Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Jay Wilson Apologizes for "Fuck That Loser" Comment

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
O RLY? Pregant wives are now cripples that need to be babysat 24/7?

Yet, somehow pregnant women somehow manage to have babies just fine with the father over seas fighting wars, going on long business trips, and a host of other things.
Snip...

Yeah, sending your wife away so you can play Diablo 2 is obviously the same as fighting a war. :lol:

Looking on the bright side, at least he was fighting on a winning side. :lol:

waywardOne

Arcane
Corporate Headquarters
Activision Blizzard, Incorporated
3100 Ocean Park Boulevard
Santa Monica, California 90405
(310) 255-2000

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
To be honest, I don't really get the butthurt. Someone calls someone's game shit, the other someone tells the guy to fuck off because he wants to defend his team. He apologises for the comment later on.

What does it matter anymore, the guy apologised, who gives a fuck. Or maybe you people are just pissed because you actually spent your money on the game even though you knew about all the changes and the always-online requirement and are now trying to make yourselves feel better through some weird catharsis in which you yell "no-life" and "fat" at some guy. Good luck with all that, I'm sure spending hours of the day raging about this will get back all the time you wasted on the game.

To be honest, I don't really get the butthurt. Someone calls someone's game shit, the other someone tells the guy to fuck off because he wants to defend his team. He apologises for the comment later on.

What does it matter anymore, the guy apologised, who gives a fuck. Or maybe you people are just pissed because you actually spent your money on the game even though you knew about all the changes and the always-online requirement and are now trying to make yourselves feel better through some weird catharsis in which you yell "no-life" and "fat" at some guy. Good luck with all that, I'm sure spending hours of the day raging about this will get back all the time you wasted on the game.

Have you listened to the interview? Brevik did not call Diablo 3 shit. He just gave his opinion and was polite (and he mostly said what the people were saying since Diablo 3 came out). And these assholes started insulting the man, although he did not insult them. They are "professionals"? And if you read the "apology" you will see that it's just a "damage control" stunt and a PR speech of how he will continue to make the game "great", as he apologizes to the fans, not to the man he insulted. Not to mention disgusting remarks how he is "crazy, dedicated Diablo fan" as he sent away his pregnant wife and took a week off his job to be able to play it as that is something meaningful to the quality of his work on Diablo 3 and something positive for a man to do - it's shameful. Get your facts straight.

Stinger

Arcane
Guess someone at Kotaku reads prestigious Codex forums.

http://kotaku.com/5938182/diablo-iii-developer-insult-saga-continues

Kotaku said:
Anthony Davis, formerly of Obsidian fame, currently employed by TimeGate Studios, had some choice words for Jay Wilson earlier today via an RPG forum post. "What a disgusting man-child. I mean it. I feel bad for him and I hope and pray that he re-evaluates what is important in his life". These pretty strong words come after Jay Wilson's apology for his Facebook post in which he rudely dismissed an opinion of an ex-Blizzard employee and Diablo creator David Brevik. What is it with these developers, being so feisty all of a sudden? We don't know, but it does make our days a bit interesting. Keep it up, guys!

It's like nothing is private anymore...

What the fuck.

Piss off Kotaku you sensationalist, hit baiting hacks! This isn't for you!

inb4 'RPG Codex hurls insults at our glorious magazine'

grotsnik

Arcane
I'm...pretty sure the article doesn't actually exist. Marsal was just engaging with the public, heavily-media-monitored nature of online commentary for industry types via the twin media of journalistic satire and tubgirl.

Stinger

Arcane
Oh boy...talk about embarassing :oops:

Well 'Piss off Kotaku you sensationalist, hit baiting hacks!' is still pretty relevant.

As for Marsal, fuck that loser.

Stinger

Arcane
As for Marsal, fuck that loser.

As many of you probably know, I recently made a comment on the codex about Marsal. I want to make it clear that I am very sorry for what I said. I have higher expectations for myself than to express my feelings in such a rash way and disrespect a fellow codexer like Marsal, someone who deserves to be treated with greater respect.

What I said was expressed out of anger, and in defense of my rants about Kotaku's seemingly invasive quotemining for the sake of an article. People can say what they want about me, but I don't take lightly when they render the commitment and passion of my posts utterly useless. Marsal is awesome. I respect his vision for satire, but the codex must drive a vision for a shitpost that is true to us. We believe in shit posting and have stuck by it through years of hard decline to make it a reality.

Blahblah blah blah blah blah I ONCE LEFT MY PREGNANT WIFE TO POST ON THE CODEX blah blah blah blah I CLEARLY HAVEN'T LEARNED SHIT FROM ALL THIS AND AM JUST SORRY I GOT CALLED OUT ON IT blah blah balah blah blah X100

Saying that, I'd like to apologize to all of you, the codexers in our community. You deserve better than my reaction to realising I was butthurt for no reason. You deserve more honest communication about my posts and what I'm doing to make it a more awesome experience for us all. I care about the codex very much, and appreciate your passion for it. Without you, I wouldn't be able to do this, and for that I can't thank you enough.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's okay, Stinger. You were totally justified. But we appreciate how humble and awesome you are for putting together this sincere and heartfelt apology.

xoxoxox

:codexisfor:

Kingston

Arcane
Have you listened to the interview? Brevik did not call Diablo 3 shit. He just gave his opinion and was polite (and he mostly said what the people were saying since Diablo 3 came out). And these assholes started insulting the man, although he did not insult them. They are "professionals"? And if you read the "apology" you will see that it's just a "damage control" stunt and a PR speech of how he will continue to make the game "great", as he apologizes to the fans, not to the man he insulted. Not to mention disgusting remarks how he is "crazy, dedicated Diablo fan" as he sent away his pregnant wife and took a week off his job to be able to play it as that is something meaningful to the quality of his work on Diablo 3 and something positive for a man to do - it's shameful. Get your facts straight.

He said it was shit in polite words.

The Diablo developers were hurt because they looked up to the guy, he was the creator of the series. That's why Wilson talked so much about their Diablo fandom in the apology, to outline the fact that they are huge fans of the original games and having the creator call their game shit made them feel so hurt they posted stupid comments on the Internet.

How is it negative if the guy is a huge Diablo fan? Hahahaha, "disgusting remarks" - I'm not buying your shit for one minute, like you actually give a fuck that he took a week off to play Diablo 2. At least he's a big fan of the games, that's better than most sequels these days get.

You people are just angry you pissed away your money and time on the game. You made the choice to buy the game, deal with it.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I don't get the outrage over the "send the wife away and take time off from work to play diablo 2". How he spends his vacation time is his own business, and "send the wife away" probably means she was at the beach in Florida with her girlfriends or something.

Angthoron

Arcane

The Diablo developers were hurt because they looked up to the guy, he was the creator of the series. That's why Wilson talked so much about their Diablo fandom in the apology, to outline the fact that they are huge fans of the original games and having the creator call their game shit made them feel so hurt they posted stupid comments on the Internet.

How is it negative if the guy is a huge Diablo fan? Hahahaha, "disgusting remarks" - I'm not buying your shit for one minute, like you actually give a fuck that he took a week off to play Diablo 2. At least he's a big fan of the games, that's better than most sequels these days get.

You people are just angry you pissed away your money and time on the game. You made the choice to buy the game, deal with it.

Uhh, except, you know what? Syndicate 2012 devs were huge fans of Syndicate. Fallout 3 devs were HUGE fans of the original Fallouts. Everyone's a motherfucking huge fan of every fucking thing ever that they're working on a sequel to. Because FANS. Can't go wrong when something is made by a fan right? And being a fan is great and all, but as a fan that works on a commercial project, you're no longer a fan, you're a professional. You're supposed to act professionally, whether in regards to your product, your customer base or, indeed, your competition and critics, no matter who they are.

'cause you know, if I'd talk shit about a former employee that made a huge positive impact on the company I worked on, and got publically caught doing it, I'd be the one being a fucking moron, not the people panning me for it. Instead of being butthurt, Blizzard should make games that the creators of the series would be actually proud of. A shame that only the creator of Diablo series and a tiny handful of others have the sheer balls to say that the "sequel" or the "spiritual successor" of their "baby" is a retarded four-headed hermaphrodite Siamese twin.

Oh yeah, and try some products made by fans that aren't games - a car made by fan of automobiles, or a Beijing duck made by a fan of Chinese kitchen. You'll soon discover that you'd rather stick to professionals.

I don't get the outrage over the "send the wife away and take time off from work to play diablo 2". How he spends his vacation time is his own business, and "send the wife away" probably means she was at the beach in Florida with her girlfriends or something.

Also this. Is a pregnant wife a retarded pet that needs to be watched over through the entire pregnancy? Hey newsflash, pregnant wives still retain free will, and their husbands still go to parties, trips and holidays.

Kingston

Arcane
And being a fan is great and all, but as a fan that works on a commercial project, you're no longer a fan, you're a professional. You're supposed to act professionally, whether in regards to your product, your customer base or, indeed, your competition and critics, no matter who they are.

I don't disagree. Being a fan doesn't excuse their conduct, but it does explain it.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014

But IT IS shit.
Also, he's not a fan, he's a fanboy.

Angthoron

Arcane
And being a fan is great and all, but as a fan that works on a commercial project, you're no longer a fan, you're a professional. You're supposed to act professionally, whether in regards to your product, your customer base or, indeed, your competition and critics, no matter who they are.

I don't disagree. Being a fan doesn't excuse their conduct, but it does explain it.
True. Still, I think it's time for fans to grow out of their short pants and actually become professionals. I suppose Blizz/Activision model stifles them on that, hell, the whole industry sort of chokes personal and professional growth from what I understand, after all, it's easier to keep fans on churning out commodities rather than staff a professional, constantly evolving crew. Sadly, this same attitude is in the end what holds the entire industry back - if it wasn't only the suits with Business degrees and the figureheads that would be able to evolve and move further along their career paths, we'd all be in a better place - there'd be more competent project leads, new blood would constantly go into the industry, etc, etc.

But of course it's easier to stick to the current model, in which, even should professional courses be offered, no-one would take them since they're having 12-hour working days.

If that shit about pregnant wife is so irrelevant like you speak, why the fuck is it a "bragging" thing for Wilson and why the fuck does he mention it as a "proof" of his dedication to Diablo? And that retarded comments about his dad? Why the fuck mention it except as "bragging" that he's a "true" Diablo fan? That's what pisses me off. That he uses those stupid, stupid examples as a confirmation of how "dedicated" he is. Pregnant women are not retarded you fucks, you can stop your shit arguments now. I know that. I just consider it distasteful to use it as some kind of a bragging thing, that's all.

Brevik commented with normal dictionary, Wilson said fuck that loser. Hm, he's really butthurt, you are right about that.

Also what angthoron said. Bethesda are huge fans of Fallout. :troll:

But retards gonna retard I guess. I don't really give a shit about Brevik, or Wilson or all that shit. It's just that seeing people say that's a completely normal reaction from one of the leading gaming industry men is what's giving such pompous, asshole and arrogant developers that can do anything and produce shit games, and can't hear any critic on their "baby", because: fuck those losers and sheeple.

ironyuri

Guess someone at Kotaku reads prestigious Codex forums.

http://kotaku.com/5938182/diablo-iii-developer-insult-saga-continues

Kotaku said:
Anthony Davis, formerly of Obsidian fame, currently employed by TimeGate Studios, had some choice words for Jay Wilson earlier today via an RPG forum post. "What a disgusting man-child. I mean it. I feel bad for him and I hope and pray that he re-evaluates what is important in his life". These pretty strong words come after Jay Wilson's apology for his Facebook post in which he rudely dismissed an opinion of an ex-Blizzard employee and Diablo creator David Brevik. What is it with these developers, being so feisty all of a sudden? We don't know, but it does make our days a bit interesting. Keep it up, guys!

It's like nothing is private anymore...

Codex hasn't seen such a good tubgirling for years. All the brofists to Marsal.

tumblr_lgj7f6zN621qdn0g5o1_500.gif

Angthoron

Arcane
If that shit about pregnant wife is so irrelevant like you speak, why the fuck is it a "bragging" thing for Wilson and why the fuck does he mention it as a "proof" of his dedication to Diablo? And that retarded comments about his dad? Why the fuck mention it except as "bragging" that he's a "true" Diablo fan? That's what pisses me off. That he uses those stupid, stupid examples as a confirmation of how "dedicated" he is. Pregnant women are not retarded you fucks, you can stop your shit arguments now. I know that. I just consider it distasteful to use it as some kind of a bragging thing, that's all.

Maybe he was trying to reference http://www.destructoid.com/significant-other-playing-diablo-iii-get-a-free-vibrator-227682.phtml somehow? I don't know. It's a very stupid "brag" anyway, and I wonder if his wife actually knows he used that as an example of his badass fandom.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom