Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is inquisition actually a bad game or do people just hate it because of the gay stuff?

SerratedBiz

Arcane
It's a faggot game, made by cocksuckers who were taking it up the ass when they made their gameplay decisions, designed with all sort of anus-pounding cockblocking checkpoints. The skills are fruity, the characters are cumgobblers and enemies are nothing short of ballmunchers.

I know nothing about any gay stuff, tho.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
1508744169683.jpg

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
The only use I got out of it was a timesink while waiting for other games.
Leave it to Bioware to make a game where you run a religious organization called "The Inquisition" have the most toothless and inoffensive story that is possible in the setting, whoever was responsible for the disney sing-a-long needs to be smacked really hard across the head with a rolled up newspaper.

Old Hans

Arcane
its not a terrible game, but its not a good rpg. the tactical system sucks horrible ass thanks to the frostbite engine. The areas you explore around are nice look though

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It's a faggot game, made by cocksuckers who were taking it up the ass when they made their gameplay decisions, designed with all sort of anus-pounding cockblocking checkpoints. The skills are fruity, the characters are cumgobblers and enemies are nothing short of ballmunchers.

I know nothing about any gay stuff, tho.
I think that's a plus in hivemind's book. He wants to ride the Bull.

Xeon

Augur
Story kinda sucks for the main game, they made the boss an imbecile after the first attack on the base, he doesn't do anything after that attack and you just win against him at every turn with no counters or repercussion for someone you should fear or something. Last DLC where they continue the main story started out pretty dumb but I somewhat liked it a little bit after the start, music was pretty good at the last minutes.

Game world looks really good, but quests sucks pretty bad, they feel very mmo like. Combat was alright for the most part but the camera was kinda shitty for M+K.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Its totally console oriented. I tried to play it on the pc and I couldnt even understand what was going on, during the combat. Its terrible.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It's a game with Inquisition in the title, yet at no point does the player ever do anything even remotely similar to what an inquisitor ought to do.

The writing is also completely shit, it reads like a tumblr fanfic, primarily because it was written by fat tumblrtards.

Hellion

Arcane
The first 10 or so hours of the game are possibly its worst part due to the blatant MMO design philosophy (almost all quests in the game's first area are "collect 10 bear pelts" or "capture 3 control points" or stuff like that), which makes sense considering that Inquisition was developed as an MMO at least for part of its initial development cycle.

After that it opens up a bit and you get to meet old characters from the previous games, which was nice. There's also the occasional "choice and consequence" during quests, especially when dealing with the whole Templars vs Chantry aspect of the plot. Putting the faggotry aside, all in all I'd say it was OK-ish as a Dragon Aids game.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Alright game, I liked playing an Inquisitor in a faux medieval setting, translation and gameplay were a bit shaky but it were a Czech game I think so I wasn't expecting a streamlined experience. Where else do you get to torture and kill deviants in modern piss weak games?

Deus Vult.

NatureOfMan

Educated
It was very boring for me and I just didn't like the zones/hubs having the sane quests over and over again. It felt like I was playing an MMO but hell even ESO had better and tougher quests like this. I can't speak for the characters and the way they were written because I do not remember a single one of them. There was the typical stronk womyn warrior with short hair and that's about it.

Mark Richard

Arcane
It's a functional singleplayer mmo. If you're into that, dive right in.
Don't know which to hate more - single-player RPGs that play like MMOs, or MMOs that play like single-player RPGs. Meshing these two opposing design philosophies has always produced a malformed hybrid whose very internal physiology is at war with itself, yet this particular hybrid has spread to every major RPG franchise. A whimpering lack of commitment paired with the belief that games should be all things to all people, has continually eroded what once made Dragon Age a promising series. Mass Effect and KOTOR couldn't escape either.

Inquisition has two sides that don't mix - the open world collectathon and the story-driven RPG. Every time the story starts to get interesting, the momentum comes to a screeching halt as players are asked to endure hours of repetitive MMO-like busywork well below the dignity of a king/queen, all to provide the illusion of content that the masses demand. The difference between those sides is night & day. Story locations have camerawork, a greater range of animation, choice & consequences, and better dialogue.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
Made on PC for PC.

At launch, KBM controls are absolutely hot garbage.

13 patches later... Yeah, still shit.

If the game wasn't a poorly made MMO, nobody would have made a stink about the shoehorned tranny.

As it was released, the content was barren and when that sort of shit is just carelessly thrown in, it gets some hate for good reason.

I didn't hate it because it was gay, I hated it because it was shit.

Xeon

Augur
There was a tranny?

Hope in the next game they will bring back the Architect and do a better job with him and don't ruin him. Would have been nice to find out a little more about the enchantment little guy instead of getting Adna or something.

Edit:
Ooh, just remembered. Bull's second or something.

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It's a shit game. MMO questing married to a singleplayer game with crap story, stupid characters, and lousy combat.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
It's complete shit, literally no redeeming features. A shitty MMO pretending to be a single player game. One of the first optional quests is literally killing wolves to bring back the pelts. Just like in World of Warcraft in 2005. Characters are impossibly bland they have absolutely nothing interesting to say. There is this character that is supposed to be this super cool necromancer noble from Tevinter and instead of talking about that he talks about how his daddy didn't love him. For some reason half the cast is bisexual. Story is always sucking your dick treating you like the chosen one.

There is a scene where everyone is singing in the snow after they got kicked from their base. My face was red from the secondhand embarrassment. Corypheus, the only somewhat interesting villain in the series returns from the DLC of 2, but doesn't do jack. Shit combat, forgettable music, bland artsyle.

:1/5:
I regret pirating it.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
boycotted
You mean boy-cotted, amirite?

cot
(kɒt)
vb, cots, cotting or cotted
dialect Midland English to entangle or become entangled

cot
(kɒt)
n.
1. a light portable bed, esp. one of canvas on a folding frame.
2. Brit. a child's crib.
3. a light bedstead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom