feedback. Just look on ebay for a copy.

I got screwed over once at Ebay and the "customer service/complaint centre" did jack-shit against the guy who stole 200$ from me. Sooo no. No more Ebay.

aris

Arcane

Wouldn't call it superior, but not bad either. Interestingly I understood pretty much everything he said, because almost everything he said was somehow almost completely equal to what the italian sentence would be. Strange, because normally I don't understand shit when I hear Portuguese, maybe it was because he was talking quite slowly.

Last edited:

racofer

Thread Incliner
Only boxed copies of good games are considered rarities and therefore worth something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom