Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is the Administration remotely interested in making a Codex-only RPGOTY poll?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What are you talking about? The Administration is barely interested in the Codex at all.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't know why people ask this
It's not life or death, just wanted to have a poll that ensures everyone voting is from the codex, and everyone votes only once. I don't know how good your methods are of preventing vote manipulation.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Codexers were even more casual than lurkers
When you think about it, people who don't have time or inclination to post on the codex are more probable to like incline games than people who have the spare time and the autism levels, and/or want to live out their "I'm an old-school gamer" fantasy.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I don't know why people ask this
It's not life or death, just wanted to have a poll that ensures everyone voting is from the codex, and everyone votes only once. I don't know how good your methods are of preventing vote manipulation.
I think you have absolutely no idea of how many alts people have here... it's probably harder to detect double-votes in a Codex-only poll like we did last time.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I think you have absolutely no idea of how many alts people have here... it's probably harder to detect double-votes in a Codex-only poll like we did last time.
No, I really don't, and "I'm too old for this shit" really. But how many would you say? 20-30% of all active posters? It shouldn't be that bad. I thought the administration deletes alts.

Bohr

Arcane
It's definitely easier to just click on a google form a few times than to run multiple alts though, and not everyone is dumb enough to make multiple identical votes in a short space of time. Given it's a forum packed with autists who like numbers going up and exploiting systems, I wonder how many people are actually voting only once? Safav not tempted to... amplify his opinion on Deadfire a bit?

Makes it hard to draw conclusions really, even the idea of lurkers being more "hardcore" could be skewed by fanatics voting multiple times for their favourite game.

Guess it'll generate some butthurt either way though, even if perhaps not at the AoD vs Underrail - or PoE1 - levels.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Given it's a forum packed with autists who like numbers going up and exploiting systems
:bro:

I voted twice, because I forgot to mark my vote for KCD the first time. But the second time, I skipped the first screens and only put a vote for KCD and for no other games, so I don't distort the final data.

Autism works both ways.

Delterius

Arcane
Codexers were even more casual than lurkers
When you think about it, people who don't have time or inclination to post on the codex are more probable to like incline games than people who have the spare time and the autism levels, and/or want to live out their "I'm an old-school gamer" fantasy.
or today's lurkers are potential posters from class 2020 who haven't yet gone through their edgy shitposting phase

Mortmal

Arcane

Mortmal

Arcane
Dreed, at the first opportunity i'll pay some thugs to cut of your fingers and cauterize the wounds with a blowpipe, then we will have a typing and spelling contest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom