Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline It has begun. Or has it?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Is that true ?
Yes.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...rgeted-by-sjws-forced-to-quit-his-job.123574/

Seems Hobgobelin was harassed to the point of leaving the dex too, was anything done to the people who sent him hate message in PM ?
"Harassed"? He tried to threw out JF, but JF became an hero first. Infi swept under the rug everything.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/codex-is-still-mad-about-jarlfrank.124449/

Last edited:

Bohr

Arcane
Seems Hobgobelin was harassed to the point of leaving the dex too, was anything done to the people who sent him hate message in PM ?
Was that why he left? Given he self-ejected back when that collage of his political posts was being spread from the Watch to QT3 and other places I thought he'd just ejected to start putting more distance between himself and his somewhat 'controversial' past posting history. Guess I missed something.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Do not believe this!

This is a common tactic to find people guilty of wrong-think and heresy.

After all the anti-Infinitron posters voice their heresy, Infinitron will return and begin the cleansing of the codex.

I for one think Infinitron is a great administrator and I look forward to his magnificent return.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah because the Soviet Union was known for it's freedom of speech and free movement.
There is an old Soviet joke.
American tells Russian: "We have a free speech in the US! I could walk to White House and say aloud that President Reagan is a faggot!"
Russian harrumphs:"We also have freedom of speech! I can walk to Red Square and say aloud that Reagan is a faggot too!"

Ocelot570

Educated
Sure people can say terrible things like racial slurs and ridicule people with disabilities, but it should not be said. If something is out of a person's control, then do not worry for it is out of your control. Just try to make the codex better by critiquing the rpgs that come out in relation to what the good rpgs were in the past. Mindless shouting about absolute freedom on an rpg website seems pointless. You may not like how Beamdog has a transgender person in Siege of Dragonspear or some other thing, but look past it go outside and enjoy the life we have for there are far more important things than video games or a website about those games. I bid you all a blessed rest of the year.

Sure people can say terrible things like racial slurs and ridicule people with disabilities, but it should not be said. If something is out of a person's control, then do not worry for it is out of your control. Just try to make the codex better by critiquing the rpgs that come out in relation to what the good rpgs were in the past. Mindless shouting about absolute freedom on an rpg website seems pointless. You may not like how Beamdog has a transgender person in Siege of Dragonspear or some other thing, but look past it go outside and enjoy the life we have for there are far more important things than video games or a website about those games. I bid you all a blessed rest of the year.

I see you are new here.

Grimlorn

Arcane
I guess I won't be needing this anymore. :shittydog:

WKrBUJH.jpg
Some version of this should be his new avatar.
sfh2k7.jpg

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
My 2 cents:

As much as I agree with a lot of what slumlord was saying in that thread, throwing around racial slurs is too much. I really don't want to visit here and see that kind of language in every post (or any post really), it's super offensive and banning people like that really is necessary.

Then go to literally every other website that polices language for thought crime, nigger.

What you censorship craving faggots fail to understand is that quality posts/content come from creativity, censorship induces self-censorship which is the death of creativity. Eg: if every time I stop to write a guide/analysis I have to worry "are my words going to make some faggot butthurt and get me banned?" I simply won't even bother. And that's the same for everyone.

It's quite telling that the people who call for censorship are always the ones whose posts aren't worth reading, so they don't even have a clue on how creativity works.

I'm not for censorship on the Codex, because that's its schtick. It's a living cesspool where you can interact with some social retards with an unwarranted sense of importance, and that's somewhat unique.

Besides the cesspool that inevitably flocks to places with lax moderation, there are some good posters (and a few bros) here that make the place worth visiting, and the off discussion of RPGs with people of similar tastes.

But you're not one of those good posters. You fucking suck. I've yet to see you add something worth reading to any discussion.

The fact that you somehow correlate "creativity" with the ability to say weave "nigger" in your speech and the way you talk about making forum posts like it's some kind of art ("don't even have a clue on how creativity works" - wut) is on par with how much of a garbage edgelord waste of human (?) life you are. Off yourself*.

*From this website. For legal purposes I must clarify that GayLussac does not condone suicide.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There is only one way to settle this.

Trial by Combat

God Will decide the Victor

Gather ur team men and we shall meet online in a Quake tournament.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Who? Some not fun and boorish kid from 4-chan got banned? When? Why? Who cares? But seriously if Infinitron did the same thing he did to Comrade Irenaeus proving that szalámitaktika exists on this site he should be dropped from the Adminstratrum before Codex becomes another GAF/Resetera/Redit/4chan etc... He can still make his '''newsman'' shtick without Admin privileges. For the NPCs who want censorship: Go alone dressed as woman to nearest refugee center you deserve the rape, cancer, tax audit and to play Fallout 76 and its not about him being Juice or about nigger word you brainwashed faggots.

Last edited:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Then go to literally every other website that polices language for thought crime, nigger.

What you censorship craving faggots fail to understand is that quality posts/content come from creativity, censorship induces self-censorship which is the death of creativity. Eg: if every time I stop to write a guide/analysis I have to worry "are my words going to make some faggot butthurt and get me banned?" I simply won't even bother. And that's the same for everyone.

It's quite telling that the people who call for censorship are always the ones whose posts aren't worth reading, so they don't even have a clue on how creativity works.

It mostly makes you appear immature. There is a significant difference between censorship and decency, and being decent doesn’t mean limiting your creativity. Rather, I should say that using slurs wily-nily is just a way to hide a dearth of creativity. Of course, I imagine that swearing every three words will make you look creative to an audience of teenagers.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Finally has this cesspit of alt-right anime race realists being cleansed by someone with no tolerance for casual lack of any respect whatsoever towards what a person is hardly responsible for ie. being black, Jewish, gay, vegan, into RTwP, etc.
Oh you! :lol:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
There is a significant difference between censorship and decency, and being decent doesn’t mean limiting your creativity.
It goes both ways, I've seen some really nasty stuff on the Codex which somehow weren't censored even though they would be on almost any other forum (I don't want to give examples because it would trigger more of such things). And in the first place we would have to decide what "decent" means. Some shitskin will say that posting a picture of a pig or a dog is indecent, some faggot that saying someone is disgusted by faggots, some nigger that calling him black is indecent, some Pole that calling him a potato is indecent, etc.
It mostly makes you appear immature.
Your mum is immature.
The above posted for example and hyperbole only, I have nothing but respect for your mother but that phrase is often used on the Codex and nobody cares.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
These kids are simply too dumb to understand their values are NOT universal and "decency" can be defined a billion ways, but it all comes down to "protecting feelings from being hurt by mean people on the internet". If you want censorship here do yourself a favor and get you T Levels checked. They are below 300 mg/dl , trust me on that :smug:

TL;DR: men aren't hurt by words on a computer screen OR by the opinions of people on the internet.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom