Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance Jagged Alliance 2, Temple of Elemental Evil & Silent Storm Retrospectives

Which game has the best tactics?

• Jagged Alliance 2

• Silent Storm

• Temple of Elemental Evil

Results are only viewable after voting.
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
That this franchise has not been properly continued/remade is unfuckingbelievable

Franchises don't matter anymore once the original devs have moved on.

biggestboss

Liturgist
Franchises don't matter anymore once the original devs have moved on.
ioN5Zq.png

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
No concrete plans at this point.

My blog covers the original and authoritative versions, first and foremost.

I'm currently busy polishing preexisting content in order to push my blog ever-higher in Google rankings.

When I'm done my blog will be no. 1, I will go down in history as the greatest commentator for GOAT RPGs, and I will rub that in the faces of anyone who ever doubted my abilities.

Acknowledge my agenda, and despair.

Will Zurmacht

Educated
The enthusiasm of this JA2 blog prompted me to try and finish the game once and for all.

However I noticed while planning the run with both the wiki and your charts open that many of the mercs in your chart have wrong traits listed, like camo when they actually have throwing, auto weapons when they actually have teaching, Raven with on-roof or whatever.

:negative:

Also Reaper has good stats but I've seen multiple versions of his bio quote ranging from he likes to look in victims' eyes to he likes to spit in their eyes. I could justify the former but would never use such a tasteless fag who would do the latter.

:negative:

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
If you're going to report an inaccuracy or error, please do so with expliciteness.

My data is taken from 1.12 files and the character sheet screencaps are taken from the 1.12 game.

Will Zurmacht

Educated
Therein lies the rub. I don't know who to trust!

I want to follow your charts because of color coding, highlighting of key stats and other features. But when e.g. Blood's skills are listed in your chart as auto weapons and camo, when both the wiki and Blood's ingame 1.12 personnel screen show throwing and martial arts as his skills, one begins to despair of incline JA2 one stop shopping.

Then there's the Reaper muddle, where his skills are listed as stealthy and on-roof, but according to the wiki Reaper only gains the exceedingly rare on-roof in post 1.12 expansions.

Then there's the curious case of Conrad, who has the same inaccurate set of auto weapons and camo (copy paste or autofill? he's also the second entry in a chart segment, like Blood), and even your listed skills differ from your personnel picture for him, which has auto weapons and teaching instead.

Et cetera ex nihilo ad infinitum. With some careful editing, along with the option of sorting by name, stats, etc. your charts could be the GOAT planning resource hands down.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Fixed the errors I could find, thanks for being explicit.

With some careful editing, along with the option of sorting by name, stats, etc. your charts could be the GOAT planning resource hands down.

Sounds like too much work, sorry, but I've added extra heading rows to improve readability.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Dear RPG Codex,

Well, it's been a while. I've now set myself up as THE champion crusader for the big 3 tactical RPGs of the glorious Renaissance era, namely Jagged Alliance 2, Silent Storm and Temple of Elemental Evil.

Let no one doubt my cultivated palate, my monocled taste, my resolve.

Let no one doubt that my "salespitches" for these games are better than anyone elses: I bring the GOAT to the unwashed masses.

Let the shitposters that are lost in the shuffle quake at the knees and despair at my ever-increasing Google penetrance/influence. Lilura1: butthurt generator par excellence.

Behead, dismember and quarter any shit-kicking stinky horse manure smelling muthafuckers that insult these games based on degenerate current gen fads, trends and "sensibilities."

A big FUCK YOU also goes out to Poncefinder:Cuckmaker fans and Larian'tards. It's impossible for you fags to ever get on my level.

Kind regards,

Lilura.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Dear RPG Codex,

Well, it's been a while. I've now set myself up as THE champion crusader for the big 3 tactical RPGs of the glorious Renaissance era, namely Jagged Alliance 2, Silent Storm and Temple of Elemental Evil.

Let no one doubt that my "salespitches" for these games are better than anyone elses: I bring the GOAT to the unwashed masses.

Let the shitposters that are lost in the shuffle quake at the knees and despair at my ever-increasing Google penetrance/influence. Lilura1: butthurt generator par excellence.

Behead, dismember and quarter any shit-kicking stinky horse manure smelling muthafuckers that insult these games based on degenerate current gen fads, trends and "sensibilities."

A big FUCK YOU also goes out to Poncefinder:Cuckmaker fans and Larian'tards. It's impossible for you fags to ever get on my level.

Kind regards,

Lilura.

You're treating this hobby of yours much too seriously.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Dear RPG Codex,

Kind regards,

Lilura.
New game bad

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I have the luxury of treating my hobbies semi-srsly. I've posted >30 write-ups for ToEE in the last two weeks, for example. What have you done other than shitpost against me in an impotent and pettily spiteful manner on a consistent basis?

Think about this, too. Almost every commentator on my level (that is, with a non-trivial viewership of, say, 5,000 hits per day) MONETIZES their blog/channel and takes themselves super-srsly whereas my commentary is ads-free and bereft of donate begging.

If I took YOU srsly, I could reply to you on my blog (where I'd get more views + the final word), but you are beneath contempt and a waste of time.

Daidre

Arcane
I have the luxury of treating my hobbies semi-srsly. I've posted >30 write-ups for ToEE in the last two weeks, for example. What have you done other than shitpost against me in an impotent and pettily spiteful manner on a consistent basis?

Think about this, too. Almost every commentator on my level (that is, with a non-trivial viewership of, say, 5,000 hits per day) MONETIZES their blog/channel and takes themselves super-srsly whereas my commentary is ads-free and bereft of donate begging.

Yeah imagine all those people hitting your blog on BG3-announcement hype, finding there 30+ write-ups on the game that even many fans of the genre no longer care about + some claims that 95% of BG 2 fans are despicable retards with a bad taste and leave promptly never to be seen again.

Daidre

Arcane
some claims that 95% of BG 2 fans are despicable retards with a bad taste and leave promptly never to be seen again.
the fate of all BG2 fans - a kick in the ass out the door!
Yeah Lidura really should express her feeling toward BG 2 and its fandom right at the first welcoming page of her blog. It should totally increase respect for her in RPG community tenfold!

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Cosmo

I see you gave me a participation award. Thank you. I also received one from Google for TRENDING pages.

golden%2Bchalice.jpg

Imagine that!

On Valentine's Day, my blog was bursting with animated love-hearts as well. Not sure if you noticed.

Anyway, I hope to receive many more PAs from useless shitposters such as yourself in the future.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You could always skyrocket the stats further by posting a picture of your face wearing a Corona-blocking mask. :positive:

The Avatar

Pseudodragon Studios
Developer
I would go with Temple of Elemental Evil just because there is more variety for the player. Jagged Alliance's tactics amount to "Shoot stuff", "lay down on the floor and shoot stuff", or "Climb on a roof and shoot stuff". Why can't there be a D&D game with cover and height?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I would go with Temple of Elemental Evil just because there is more variety for the player. Jagged Alliance's tactics amount to "Shoot stuff", "lay down on the floor and shoot stuff", or "Climb on a roof and shoot stuff". Why can't there be a D&D game with cover and height?
I laugh at you with my 0 marksman Merc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom