Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Josh Sawyer Q&A Thread

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Funny how he pretends to care at first and then just shuts him down.

Edit: here's the source btw. It gets funnier with his subsequent tweets.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Not sure what kind of response the guy expected. Bethesda obviously don't give a fuck about the lore. They recycle the elements they like from Fallout and Fallout 2 without any regard to context.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dear Josh Sawyer,

Did you break stealth in IWD2?. Most of the Codex hates me because I pointed out that if your character is within the vision range of an enemy (not obscured behind something) and has already entered stealth, they will fail at the end of the round. This occurs regardless of character skill, enemy infravision, and any other reason the Codex can come up with.

The fact that I seem to be the only person who has noticed this - although it was verified by a few other esteemed individuals - is a source of great irritation to those that have been playing it for years, and didn't notice. Is my hazy memory correct in assuming you did this purposefully to nerf stealth? As mentioned in an interview.

Please be assured that the irritation the Codex has towards me on this issue pales in comparison to the irritation I have towards you; as I am quite certain you are responsible for this particular rulz/fix for something that wasn't broken.

P.s. I was a gold backer for POE. It took me about 1 round of playtime to realize that sucked as well.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Dear Josh Sawyer,

Did you break stealth in IWD2?. Most of the Codex hates me because I pointed out that if your character is within the vision range of an enemy (not obscured behind something) and has already entered stealth, they will fail at the end of the round. This occurs regardless of character skill, enemy infravision, and any other reason the Codex can come up with.

The fact that I seem to be the only person who has noticed this - although it was verified by a few other esteemed individuals - is a source of great irritation to those that have been playing it for years, and didn't notice. Is my hazy memory correct in assuming you did this purposefully to nerf stealth? As mentioned in an interview.

Please be assured that the irritation the Codex has towards me on this issue pales in comparison to the irritation I have towards you; as I am quite certain you are responsible for this issue.

P.s. I was a gold backer for POE. It took me about 1 round of playtime to realize that sucked as well.
https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/ask

The Real Fanboy

Josh doing research for Grounded?
QSGbFWI.png

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Off-topic, but I like how Nate Silver's understanding of the "fundamentals" of a political campaign has no notion of the political positions or promises of the politicians involved. It pretty much assumes that nothing a politician is saying during the campaign has any weight on the outcome. Such a bona-fide nerd, if not an autist.

Prime Junta

Off-topic, but I like how Nate Silver's understanding of the "fundamentals" of a political campaign has no notion of the political positions or promises of the politicians involved. It pretty much assumes that nothing a politician is saying during the campaign has any weight on the outcome. Such a bona-fide nerd, if not an autist.

I believe his assumption is that all that stuff is reflected in the numbers.

Mog knows there’s way too much punditry about the other kind of stuff. IMO there’s room for a Nate Silver who just crunches the numbers and tells you what the model spits out. Your loss if you treat him as an infallible prophet.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Dear Josh Sawyer,

Please be assured that the irritation the Codex has towards me on this issue pales in comparison to the irritation I have towards you; as I am quite certain you are responsible for this particular rulz/fix for something that wasn't broken.

Are you sure this is why most of the codex hates you?

Funny how he pretends to care at first and then just shuts him down.

Edit: here's the source btw. It gets funnier with his subsequent tweets.

Geez I missed this until now. What a fucking dipshit. In the replies he makes a point of ignoring the obvious Jet error by repeating the line about the kid in the fridge. His attempt to dismiss bad writing in sci-fi because "lol tons of other stuff that don't really exist are in the game, too" is becoming a hallmark of shitty writers. I see this shit a lot when people defend newer Star Wars and Star Trek shit as well.

This is why executives shouldn't directly engage with customers. At least Blizzard would have rewarded the guy who brought this up by adding a joke NPC to the game.

hexer

lol remember the analytics controversy here, Josh changed his mind?

I have to question his sanity for posting that.
If he checked PoE global achievements on Steam before making Deadfire, he could see that the sequel wasn't really asked for...

- only 46.7% players finished Act 1.
- only 13.2% players finished the game.

And there he was, rushing to make a slamdunk sequel.
For whom?

Prime Junta

lol remember the analytics controversy here, Josh changed his mind?

I have to question his sanity for posting that.
If he checked PoE global achievements on Steam before making Deadfire, he could see that the sequel wasn't really asked for...

- only 46.7% players finished Act 1.
- only 13.2% players finished the game.

And there he was, rushing to make a slamdunk sequel.
For whom?

These numbers are completely par for course for any RPG. Meaning, by your logic, no sequel is ever really asked for.

hexer

These numbers are completely par for course for any RPG. Meaning, by your logic, no sequel is ever really asked for.

So people are buying games they never bother to finish?
To collect and own is the number one reason to buy a game nowadays?
Makes sense from the hunter/gatherer perspective.
If that's the case, so be it!

Trashos

Arcane

In the US, each of the two major parties wins twice in a row, then loses twice in a row, then wins twice in a row etc-etc. There, I solved the election mystery for you.

Edit: Disagree all you want, but from Eisenhower on (ie, since 1952) my little algorithm has only failed on the 1980 elections. That's like 94% prediction success.

Last edited:

Butter

Arcane
Patron

In the US, each of the two major parties wins twice in a row, then loses twice in a row, then wins twice in a row etc-etc. There, I solved the election mystery for you.

Edit: Disagree all you want, but from Eisenhower on (ie, since 1952) my little algorithm has only failed on the 1980 elections. That's like 94% prediction success.

Harthwain

Magister

So people are buying games they never bother to finish?
To collect and own is the number one reason to buy a game nowadays?
Makes sense from the hunter/gatherer perspective.
If that's the case, so be it!
People buy games with the intent to play them. Finishing a game is an entirely another matter though.

You could burn out. Or hit a wall at some point and lose interest in continuing. You take a break and/or play another game in the meantime? You might forget about that other game you were playing. Some people have a backlog of games, because they don't have enough time to play them all, etc.

hexer

As they say, eyes are bigger than one's stomach!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom