Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Is it gay to like Kingdom Hearts?

Sentinel

Arcane
Just curious. I'm trying to understand why people like this series so much. Is it mostly women and children? Or are the games actually good?

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
The only thing that’s gay to like is cock if you’re a man or pussy if you’re a woman.

Real answer: I played these games a lot as a kid and they’re like if final fantasy met Disney characters so that’s why a lot of people like them. As people in my generation get older and are thrown into this harsh world, we yearn as you do for a simpler time when we didn’t have to give a fuck and could play as Titus from FFX but with Donald Duck and Goofy in our party.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I remember playing one on the PS2 back when I was 8. Looking back it’s pretty gay.

Vorark

Erudite
The first one is a fun romp through classic Disney movies and Chain of Memories is a KH1 rehash with card-based battle system. KH2 was the one that turned the story into the trainwreck it is nowadays, though people say its complete version has great arpg combat.

No idea about the rest.

Hassar

Scholar
Being gay is awesome. KH is not. I initially was excited about the idea of FF characters meeting Disney characters and having adventures. But the horrible execution (i.e. Nomura’s terrible original character designs, overly confusing and vapid storyline, waste of the Disney IP, etc etc) quickly convinced me otherwise. I think if the roles were reversed, with Disney designing the gameplay and story, this could have been a great series.

Xeon

Augur
I loved KH when I was a kid, tried watching some streams when KH3 was about to come out, kinda cringed.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Kingdom Hearts is gay, but it's not gay to like Kingdom Hearts. It's like how John Waters is gay, but it's not gay to enjoy Serial Mom.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Tokyo Mirage Sessions aka SMT x Fire Emblem is far worse.
Tokyo-Mirage-Sessions-FE-630x354.jpg

Alphons

Cipher
It depends
if you get hard when looking at male characters, then it's pretty gay.

If you don't, then it's just gay.

Nathir

Liturgist
I've never played a KH game in my life, but I watched some clips when that new one was released a year (?) ago. It looked like the most gay anime bullshit you can think of. So I'd say yes.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions aka SMT x Fire Emblem is far worse.

**Ackshully the gameplay is incredibly fun and good as far as turn based JRPG's go. And the story is pretty decent too.**

> Every dweeb on the megaten reddit when you say something negative about their shitty VN.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
If you’re able to follow the plot past the 2nd game, then you must be gayer then 10 peacock dress wearing pride dancers who pay money to little boys as they perform a strip tease and volunteer on the weekends to conduct lgbt readings at libraries. Liking the 1st game makes you bi curious at best, its ok to experiment to find out who you are. But if you still like the series after the 2nd game and even dabbled with the supplementary titles then you cannot deny your raging desire for penis any longer.

biggestboss

Liturgist
I think I'm going to pick up the game "Tokyo Mirage Sessions"

EDIT: Never mind.

Last edited:

Puukko

Arcane
I hear once you've been a member for 5 years, you get access to the hidden Kingdom Hearts forum that the rest of the site is just a front for. Can't wait!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom