Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Jay Wilson Apologizes for "Fuck That Loser" Comment

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
No big surprise about the heavy handed moderation. They don't really need any kind of justification. I once posted 'Nerf Warriors' in response to one of the WoW developers quotes and received a week long ban.

Stabwound

Arcane
Fuck that loser. Fuck him for giving us Diablo 3 beta for $60. The game needed about another year of work, except they released it as a beta and are slowly patching in the things that should have been there from day one.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
People can say what they want about me, but I don't take lightly when they disparage the commitment and passion of the Diablo III team.

Followed promptly by ego-less and enlightened Jay Wilson's War&Peace-sized post about himself and his excuses. It will make you cry, it will make you laugh, it will be an exhilarating rollercoaster that will force you to look deeply inside yourself, but in the end, having finished reading all that, you will be a better person.

Almost as good as Jay Wilson himself.

Phelot

Arcane
So what is Blizzards END OF RINE gonna be? I'd go with "You're walking on THIN ICE!" Get it? BECAUSE THEIR NAME IS BLIZZARD!

And and if the mod is Asian we could all go "ROUR ARE RALKING ON RIN RICE!"

It got really quiet all of a sudden...

Childish insults followed by a cringe-worthy "apology", and a straight-out admission that the game has "major problems", even that "sales mean nothing", from the *lead designer* of a game by *Blizzard Entertainment*.
:what:
I thought Blizzard had only become money-hungry soulless customer-enslaving profit-maximizers. I had no idea it was this bad.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't know Jay Wilson, but I hate him and what he stands for.

Micmu

Magister
Blizzard adopted the Ubi$oft model of treating their customers. Brilliant. :salute:
Those slimy scumbags, why do they bitch so much? Why can't they just shut up and give us their money. Do we really need them? Fuck those losers.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
What a disgusting man-child. I mean it. I feel bad for him and I hope and pray that he re-evaluates what is important in his life - namely his family and wife over some cut-rate APRG.

Now PST2 on the other hand...

Marsal

Arcane
Guess someone at Kotaku reads prestigious Codex forums.

http://kotaku.com/5938182/diablo-iii-developer-insult-saga-continues

Kotaku said:
Anthony Davis, formerly of Obsidian fame, currently employed by TimeGate Studios, had some choice words for Jay Wilson earlier today via an RPG forum post. "What a disgusting man-child. I mean it. I feel bad for him and I hope and pray that he re-evaluates what is important in his life". These pretty strong words come after Jay Wilson's apology for his Facebook post in which he rudely dismissed an opinion of an ex-Blizzard employee and Diablo creator David Brevik. What is it with these developers, being so feisty all of a sudden? We don't know, but it does make our days a bit interesting. Keep it up, guys!

It's like nothing is private anymore...

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Funny hearing that from another developer. :lol:

Also, I don't recommend opening that link. :(

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wow. Could maybe the article be amended with the ban screenshots?

DemonKing

Arcane
I don't get it - the original Blizzard North's guy's criticism was pretty tame in the first place - bascially "I would have done things differently". There must be something wrong with you if you can't take that on the chin, but I guess we are talking about someone that despatched his pregnant wife interstate to play a video game for a week and isn't bright enough to think before hitting enter.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I don't care about Blizzard, this guy, or D3 but the crying over one silly coment of 'fuck you loser' is hilarious. Though I never even ehard that this was a meme or about this issue til this thread.

The only losers are the pieces of shitwho feel the need to cry over someone saying something liek this to someone else.

I agree he shouldn't have apologized at all since he did nothing worth apologizing for.

Fuck you, losers. :D

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
meh, I probably shouldn't have said cut-rate. The game took 11 years and God knows how much money. I don't think that can qualify as cut-rate.

My original point that he is a a terrible person for ditching his pregnant wife and work for a week to play Diablo 2 still stands.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
O RLY? Pregant wives are now cripples that need to be babysat 24/7?

Yet, somehow pregnant women somehow manage to have babies just fine with the father over seas fighting wars, going on long business trips, and a host of other things.

I don't know how his relationship with his wife really is (neither do anyone blasting him for it) but I doubt she was a complete invalid. Or are you the type of person who feel women are incapable of taking care of themselves? Wow.

I'm sure she managed to survive just fine.

Mountain out of a molehill just so the internet gangz can feel proud bashing someone for such a trivial thing that she probably long forgot (depending on how their relationship is now).

The Internet. The palce where people feel self righteous enough to judge others over such silly garabge without knowing anything about the situation. Not to mention the whole hyperbole bullshit it runs on.

OMG THis guy is a fukkkin' evil person because he said or did something you disapproved of. L0LZ

p.s. i'M GUILTY OF IT TOO SO IT'S ALL KEWL.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Volourn senses the impending doom of his favored game developer and is seeking a new master to serve.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
KL0L I don't givee a shit about Blizzard or the Diablo series. Haven't played D2 or D3 at all. And, I remmeber of D1 was it a fun silly game I played for a couple of days with my bro on a console decades ago. FUCK YEAH!

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
One can only hope that this whole thing isn't over yet. Shit's hilarious.

Also, I'm glad that even though I haven't touched D3 for about 2 months now, and that I own neither a facebook nor a twitter account, my beloved codex still manages to deliver all this drama. Didn't even hear about the whole situation before. I love you codex.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
O RLY? Pregant wives are now cripples that need to be babysat 24/7?

Yet, somehow pregnant women somehow manage to have babies just fine with the father over seas fighting wars, going on long business trips, and a host of other things.

I don't know how his relationship with his wife really is (neither do anyone blasting him for it) but I doubt she was a complete invalid. Or are you the type of person who feel women are incapable of taking care of themselves? Wow.

I'm sure she managed to survive just fine.

Mountain out of a molehill just so the internet gangz can feel proud bashing someone for such a trivial thing that she probably long forgot (depending on how their relationship is now).

The Internet. The palce where people feel self righteous enough to judge others over such silly garabge without knowing anything about the situation. Not to mention the whole hyperbole bullshit it runs on.

OMG THis guy is a fukkkin' evil person because he said or did something you disapproved of. L0LZ

p.s. i'M GUILTY OF IT TOO SO IT'S ALL KEWL.

Yeah, sending your wife away so you can play Diablo 2 is obviously the same as fighting a war. :lol:

Esquilax

Arcane
Yeah, this is the responsible guy you want leading your team alright.

Truly, it's little moments like this that allow you to really see someone's character. It's sort of like how if you're on a date and the girl you're with is being a bitch to the server, she almost certainly sucks as a person. I'm not surprised that a man who makes an entitled, supremely arrogant response to a series of innocuous comments (said to the guy he and his team basically owe their jobs to) would end up sucking horribly as a human being.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
It is revolting how this notpology is directed towards fans and people on the internet and not to the person he insulted (for the offense of criticising a game he worked on).

The gaming industry is really pathetic.

The gestapo moderation on the Blizz boards is mind-boggling, what the fuck.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Also.
NEqXr.jpg

Abandon ship, this is going to be quite a wreck.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6397900643

jay wilson had user shaman banned for calling him out on skipping out on work and his family. here is the post in question.

http://i.imgur.com/akvKz.png

and here is the banned message

http://i.imgur.com/3LZoZ.png

we all know how emotional he gets over his work, i'm not surprised he would do/ have someone do this for him over a simple forum post.

"Simple forum post" you know ppl commit suicide on a daily bases because of harrasment over forum posts and facebook posts. That stuff is dangerous.

Serves him right.

bioware_logo.gif
or
blizzard-logo-small.gif

WHICH IS BETTER AND WHY?

Stinger

Arcane
Does being suspended from the Battle.net forums affect your ability to access games like with that one guy on BSN?

I mean if not it's not as awful as it could be and certainly not as bad as Bioware. The guy doesn't need the forums- fuck those losers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom