Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Josh Sawyer Q&A Thread

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
And that's after they brought the hammer on Avellone too. :lol:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Is that the Jason Bergman who ran loonygames back in the late 90s?

Edit: I feel like I asked this once before, several years ago. I may be stuck in a loop.

Last edited:
2000: kresselak tomb

15 years later: paths of od nua
what years do to designer

as for his black hound maps, I don't know what he sees, but I see ambition, passion, and potentially a great game which was never made. the Labyrinth could have been add-on like Durlag later.
agree. He wants to punch himself in the face. But really he has simply lost passion for what he does. That is why black isle and interplay used to make good games with soul, because they were young and passionate about what they were doing. Now all they see is what they can't do, and the know the bare minimum needed to squeeze out some efficient middle portion of their base coonsoomer for money and so they just aim to do that.

It makes for a shit product, and a shit boring drudgery of an existence and sucks the soul out of what they are doing even if it makes them some money and is more 'efficient' and 'sensible' than making a game with 11 cities and 482 maps and 320 creature types or whatever. Now he is sad because he knows deep down he has lost this exuberance for life by being 'sensible'....and "balanced"

Wunderbar

Arcane
1j1pyb.jpg

Obsidian's skyrim clone will feature disguise system!

Sentinel

Arcane
That part where he talks about PoE & DivOS shows that he's still completely delusional and does not understand why PoE2 was such a flop. He actually thinks he was pandering to the IE purists.
P.S.: He supports the idea of getting rid of misses in BG3.

Ninjerk

Arcane
His love for this borefest of a game is not surprising. If he says anything of interest and someone hears it, could you give a timestamp? Only thing he said so far that I heard was that working remotely doesn't slow down development that much because they are in Slack teams.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom