Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Japanese life simulator I & II coming to Steam, PS4 and ONE later this year

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane

inb4 "But comrade, why isn't this on the weaboo subforum?" Because this shit is not a j-rpg goddamit

ortucis

Prophet
Finally. I've wanted to play these games for a long time, especially after so much hype around them.

Pioneering Dreamcast classics available for the first time on PC
Updated user interface
Choice of modern or classic controls
Japanese audio available for the first time for a global audience
Fully scalable screen resolutions

No visual upgrades other than resolution. I'm sure people will release texture mods. Other than that, visuals remind me of DeusEx (poly count on characters).

wyes gull

Savant
Hopefully 1 retains that horrible dub that makes it sound like a 80's kung fu movie. Can't wait to get back on the forklift.

deama

Prophet
Finally. I've wanted to play these games for a long time, especially after so much hype around them.

Updated user interface

No visual upgrades other than resolution. I'm sure people will release texture mods. Other than that, visuals remind me of DeusEx (poly count on characters).
Did you ever try the dreamcast emulator? You can even increase the native resolution.

ortucis

Prophet

Updated user interface

Did you ever try the dreamcast emulator? You can even increase the native resolution.

Nah. I do play games on emulator's for PS, NeoGeo and NES, but honestly, it's a pain in the arse to configure/tweak them.

That and there aren't really many Dreamcast games I care about, so I waited patiently forever for these games on PC. So yay? :lol:

Also, proper M+K support is a bonus. Fucking hate gamepad for 3rd person/FPS games on emulators (and their PC controls suck).

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Waited for almost twenty years, but will finally get to play shenmue 2! :dance:

Though strangely, the idea of seeking it out on emulators never occured to me. I guess deep down i knew this day would come.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom