Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software It's another Demon's Souls thread god damnit

sullynathan

Arcane
did you even play demons souls?

Yeah back when most of codex ignored it because it was consoletard game at release.
It is a shame that initial online concept devolved into current online.
how the hell did you come to the conclusion that it's online was superior to the rest?

Because served as part of single player experience rather than being shitty fedora duelists all around fagging about no use of estus flasks and other shit which is common these days.

Back on release when you found red phantom you could only expect getting hurt because there were almost no faggots who would proudly duel you instead of being very hard blockade you had to breach like developers intended.
Same reason why people were summoned to fight with yellow turban head.

While other souls games still have some single player enhancement it is clear that whole concept transformed to full on standard multiplayer pvp focus. Especially with DS2 and DS3 and BB.

Initial concept was that of GM which is bored looking at same game and throws firework into game to stir shit up to make game more interesting. You don't know how you will meet other players, maybe they will be boss maybe they will be just red phantoms etc. Which is why that concept was awesome.

Naturally instead of further enhancing single player content with multiplayer elements they instead started to look for more standard multplayer stuff.

And let's not forget that in DeS you don't have bonfires every 5 seconds so getting red phantom was huge thing as in case of death it probably meant you had to do whole level all over again.
so in reality, it's not actually better than the online in the other games and you're actually retarded? got it.

sullynathan

Arcane
So starting Demon's Souls again on a fresh older PS3 since Devil May Cry is very painful. The best way to play the game is without NG+, so let's hope this time it isn't super glitched and I don't fall through the floor while World Tendency doesn't work.

Vorark

Erudite
Why Sony couldn't remaster Demon's Soul instead of interactive movies like Uncharted. RPCS3 runs it so poorly. :negative:

praetor

Arcane
He does have a point though about the bonfires tho. If you get at the end of Latria you have to go through all this shit again.
That also means that you'll be wasting each other's time more trying to find one another or fleeing, the loser being sent back to the checkpoint and the winner probably hurt enough to need to do the same.

That's supposing the original PvP in DeS was straightforward, without twinkers, griefers, tryhards and people who only play PvP 24/7. Because in all Souls vast majority of invaders have always been people who blast through the game once and then only invade for the next few years, meaning an Average Joe is virtually always gonna get crushed. And I don't believe that for a minute. I'm 100% certain even in DeS there were PvP tryhards camping the spots before final bosses, griefing regular players and sending them back at the start. And if they lose 1 match out of 20 it's still more than worth it. That's exactly how it worked in DS1, 2 and 3.

it was even worse as twinks could delevel you, the scraping spear was a thing, the game is incredibly unbalanced and full of insanely OP glitches (to this day, like running firestorm). it was always a clusterfuck. but back then, there was nothing else like it so it was okay

also, as usual, Perkel is full of shit. there were fight clubs in 4-1 like a week after release, and people were making optimised builds very very soon after. and he presents the improvements made to the multiplayer experience in every single way (netcode, invasion and summoning mechanics, weapon/armour/stat balance [how the fuck is this a bad thing? more builds being good is a good thing, especially since it has no bearing on PvE] etc) as some implications of catering to some PvP centric brocore demographic with who knows what, when nothing could be further from the truth

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I've been a happy console owner for about 30 mins guise. The fucking thing just wouldn't start. I guess something broke during the post office transport (ours PO is notorious). Luckily the guy that sold me the piece of scrap over the local variant of eBay gave me a full refund, what a nice guy.

I hope everybody at Sony responsible for blocking the remaster get crippling diabetes.

I've been a happy console owner for about 30 mins guise. The fucking thing just wouldn't start. I guess something broke during the post office transport (ours PO is notorious). Luckily the guy that sold me the piece of scrap over the local variant of eBay gave me a full refund, what a nice guy.

I hope everybody at Sony responsible for blocking the remaster get crippling diabetes.

What model did you buy? People often say the Slim is the best model, but i'd get a Super Slim simply because they're newer. Got mine brand new in 2013, still perfect. I also would say that Demon's Souls isn't worth a console purchase alone, but Nier, Ninja Gaiden, Metal Gear, etc does if you have any interest.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What model did you buy? People often say the Slim is the best model, but i'd get a Super Slim simply because they're newer. Got mine brand new in 2013, still perfect. I also would say that Demon's Souls isn't worth a console purchase alone, but Nier, Ninja Gaiden, Metal Gear, etc does if you have any interest.

It was just PS3 Slim.

Nier and Ninja Gaiden are too anime, too goofy and too arcadey for me. I honestly envy people who enjoy the arcadey style, there's so much to choose from. As for the more realistic, grounded aRPG, there's only the Souls series (and not even all of it coz DS3 is garbage) and Lords of the Fallen. Even Nioh is already too fast and furious for my taste. Plus seems like Sekiro keeps the speed creep trend, seems just as fast as Nioh. So sad.

Too bad the emulator version is not playable in practice, due to the stupid shader problem. I'm not giving up tho, will keep trying, there are a lot of ppl selling old PS3s.

cruel

Cipher
You can also play SMT Nocturne and Ni no Kuni on ps3, so it's much more than one game. Also RDR1 if you like those kind of games. Nier also must play, it's not animu at all imo

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

sullynathan

Arcane
PS3 has a shit ton of exclusives so investing in it isn't a bad thing, hell that's why I still have one in 2018. Unfortunately PS4 has no backwards compatability either.

Alkarl

Learned
Way of The Samurai 3 & 4
Fun games. Half the reason I own a PS3 (the other half being Demon's Souls)

Perkel

Arcane
Deamon's Souls is fully playable and works great on RCPS3 emulator.
Though you need fast 4 core cpu something like i5-3570K@4,5Ghz and mediacore gpu.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Demon's Souls is fully playable and works great on RCPS3 emulator.
:incline:

Ee6NGcp.jpg

Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended,
so the world might be mended.

Soul of the mind, key to life's ether.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
So the world might be mended.

It was just PS3 Slim.

Nier and Ninja Gaiden are too anime, too goofy and too arcadey for me. I honestly envy people who enjoy the arcadey style, there's so much to choose from. As for the more realistic, grounded aRPG, there's only the Souls series (and not even all of it coz DS3 is garbage) and Lords of the Fallen. Even Nioh is already too fast and furious for my taste. Plus seems like Sekiro keeps the speed creep trend, seems just as fast as Nioh. So sad.

Too bad the emulator version is not playable in practice, due to the stupid shader problem. I'm not giving up tho, will keep trying, there are a lot of ppl selling old PS3s.

Don't think the first Ninja Gaiden is anime at all, it's as anime as Souls. Nier has some JRPG tropes, but it's pretty mature overall, the protagonist is a middle aged ugly fucker and it's one of the best stories and soundtracks i have experienced in gaming, if not the best. Nier Automata is animu shit tho.

Last edited:
Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 are possibly the greatest 3D action games ever made +M

First one is greatest the imo, combat is amazing but it also have a great sense of adventure. I don't like the second one, although i only played the Sigma version. It's 15h of non stop combat, and while it's probably the best combat engine ever, it gets tiresome really fast if you're not a hardcore fan of the genre.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
If only Ninja Gaiden 3 had the structure and aesthetic of NG1 and gameplay of NG2 :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom