Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Josh Sawyer Q&A Thread

Sannom

Augur
RPG Codex: Oh, the good old days, when to play the game you were required to chew through a 100 page manual. Ah, such joyful era. How I miss it.

Also RPG Codex: what the fuck, 2 sentences of race description? Are you nuts?
I liked having the basic lore detailed in the manual, that's why I liked to read them (probably part of the reason I loved strategy games so much, reading the lore behind each unit and building was fun). I think they should have done that with PoE, it would have been better than the lore dumps.

Drax

Arcane
Ouch. That is a big bullet to get hit with at point blank, and knees are pretty painful in general. Can he still walk?

Sort of. He almost died though, something got into his bloodstream and caused an embolism. Not gonna win any dance competitions though.

See? Guns may not kill people but they will prevent people from dancing. #bowlingforprimeswifescousin

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

thinking.png

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I really liked New Vegas, but I'm pretty sure that guy has lost it. He sounds jaded, uninspired, and out of touch. He's also blaming others for his own faults. Kind of sad if you ask me.

Fairfax

Arcane
Rather ironic, considering he didn't care much about the memory limitations consoles had with FNV. :M

Grimlorn

Arcane
I really liked New Vegas, but I'm pretty sure that guy has lost it. He sounds jaded, uninspired, and out of touch. He's also blaming others for his own faults. Kind of sad if you ask me.
To be honest New Vegas was probably only good because they had all the ideas for Fallout 3 from the Black Isle days and just used them for New Vegas. Would be one of the reasons why it got done as quick as it did.

Codex Year of the Donut
Rather ironic, considering he didn't care much about the memory limitations consoles had with FNV. :M
not like it matters
every FO/TES released for console was nothing more than a cash grab from people too dumb to know better to begin with

2house2fly

Magister
To be honest New Vegas was probably only good because they had all the ideas for Fallout 3 from the Black Isle days and just used them for New Vegas. Would be one of the reasons why it got done as quick as it did.
what idea from F3 were "just used" for NV? Caesar's Legion was very different, and I think all Vegas and Hoover Dam had in common was being set at those locations

imweasel

I'd also give a lot of credit to John Gonzalez, as he is a good narrative designer and writer. His work on Horizon: Zero Dawn is also pretty good.

History is exactly what you should study if you want to be unemployed after graduation. Sawyer got a lucky break, as lot of these guys end up flipping burgers or returning to school to learn something that is actually useful.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Josh said that only superficial ideas were used and any amount of time saved was negligible.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
History is exactly what you should study if you want to be unemployed after graduation. Sawyer got a lucky break, as lot of these guys end up flipping burgers or returning to school to learn something that is actually useful.
As one professor that taught Modern history of South East Europe told me, quoting his own professor from way back, "The History degree grants you nothing besides a wider general knowledge".

I've got a history degree, and I work as a programmer full time, but I'm an exception. The majority of history students who end up working in their field become either schoolteachers, or remain at the university.

zapotec

Liturgist
Yes if you have an History degree better forget any ideas about lost cities, exotic travel, and digging up the world.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i mean, wtf would one even do with a history degree? you can get one of those goverment clerk jobs that require a bachelor's, (ANY kind), or go and teach history class but besides that what the fuck else?

Quillon

Arcane
i mean, wtf would one even do with a history degree? you can get one of those goverment clerk jobs that require a bachelor's, (ANY kind), or go and teach history class but besides that what the fuck else?

Knowing history one would be wise then one could join the mafia and be a wise guy :cool:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom