Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Josh Sawyer Q&A Thread

Codex Year of the Donut
Sure. I don't know who/what you're arguing against, though. No lead is gonna say on twitter "a few of my collaborators are irreplaceable but all the gooks below sure are". Not that anyone actually even talked about 'equally irreplaceable' until you made it a thing
You understand the entire thing was started by Kojima's tweet, right?

Diggfinger

Arcane
The idea that everyone who contributes is equal is bullshit. Some people contribute far more than others and without them the project either wouldn't exist or would be radically different. These people are almost exclusively in leadership roles.
Let me put it this way: There's a reason Sawyer's name is the first name you see in the New Vegas credits.

Of course!

And you can have the most talented people in the world, but without a leader with a clear vision who manages the process talent is useless
:love::balance::brodex:

Who's Hideo Kojima?
edit: nevermind, googled it...meh...

The ULTIMATE story-fag.
His games are essentially cut-scenes (looking at you, MGSIII. Oh wait, another 20+ min montage? Why let me get another cup of tea then...)
EsteemedUnawareAiredale-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
LMAO I just found that Codex used to love Josh in good ol' times.

https://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=24
This is what decline truly feels like. Peeking at an old thread and realising codex users would actually write posts without feeling the need to drop snarky comments, edgelord bullshit and whatnot to safeguard some perceived yet inexistent street cred.
:negative:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
A Josh Sawyer game means the dialogue equivalent of watching paint dry and the chasing of a particular kind of shiny objects.
Fallout New Vegas: A Game by Josh Sawyer with Assistance from A Few Dozen Others
I can believe both these things while believing New Vegas is one of the best. A lot of people didn't like New Vegas's dry player character dialogue in particular (though I did) and Chris Avellone called out Sawyer for spending so much time focusing on getting looping reload animations, Caravan, ammo crafting, and other nonessential features working instead of putting more focus on critical stability issues.

Diggfinger

Arcane
So, here's an interesting fun-fact for all the Sawyer-fans out there.

Did YOU know, that his favorite cheese is...
a welsh cheddar called Red Dragon. It's made of ale and mustard seeds.
(47 min mark)

>Sawyer prefers SA

Oh....that makes sense. Has the guy transitioned, mistaken the weird-colored discharges f puss as natural menstrual cycles and adopted custom pronouns yet?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He said he couldn't be everywhere and much prefers Something Awful and badgame.
it was an excuse, the real reason is that Sawyer was creeped out.

Getting praised by SA cucks is way easier for him than getting involved in :obviously: discussions here

If you’re a developer with a high enough profile for people to care about what you say on the internet, you’d have to be insane to post here regularly. Ziets is very smart about it. He clearly follows some of the discussions here, but rarely ever comments unless he’s got some useful piece of information he can disclose (possibly while throwing shade at former colleagues he dislikes with so much subtlety that it’s hard to tell if he’s doing it intentionally). Some other big name developers with accounts that have been quiet for over a decade will still answer their PMs. Tim Cain mocked me when I tried to bribe him right after the Outer Worlds announcement.

But you’ve gotta be nuts to dive into an unmoderated forum when your employer doesn’t want you creating controversy.

Avellone’s a freelancer and even he only engages with us when he’s clearly in a bad place. I don’t know what happened during his May of rage, but he was very uninhibited and extremely pissed off. Plus, he’s charming enough that he can tell people to go fuck themselves when necessary without blowing everything up. I don’t see Sawyer deftly parrying racial slurs and holocaust jokes like MCA does. He’d either have to stop posting or it would turn into an after school special about how racism is bad. Not worth the agita.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom